WR: Michael Thomas, AJ Brown, Sutton

TE: Kittle

FLEX: McLaurin, Jonathan Taylor

D- Steelers

K: Gould

Bench

QB: Sam Darnold, Ben Roethlisberger, Jordan Love

RB: Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Tarik Cohen, Damien Harris

WR: Denzel Mims, Gallup, Michael Pittman, Diontae Johnson, Anthony Miller, Bryan Edwards, Parris Campbell, Antonio Gandy Golden

TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

D- Colts

Team won a Chip last year on the backs of MT, Zeke and Kittle despite being worse than my current team and starting Tevin Coleman at RB2, but trades elsewhere mean this team is about 3rd to 4th in the league due to an over abundance of youth.

Have been getting a few offers for MT—some good some not—but I thought this was the most interesting:

Give: MT+2021 3rd

Get: DJ Chark+D’Andre Swift+2021 1st (likely 4 or 5 overall)+2022 1st

It sounds crazy but I am actualy leaning yes just for the fact that I am losing confidence that there will be a season and that anyone will win a fantasy championship this year.

Then throw in that my team looks built for 2021 more than 2020 and in a year MT will be 28 with Taysom Hill as his QB after a year where his biggest value (immediate production) was neutered and I am not sure I ever get a better offer

Then again he is Michael Thomas. He produced with Teddy. I believe he can produce with Jameis—but Taysom Hill?

Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

See the source image

You think it's that bad? I thought Chark+3 1sts with two early and none late wasn't bad value wise.

Just hard to lose MT

The other offer was DJ Moore and Justin Jefferson but I thought this one was more worth a look

I wouldn't make that deal but if you convinced there will be no 2020, then you probably should make it

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Keep MT. He means so much more in an 8 teamer i think.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I wouldn't make that deal but if you convinced there will be no 2020, then you probably should make it

A few weeks ago I was sure.

Still crossing my fingers but if it is cancelled I see this as a window for a lot of accurate prognosticators in dynasty leagues everywhere to get good value

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Give: MT+2021 3rd

Get: DJ Chark+D’Andre Swift+2021 1st (likely 4 or 5 overall)+2022 1st

Given your situation I would probably lean that way, especially given the current cloud over the 2020 season.

However, I'm not 100% convinced on either Chark or Swift: Chark has the Jaguars to deal with, and Swift the Lions. In both cases, it's a bit of a zoo.

0PfMfYb.gif?noredirect

With the 2 firsts however, I think you come out on top. If you add the chance that we're going straight into 2021... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’d take that man. MT is elite and great but his value is highest rn. You’d get Shark who is imo a WR2 in dynasty to replace MT plus you get Swift who can be a PPR monster AND 2 first rounders? Yes I accept 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Given your situation I would probably lean that way, especially given the current cloud over the 2020 season.

However, I'm not 100% convinced on either Chark or Swift: Chark has the Jaguars to deal with, and Swift the Lions. In both cases, it's a bit of a zoo.

0PfMfYb.gif?noredirect

With the 2 firsts however, I think you come out on top. If you add the chance that we're going straight into 2021... 

The organizations are quite bad though I do feel that's baked into current price.

Chark in particular is joining a list of Jaguar breakout WRs who didn't quite keep up their trajectory (Arob is fantastic but went from a high end WR in his 2nd year to high WR2 with occasional low WR1 upside--probably on QBs more than him

But there might be glimmers: Lions have had good passing offenses for a while--they just can't run (maybe enough to protect Swift's floor since he is probably as involved in the passing game)

Chark especially could be Trevor Lawrence's number 1 WR a year from now and if the season happens and Jags start sucking he will be priced like Lawrence is his future QB like Boyd/Mixon were this year

(no idea how they'd decide the draft order if the season is in fact cut)

Edited by mocha4313

2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Chark especially could be Trevor Lawrence's number 1 WR a year from now

Well yes, but that could be the case for pretty much every WR.

Btw I only now realised that "no season" also means "no junior/senior year for College players". Now that's going to make next year's draft an interesting lottery.

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Btw I only now realised that "no season" also means "no junior/senior year for College players". Now that's going to make next year's draft an interesting lottery.

