Ddam2013

OBJ v Cooper PPR Dynasty trade WHIR

PPR dynasty league with really shallow rosters (can only roster 4 WRs), I was offered Nuk and pick 20 for OBJ/Cooper and Carson and I am unsure which version to accept.

My current 4 WRs are Hill, Godwin, Cooper, OBJ so the one I keep would be my WR4. I am leaning towards keeping OBJ because I feel his upside is higher.

As always WHIR.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, Ddam2013 said:

PPR dynasty league with really shallow rosters (can only roster 4 WRs), I was offered Nuk and pick 20 for OBJ/Cooper and Carson and I am unsure which version to accept.

My current 4 WRs are Hill, Godwin, Cooper, OBJ so the one I keep would be my WR4. I am leaning towards keeping OBJ because I feel his upside is higher.

As always WHIR.

Both Cooper and OBJ are highly volatile, but I have some more faith in Cooper. That offense seems to have really come together, and I think the addition of new weapons (CeeDee Lamb) will only help him.

I keep Amari Cooper over OBJ.

• Like 1

iwould get rid of obj easily after his trash year last year and he has not been bigtime since 2016. 

2 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

iwould get rid of obj easily after his trash year last year and he has not been bigtime since 2016. 

In Half PPR on a PPG basis:

2018: WR6

2017 (small sample size due to season ending injury): WR3

Only in 2019 was he not big time

On 7/7/2020 at 8:54 PM, Boudewijn said:

Both Cooper and OBJ are highly volatile, but I have some more faith in Cooper. That offense seems to have really come together, and I think the addition of new weapons (CeeDee Lamb) will only help him.

I keep Amari Cooper over OBJ.

Agree with this.  Although it wouldn't surprise me if OBJ ends up doing better.  

Comparing these two is incredibly tough given the injuries from OBJ and the team switching by both.

I lean toward Cooper though.  He and Dak have good chemistry, they have a good offense, and an average defense.

OBJ hasn't even established himself with Baker.  Landry looks like the better target so far. 

• Like 1

I think the big thing is this is your 4th WR and we know the ceiling of good form of OBJ is higher than Cooper so I would be keeping OBJ. Cooper does have chemistry with Dak but does share targets with Gallup and Lamb plus Zeke really is still the focal point of this offence. Just think this makes his ceiling somewhat capped. He also doesn’t play well away from home especially if it’s an outdoor stadium or adverse conditions. Even though Stefanski was part of a run heavy scheme in Minnesota they did support two high end receivers in Diggs and Thielen so don’t see that being an issue. The other thing, Kitchens didn’t do Mayfield or OBJ any favours last season with pretty inept playcalling. Even though I like Amari this is OBJ easily for me