nll928

Sterling Shepherd 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, nll928 said:

Not much talk about any NYG receivers.  Is this the guy?

Personally, I like Slayton more

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Personally, I like Slayton more

Yep. Currently loading up on Slayton round 13+ in Bestball leagues. Perfect 2 TD upside in random games. 

• Like 1

Struggle to decide here between Shepard, Tate, and Slayton.   I figure its a guessing game of who goes off any given week.  

• Like 1

It will be musical WR chairs that NY plays each week, can't put too much stock into their group. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrianM said:

Struggle to decide here between Shepard, Tate, and Slayton.   I figure its a guessing game of who goes off any given week.  

If you can get one of them in a sufficiently low round, why not. Trying to guess who's going to be the guy... Nah.

In Dynasty it's different, there I would definitely hold on to Slayton.

• Like 1

Anyone considering flexing this guy? Talks are he's the number 1 option in NY now and Tate missed practice with a soft tissue injury. I heard Slayton is a tad banged up too. Any thoughts, tough matchup against Pittsburgh. 

In my opinion, Sterling Shepard is being massively under-valued.

He played 10 games last season, and averaged 13 ppr points a week over those 10 games.

All info has stated that Shepard has been making CBs look silly, and I firmly believe he is now the #1 option, with Slayton being the #2 receiver. Tate, whenever he is ready, will be #3.

NYG is going to utilize Saquan Barkley a ton out of the backfield, which means defenses will be watching him. There should be plenty of targets to go around, and Shepard should easily see 8-12 targets a game.

A great guy to target once you enter the 6th-8th rounds depending on how deep your league is.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

He played 10 games last season, and averaged 13 ppr points a week over those 10 games.

All info has stated that Shepard has been making CBs look silly, and I firmly believe he is now the #1 option, with Slayton being the #2 receiver. Tate, whenever he is ready, will be #3.

NYG is going to utilize Saquan Barkley a ton out of the backfield, which means defenses will be watching him. There should be plenty of targets to go around, and Shepard should easily see 8-12 targets a game.

A great guy to target once you enter the 6th-8th rounds depending on how deep your league is.

One more hit to his head and his career is likely over. 

8 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

You can honestly get him in round 9 or later in most leagues. But yea, I'm super excited to see how he plays out. 

The talk on Shephard out of camp has been uber positive and that he is absolutely the #1 receiver of the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CORTEz said:

100%. Was the 24th WR in ppr ppg last season and 17th in targets per game, next to no risk where he is going and a shot at a nice profit.

• Like 1

Got him for $1 in my auction league and pick 145 in my snake draft, both 12 team leagues.  He's being slept on BIG TIME.

This thread will blow up after Sunday 🤣

1 hour ago, spd2base said:

This thread will blow up after Sunday 🤣

Doesn't the Steelers have a strong Secondary? Im sure Sterling will get the volume, but not sure about the production.

1 minute ago, unk3 said:

Doesn't the Steelers have a strong Secondary? Im sure Sterling will get the volume, but not sure about the production.

Lockdown secondary. Shepard is going to get erased. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Lockdown secondary. Shepard is going to get erased. 

While I don't think it's going to be his best game, I'd say he's still got a very solid PPR floor, probably looking at a 5-50-0 floor.

But this is going to be a strange season. Anything goes Week 1.

Giants' offense have all the pieces to start to emerge as a threat.  Not sure about their O-Line but Shephard is consistently raising his game.  I think that a breakout from him his imminent, it might not be this year but it will happen eventually.    If we can get his catch rate up about five more points....wooo mama

Edited by dudewithabadcat

20 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Giants' offense have all the pieces to start to emerge as a threat.  Not sure about their O-Line but Shephard is consistently raising his game.  I think that a breakout from him his imminent, it might not be this year but it will happen eventually.    If we can get his catch rate up about five more points....wooo mama

Breakout happening this year.  Guaranteed to provide value over ADP at the very least.

13 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Guaranteed to provide value over ADP at the very least.

Agree with this.  Frankly, he is pretty consistent with his stats.  Last year he took a major bump forward with his catch percentage. 

Week 1 is the worse possible matchup for the NYG.   That said,  I think he is the main guy to move the chains in short yardage throws.  D Jones is going to be throwing from behind alot and gonna be forced to throw short qhick passes under pressure.   Shephard should get peppered with targets.

Sneaky start this week.  I just hope he gets a TD along the way as well .   

12 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Week 1 is the worse possible matchup for the NYG.   That said,  I think he is the main guy to move the chains in short yardage throws.  D Jones is going to be throwing from behind alot and gonna be forced to throw short qhick passes under pressure.   Shephard should get peppered with targets.

Sneaky start this week.  I just hope he gets a TD along the way as well .   

If tate is out and Shepard hits the slot he should be fine. If tate plays then Shepard is gonna get stuck on Nelson/Haden island, not a good spot. 

• Like 1