Rotoworld.com Forums

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

My team is not in the finals. I probably should move LF back just in case my opponent is checking. LOL  

I'd also broadcast a message to your league explaining what you did ;)

Edit: and thanks btw for testing it!

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the Commish in my ESPN league. This weekend, I had to face my opponent who owned Taysom Hill. He slotted him in his TE spot and had Mahomes in his QB spot. Some other members in my league talked a

Heres my thing: it was well established Taysom's position eligibility before the season.  If a commissioner wanted to make a rule PRIOR to the season I get that. But to try to pull rank during the sea

Posted Images

Quick updates all in one post

• The screenshot I posted came from a chat with ESPN.  I clicked around and found a support page, and a little bot popped up in the corner.  They were super responsive, this took maybe 5 minutes despite it being a Saturday night.  I was not able to find that same page on my own, he had to produce the screenshot for me.   (EDIT- Today i can find it on my own, including his switchback.  Strange that it wasn't showing last night)
  • I can't find if he's done this before, but I don't think he's had to.   He's that guy who bullied or hoodwinked people into bad trades, and he built a juggernaut.  However, he got greedy.  He traded for CMC and Mixon, among others, and he drafted Thomas and Keenan Allen, so he's down to scraps at RB and WR. 
  • And the key point- he switched it back sometime overnight.  My email was "email the league" feature and me clicking his team name, not a direct message, so who knows if he even got the message.   
  • I still am blowing this up, I lost a decent couple hours of sleep last night over this garbage.  Once he pays me (I get money even if I lose), i'm gonna share it with my coworker who dislikes him the most, and it'll get spread around that way.   I'm gonna move to get him kicked out of next year's league and we just start one without him. 
  • One last tidbit- he's got Keenan Allen sitting in his flex spot.   I dropped Rashad Higgins and picked up Tyron Johnson just now. 
Edited by BrianM
  • Like 2
Just now, BrianM said:

Quick updates all in one post

• The screenshot I posted came from a chat with ESPN.  I clicked around and found a support page, and a little bot popped up in the corner.  They were super responsive, this took maybe 5 minutes despite it being a Saturday night.  I was not able to find that same page on my own, he had to produce the screenshot for me.  
  • I can't find if he's done this before, but I don't think he's had to.   He's that guy who bullied or hoodwinked people into bad trades, and he built a juggernaut.  However, he got greedy.  He traded for CMC and Mixon, among others, and he drafted Thomas and Keenan Allen, so he's down to scraps at RB and WR. 
  • And the key point- he switched it back sometime overnight.  My email was "email the league" feature and me clicking his team name, not a direct message, so who knows if he even got the message.   
  • I still am blowing this up, I lost a decent couple hours of sleep last night over this garbage.  Once he pays me (I get money even if I lose), i'm gonna share it with my coworker who dislikes him the most, and it'll get spread around that way.   I'm gonna move to get him kicked out of next year's league and we just start one without him. 
  • One last tidbit- he's got Keenan Allen sitting in his flex spot.   I dropped Rashad Higgins and picked up Tyron Johnson just now. 

You should check to see if he did the dirty before. I have to believe he has and has gotten away with before. I could be wrong  ...

You really need to check out this yourself  I outlined how it can be done on the page before this

This is how you can see a cheating LM. Click on see recent activity

clink on transactions click on team name ( LMs team) click on move 

Yahoo commish here, 1st year, have a guy in the league who is dropping all his bench b/c he DGAF, but some good players, and we are doing keeper so we want to lock this guy and fix his team for whoever takes over next yr.  Main question, in Yahoo are you allowed to do moves after the finals since there's a week 17?  Or does it lock after all the games in champ week?  Any advice welcome for this situation.

48 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I think they give you a waiver week after week 16, but that's it- no free for all Wednesday AM of anyone unclaimed.   

Yes, this is correct.  You get one last waiver pickup.  So often times, this is where you're going to speculate on keepers for next year.  I think if your team was eliminated from the playoffs however, you don't get to make pickups?  I'm a little unclear there.

On 12/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, BrianM said:

I think they give you a waiver week after week 16, but that's it- no free for all Wednesday AM of anyone unclaimed.   

On 12/27/2020 at 6:17 PM, CooL said:

Yes, this is correct.  You get one last waiver pickup.  So often times, this is where you're going to speculate on keepers for next year.  I think if your team was eliminated from the playoffs however, you don't get to make pickups?  I'm a little unclear there.

Waking up this Tuesday morning and I can see that my Yahoo league is essentially locked.  So you can't put any waiver claims in.  Disappointing.  Wanted to scour the wire one last time, maybe drop my defense and kicker to speculate on some keepers for next season. 

I'm remembering now in years past that I think you need to put in your waiver claims before the beginning of the last Monday night game, so I don't think you could even do the defense and kicker drops.  I think if your claims had already been pending, then they'll process like normal tomorrow morning.  But otherwise that's it for the year.

3 hours ago, CooL said:

I'm remembering now in years past that I think you need to put in your waiver claims before the beginning of the last Monday night game, so I don't think you could even do the defense and kicker drops.  I think if your claims had already been pending, then they'll process like normal tomorrow morning.  But otherwise that's it for the year.

I think this is correct, but there's a hitch to note.  This happened a few years back in my keeper.  Any guys gone through after week 16 don't show up on the Final Roster page, because they'll never actually play for the team since the season is over.  The commish has to catch them in the transaction roll to get them added to the offseason roster list. 

So i got "tipped" by a couple players in my keeper league.   One guy sent 10 bucks, he won a small profit.  Another sent 40.  In his case, we agreed to split the difference between 1st and 2nd as we met in the finals.  I won, but he earned an extra 100 bc of the split (figured it was the good karma thing to do).  So he just kinda paid me back a little.

I don't host the draft, a man caver does, but i guess next year I gotta supply some liquor or something cool with this cash, right?  I could pay it back, but then we're just playing Venmo tag.