AirForceOne

Devin Asiasi 2020 Outlook

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Kmet is behind Jimmy Graham.

Trautman is behind Jared Cook.

Asiasi is behind????

No one but rookie TEs still don't do much:

Fant and Hockenson were far better prospects and still were inconsistent TE2s at most

Then next year and beyond Asiasi will be behind the superior Keene if I had to guess

Its going to be a whole different team with Tom and Gronk gone. Who knows what happens with TE.

Yeah I don't pretend to know how this will all shake out, but I really like the talent of Asiasi. He has a chance to be on the field pretty often. Now Lacosse has also opted out.

I love grabbing this kid as my 3rd TE in FFPC best balls around the 24-27 Rd range, could be a nice profit.

Remember that year gronk was hurt and everyone was hyping that Also Gronk guy? 

I think he recorded MAYBE 3 catches on the season. 

That said, I'll probably watch list both this guy and Keene. I doubt either of them gonna rip out of the gate with 100 yards and a TD and then everyone bidding over each other to get em. 

It'll probably be a slow burn and when I see one of em routinely getting 5 targets a game I'll probably throw a couple bucks and hope I found something start able towards end of szn. 

Making lots of great plays at camp and running plenty with the 1s...hype train gonna fire up, get aboard.

Drumbeat keeps up:

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports Devin Asiasi's blocking has "really stood out." 

That's a critical nugget, as blocking is often a rookie playing time stumbling block for tight ends, particularly those like Asiasi who are pass catchers first. Asiasi has also been earning raves for his work as a receiver, and could actually enter Week 1 with enough snaps to make some noise. In a deep year for the tight end position, Asiasi is still little more than a bargain-basement TE2 flier.  

Source: The Athletic

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Drumbeat keeps up:

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports Devin Asiasi's blocking has "really stood out." 

That's a critical nugget, as blocking is often a rookie playing time stumbling block for tight ends, particularly those like Asiasi who are pass catchers first. Asiasi has also been earning raves for his work as a receiver, and could actually enter Week 1 with enough snaps to make some noise. In a deep year for the tight end position, Asiasi is still little more than a bargain-basement TE2 flier.  

Source: The Athletic

On the other hand, the Pats now have a line of TEs pretty much around down the hallway and out of the training grounds.
Also to note that last year the top 2 TEs in New England had 173 and 131 total yards each.

Not saying he can't be good, just let's not assume that a decent TE immediately gets a ton of targets in NE.