The Big Bat Theory

2020 COVID-19 Impacted Players & Coaches

43 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Lots of rumors swirling on Twitter the last few days tying the Marlins outbreak to a bunch of players going to a strip club in Atlanta. I’m not sure if it’s possible to fine players for these types of infractions, but if true there needs to be a message sent.

Thanks.  Yeah I mentioned the "gentleman clubbing" a few days ago was all over the internet too.  Now MLB officially confirms.  And it isn't lots of MLB people unhappy with those Miami players alone. Every single Miami player that did follow the protocols infected by those jerks are.  All other teams are.  And all of us fans are. 

Yeah there should be major punishments for those knuckleheads.  But probably isn't.  I guess teams will have to be satisfied with switching from Houston to Miami for the new villains to throw at.

I hope the chaperones take their job seriously.  But I'd feel better if they sent someone NOT associated with the team to guard the team.  Maybe clone a young Chuck Norris to oversee ever team and keep them in line. 

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks.  Yeah I mentioned the "gentleman clubbing" a few days ago was all over the internet too.  Now MLB officially confirms.  And it isn't lots of MLB people unhappy with those Miami players alone. Every single Miami player that did follow the protocols infected by those jerks are.  All other teams are.  And all of us fans are. 

Yeah there should be major punishments for those knuckleheads.  But probably isn't.  I guess teams will have to be satisfied with switching from Houston to Miami for the new villains to throw at.

I hope the chaperones take their job seriously.  But I'd feel better if they sent someone NOT associated with the team to guard the team.  Maybe clone a young Chuck Norris to oversee ever team and keep them in line. 

What’s the A-Team up to these days?

This is embarrassing for MLB, the first week of ball and the players can’t follow basic protocol. Players should absolutely be fined for going to strip clubs, high fiving, spitting etc. Now they need a compliance officer(babysitter) to make sure these adults can behave lol.

• Like 2

If another major league can pull off what MLB can't, I'll eat crow, but I don't think this is a problem individual to MLB. This is the reality of trying to have a schedule involving travel during a pandemic.

Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call to all MLB players that want to get paid to play this season.  Millions (or at least six figures) to lose over selfish indulgences. 

• Like 1

Sounding more and more like the fate of the season is hinging on the results of the Cardinals test results and this isn’t looking promising....

43 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Sounding more and more like the fate of the season is hinging on the results of the Cardinals test results and this isn’t looking promising....

DamnIT. I want to watch baseball. Last night I got to watch Yankees vs the Red Sox.  👏 Yankees won. 

Let the guys play no matter if they test positive. Selfish yes but hey I want baseball. 

45 minutes ago, meh2 said:

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in the way baseball is handling these Covid cases.  Why is it that when Soto tested positive on Opening Day the Nationals kept playing without missing any games and yet when two Phillies staffers (and zero players) tested positive, the Phillies had all their games this week cancelled?  Is it because MLB was worried that more Phillies than those got it from the Marlins but hadn't tested positive yet because of the incubation period?  And then when the Cardinals have two players test positive, MLB only cancels Friday's game and is still hoping to play the rest of the series?

Rosenthal saying between 4-6 positives for Cards...

😢

1 minute ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Rosenthal saying between 4-6 positives for Cards...

😢

They played the twins last. Wonder how that's going to impact things.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

They played the twins last. Wonder how that's going to impact things.

They’re gonna shut this thing down, right?

REALLY REALLY sucks 

1 minute ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

They’re gonna shut this thing down, right?

REALLY REALLY sucks 

I don't think is the last straw, but each outbreak brings us closer to the edge. Baseball's season is definitely teetering.

Maybe we can see Carlson....Pretty please 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Yeah I'd be furious too.  If i was a player I'd forget about Houston players at this point and want a piece of those original core Marlins and Cards players instead.  Also their managers for not having control of their teams.  They can't fire players but they could fire a manager or two.  Maybe that would wake up these idiots some.  They are destroying their own livelihoods and the livelihoods of all other players in baseball.  They don't need a "compliance officer" at this point.  They need everything from nannys to private security police and locks on hotel doors that lock from the outside to lock these bozos in at night.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah I'd be furious too.  If i was a player I'd forget about Houston players at this point and want a piece of those original core Marlins and Cards players instead.  Also their managers for not having control of their teams.  They can't fire players but they could fire a manager or two.  Maybe that would wake up these idiots some.  They are destroying their own livelihoods and the livelihoods of all other players in baseball.  They don't need a "compliance officer" at this point.  They need everything from nannys to private security police and locks on hotel doors that lock from the outside to lock these bozos in at night.

No use locking them in. If they leave the grounds it should be considered as opting out for the season. You want to walk about with reckless abandon, fine, but not when you jeopardize an entire clubhouse. See you in 2021. 

• Like 5

Jared Diamond of the Wall Street Journal reports only one additional Cardinals player tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday.

That's something close to a best-case scenario after it was reported earlier Saturday that "several" members of the organization had tested positive. It seems that most of those are staff or other personnel, which could help get the club back on the field sooner than later. Of course, exposure to those positive staff members may also keep things on hold, so it's all up in the air at this point. For now, only Saturday's game against the Brewers has been postponed.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Well the solution is in the rules:

7.03 Forfeited Games(a)
A game may be forfeited to the opposing team when a team:
(1) Fails to appear upon the field, or being upon the field,

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Let us hope there is a stay of execution but yeah this season is definitely sitting on Death Row and the Players Association can't whine about things if the season gets terminated.  It is on their members entirely.  They always say baseball players police themselves.  Well they haven't done it this time around.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Lo Cain has opted out of 'remaining' season.

I’m betting this kicks off a trend until the season is eventually cancelled