nll928

Golden Tate 2020 Outlook

Nope, he most certainly isn’t

The man who goes by the name Darius ! that’s your guy

I see him as a solid WR3 in PPR at a bargain price. He managed 50 receptions with 6 TDs last season despite being suspended for the first four games. I expect the same this year with a slight uptick in receptions. Should Danny Dimes improve and Engram & Shepard keep struggling to stay healthy he may even flirt with 80+ receptions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nll928 said:

Not much talk about any NYG receivers.  Is this the guy?

Personally, I think Slayton is the better bet

On 7/2/2020 at 11:23 AM, RunCMC said:

Nope, he most certainly isn’t

The man who goes by the name Darius ! that’s your guy

On 7/2/2020 at 12:27 PM, hockeyfan77 said:

Personally, I think Slayton is the better bet

Slayton is a good WR2 but the Giants' future WR1 is probably set to enter in the 2021 Draft

...unless they go after Godwin, ARob, etc in free agency

I’d rank them Slayton, Tate, Shepard myself. Tate seems to be going last out of the 3 in drafts so does offer some value but agree with others that Slayton has all the upside. Seemed to be on the same page with Daniel Jones. That said a true breakout for Slayton may not happen till one of those other receivers isn’t on the team as you have five quality players commanding receptions once you throw in Engram and Barkley.

Tate is still a solid & valuable WR after all these years. 

Posted (edited)

Golden Tate is currently the most Undervalued player in all of Fantasy Football.

FantasyPros has him with an ECR of #126 overall and an ADP of #127 overall. This is completely absurd value.

Tate has scored at least 12 (11.8) PPR points in 9 of his last 10 games. He essentially enters 2020 with a 90% chance of scoring 12 points in a game, yet he's going in the 13th round. He is an every-week starter in 2020 with Daniel Jones bulking up 9 pounds, with Andrew Thomas at LT giving Tate more time to get open and get YAC. Tate is the ultimate Zero-WR strategy WR. If you draft RB heavy early, Tate is the WR you want to target later.

Golden Tate last 10 games played:

Week 17: 17.8

Wk 16: 15.6

Wk 15: 12.1

Wk 14: 2.1 (Eli at QB, no chemistry)

Wk 12: 12.3

Wk 10: 23.5

Wk 9: 11.8

Wk 8: 16.5

Wk 7: 14

Wk 6: 22.2

1) Shepard is 1 concussion away from retirement. Literally.

2) Slayton will give you 2-3 blowup games a year, boom/bust guy.

Tate is the #1 Giants WR you want in PPR. High PPR floor, so safe and consistent. Daniel Jones loves throwing to him, and he gets so much YAC. He is the hidden gem this year. I think he will be better in 2020 than he was in 2019, for many reasons.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I target Golden every year. Even last year when suspended 4 games. 

He immediately came in and disrupted the WR chain. 

I don't think he's a 1k receiver anymore, but definitely a threat for 60 /900 / 5 range IMO. 

I'll be targeting again this year as well. Good points. 

If you like golden Tate also look at guys like Jamison Crowder and Marvin Jones. 

Very similar expectations for them both and also comparatively priced to Golden. 

Edit : Didn't realize Marvin was in late 70s. Still like, but NOT comparatively priced. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Should be the 1st Giants WR going in Drafts. No doubt.

Just sit back and let other people draft Shepard and Slayton first. Then you get Tate for screaming value.

• Like 1

About 2 weeks to go until the start of the season and word out of Giants camp is that Sterling Shepard has separated himself from Slayton and Tate as the clear #1 wr.  Do you think that Tate is still draftable even in PPR leagues?  It seems like there are a lot of mouths to feed with Barkley, Shepard, Slayton, Tate and the TE Engram.

I was able to get him for $2 in my auction last night.   I think he's kinda underrated since most prefer both Shep and Slay, for fair reasons.   They were $12 and $10 respectively, but last season Tate's PPG was right at part with those two.    He's definitely worth rostering in a deeper league and a solid spot start.   

I also got him late in auction last night, cheap -- $3. Personally think he's safer than Slayton. Dont know how he does it but Tate keeps producing. At that price i'll take him any day

Still worth rostering this guy y'all think? The age and injury situation plus Slayton looking like a potential breakout has me thinking no. 

Slayton hasn’t done it with all the WR on the field at the same time. 
He’s a safe ppr floor receiver for your bye weeks. If you want to take your shots on WW guys I wouldn’t blame you 

Anybody starting Tate this week?

I'm debating Tate vs. Shepard vs. D-Jax in 1 league

I'm debating Tate vs. Aiyuk in another league

Edited by PisEdiRin

Sterling Shepard out the next 3 games with turf toe which makes Golden Tate a good PPR add.

• Like 1

Anyone starting Tate this week? Giants offense is trash, but he and Slayton should have a good fantasy week against Dallas' putrid defense. I see Slayton getting the scores but Tate getting a good number of rec and yards with a decent shot at a score. 

On 10/8/2020 at 5:11 PM, Drewfus said:

Anyone starting Tate this week? Giants offense is trash, but he and Slayton should have a good fantasy week against Dallas' putrid defense. I see Slayton getting the scores but Tate getting a good number of rec and yards with a decent shot at a score. 

Starting Tate in my flex.  Seems like he’s almost a guarantee for 15+ points this week 

Seems like a sneaky add right now. Maybe he's not fantasy relevant anymore but it seems like he might still have it after his TD last Thursday and if he's traded to a team with a top QB, he could be a solid second half WR. Particularly if he joins Aaron Rodgers in GB, Philip Rivers in IND, or returns to the Lions and rejoins Matt Stafford.

I feel like he's almost guaranteed to be traded (and likely won't cost more than a 6th/7th round pick)

Edited by PhilaFanBoy

12 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Seems like a sneaky add right now. Maybe he's not fantasy relevant anymore but it seems like he might still have it after his TD last Thursday and if he's traded to a team with a top QB, he could be a solid second half WR. Particularly if he joins Aaron Rodgers in GB, Philip Rivers in IND, or returns to the Lions and rejoins Matt Stafford.

I feel like he's almost guaranteed to be traded (and likely won't cost more than a 6th/7th round pick)

If he's traded it's a longshot maybe to me. He's speculative for that reason and that reason alone and only in full point PPR. He did essentially nothing when Sterling Shepard was out so it's hard to feel too great.

6 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Devastating news in 24-team leagues.

(Just giving you a hard time thank you for posting a substantive update 😄)

Edited by vercrazy
  • Haha 1