Probably weighted in some way. They can't do the same order and give the Bengals two number 1 picks, but I doubt they want KC/BAL winning a random lottery either

The NHL in 2005 after a lockout season did a reverse order of past 5 year records--maybe something like that? Lucky Niners

Jags would get penalized for their one year of not being terrible

With that said though looking at depth charts if the year is played other terrible teams needing QBs wish they could be the Jaguars in the Lawrence race IMO. I mean yikes.

Only ones even in the same realm to me look like the Panthers and (hot take) Chargers. Maybe Detroit if Stafford goes down again or the Bears if the whole D gets hurt. I think the Redskins will improve enough to get out of that tier--same for the Bengals/Dolphins but they aren't taking Lawrence even if they suck

It's hard to predict since this time a year ago everyone had the Dolphins fighting for 0-16 and picking Tua number 1; but on paper, Chark might have the inside track

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

On a similar note: No idea how exactly a lottery would work but it would be probably be controversial however it was done

Edited by mocha4313
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

On a similar note: No idea how exactly a lottery would work but it would be probably be controversial however it was done

I can already taste the indignation about the shameless cheating of the Patriots.

And then the desperation of the Pats fans when BB pisses his first 2 picks away.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

top 5 dynasty asset for a rookie rb on a trash team and organization for years/decades. one that wasted stafford and calvin

another trash organization jax with trash qb play and a inconsistent wr play. very boom or bust.

no chance i would build a trade around one of the main pieces being a wr tied to a 6th rd qb like minchew.

easiest way to consistently win is draft good consistent players on good teams with good offense.

picks do nothing for me as who knows what will be there or if you will even pick the right guy. not to mention it being an 8 teamer.

why u in a rush to move thomas? you think hes going to fall of a cliff without brees?

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

top 5 dynasty asset for a rookie rb on a trash team and organization for years/decades. one that wasted stafford and calvin

another trash organization jax with trash qb play and a inconsistent wr play. very boom or bust.

no chance i would build a trade around one of the main pieces being a wr tied to a 6th rd qb like minchew.

easiest way to consistently win is draft good consistent players on good teams with good offense.

picks do nothing for me as who knows what will be there or if you will even pick the right guy. not to mention it being an 8 teamer.

why u in a rush to move thomas? you think hes going to fall of a cliff without brees?

This is my thought. Plus with 8 teamers, depth is more plentiful and it looks like OP has a bunch of promising young WRs. I’d be looking to bolster the starting lineup

id rather go hard for mahomes.

m thomas and a qb (even watson think he will struggle without nuk) for mahomes and decent wr2

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Thomas is an incredible talent and I believe he can produce with a lot of non brees QBs, including Birdgewater and Winston

Taysom Hill as his QB as he turns 28 and goes into the end of his prime would definitely scare me though and if needing to rebuild I doubt there would be halfway decent value coming back. Look at how Julio’s dynasty value is crumbling despite him producing and having Matt Ryan (not Taysom).

Not in a rush at all. I got an offer for him a month ago that had some nice pieces but not near enough and then said I would be open to hearing other offers.

One was MT and Ben for Tua, Deebo, Dobbins and a 1st

One was MT for Moore and Justin Jefferson

I thought this was more interesting than those (Tua’s value isn’t as much with only 8 teams—even SF) and worth considering

Definitely not been trying to give him away

It’s an 8 team league which places a premium on the best of the best at each position. MT, while he may not repeat last season is nearly in a class of his own.

If this was a 12 team league or more where depth is way more crucial I’d probably make that trade.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

if you won the league last year how did you get ceh?

I had 1.6 and 1.8 and paid a heavy price to move up and get 1.1 and 1.2 to select JT and CEH

The team I won the league with was not that good. It was stacked like 8 deep at WR but had Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen at RB2 and RB3

• Like 1

In shallow leagues top tier talent is the key to winning. While the package is fair value for MT the issue is you’re trading 4 quarters for a dollar. Keep what you have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you should be able to get more, especially in such a small league.  Does that owner have any other pieces of value 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, apap414 said:

I think you should be able to get more, especially in such a small league.  Does that owner have any other pieces of value 

Just picks. His team is quite old except for those two and Juju (who I don't really have much interest in)

I guess he has Wentz and Lamar (who is untouchable)

His other draft picks for this year were KeShawn Vaughn and Brandon Aiyuk

Edited by mocha4313