ST. STEVEN

Lamical Perine 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No he was never placed there.

Had an ankle injury (not a high sprain) in a Sat scrimmage 2 weeks prior to season. He should be good in 1-2 weeks, and is def the best back they have right now.

But yeah, Gase and a bad situation...this is deep dive stuff only.

Any chance Gase just tries to get Perine 30 touches a game to prove how much of a genius he is?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Any chance Gase just tries to get Perine 30 touches a game to prove how much of a genius he is?

this guy gets it 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

& they just signed Ballage 

Grab him while you can.

• Haha 1

They did sign Ballage (🤢)

But interestingly they did send Josh Adams back down to the P-squad, might signal that Perine will return to practice? Guess we'll see...

I have to think he would step back into 30% share of carries and full-time passing down work...on a team that will be trailing a ton.

In deep leagues (14/16 team PPR) it is enough to move that needle a tad, despite the obv warts of the situation (crazy🤪 Gase)...

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

They did sign Ballage (🤢)

But interestingly they did send Josh Adams back down to the P-squad, might signal that Perine will return to practice? Guess we'll see...

I have to think he would step back into 30% share of carries and full-time passing down work...on a team that will be trailing a ton.

In deep leagues (14/16 team PPR) it is enough to move that needle a tad, despite the obv warts of the situation (crazy🤪 Gase)...

With this year's rule, Josh Adams can be called into the main squad during gameday. It was like that as well during week 1... In fact, Adams got the TD plunge over Gore during the game (????) who knows what that "boy genius" Gase is thinking

Supposedly practicing today and likely to be active.

Darnold said "He has big play written all over him, so if he's healthy we're looking to get him involved and seeing what he can do with the ball in his hands".....

• Like 2

This man has a spectacular name. I have nothing else to add but I hope he's successful just for the name alone. 

Also Adam Gase is a damn idiot and an awful coach. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Supposedly practicing today and likely to be active.

Darnold said "He has big play written all over him, so if he's healthy we're looking to get him involved and seeing what he can do with the ball in his hands".....

Thoughts on picking him up as a stash? Will Gase try to get him involved this week, to show they don't need Bell? 

13 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Thoughts on picking him up as a stash? Will Gase try to get him involved this week, to show they don't need Bell? 

Nah, if anything they will probably give Old Man Gore 15 carries and spell him with Josh Adams and Kalen Ballage.  The Jets' backfield is just too crowded.

Edited by sjm76
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarinB300 said:

I've stashed him for now.  There's nothing about this Jets O to get excited about though.  For this week, I'd love to see him A.) Make the active roster and B.) Get some opportunities on the field.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sits again though.  I missed on all the week 1 rb waiver adds and this guy is my hail mary.  If Pernine is to make his mark, he most likely will have to do it before Bell returns, though he's coming off injury and probably at the end of backfield rotation because of it.  He's a longshot, but you never know...  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I've stashed him for now.  There's nothing about this Jets O to get excited about though.  For this week, I'd love to see him A.) Make the active roster and B.) Get some opportunities on the field.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sits again though.  I missed on all the week 1 rb waiver adds and this guy is my hail mary.  If Pernine is to make his mark, he most likely will have to do it before Bell returns, though he's coming off injury and probably at the end of backfield rotation because of it.  He's a longshot, but you never know...  

giphy.gif

Agree. Maybe, just maybe he has a game, especially with Crowder now out this week. Gonna stash & see. GL!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarinB300 said:

Like always it depends on the league size and your roster. I have stashed in my 14 team dynasty and a few other 16 team PPRs...

He was pretty impressive in camp, and has some solid pass game chops. The team and esp coach are meh, but with essentially just Gore (right now) odds seem pretty solid that he can garner some carries and catches right off the jump. Who knows, maybe he overcomes and does some stuff?

• Like 2

For those of you who like to try to play the game "beat the waiver wire," if you have a space for this guy it's time to grab him.  He has a very reasonable path to relevancy if he can play at all and he's also the player whose first name sounds most like an adjective, which is always a plus.  Gase would like nothing more than to give this guy 15-20 touches a game IMO.

• Like 3

Any Jets' fans here with their ears to the local beat? Are we anticipating him getting more opportunities and eating into Gore's workload?

He seemed to have a good performance, albeit very limited, in his first action of the season. 

The problem is that Lev Bell will be back in a couple of weeks which will kill the long term value of this guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Any Jets' fans here with their ears to the local beat? Are we anticipating him getting more opportunities and eating into Gore's workload?

He seemed to have a good performance, albeit very limited, in his first action of the season. 

As a Jets Fan I've been anticipating this as Perine gets healthy -- Le'Veon owners who may have been forced to pick up Gore might want to make the proactive add.

I'm considering it at this very moment.

• Thanks 1

I picked up Perine yesterday. It seems like he has a good chance to have some opportunity sometime in the near future. 4th round pick, Gase hates Bell, ole man Gore in front of him, and Perine did ok with t he limited work he got last week. Let's hope Perine gets some more chances this Sunday! 

On 7/15/2020 at 10:36 AM, KennyWoo said:

The best thing this guy has going for him, in order:

1.  The Bell contract was buffoonish and the Jets will probably want to get out of it in 2021.
2.  Gase doesn't like Bell or the signing, making it even more likely that Bell will be jettisoned.
3.  Bell could quit on his team at any time.  I know he played very hard last season and showed good character, but he does have a bit of a history with this sort of thing.  (But Gore is there regardless.)
4.  Perine looks like a three-down back, although perhaps not a great one.  He is very likely be a good passing-down player,

Most of these cut in favor of Perine being a good dynasty flier.  I have him in two leagues.  (He tends to be cheap, kind of around pick #35-#40 in rookie drafts.)  However, few of these make it likely he'll get much run in 2020.  

On 9/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, KennyWoo said:

I have no idea if this guy is very good or not but monitor this situation with Bell to IR.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, KennyWoo said:

For those of you who like to try to play the game "beat the waiver wire," if you have a space for this guy it's time to grab him.  He has a very reasonable path to relevancy if he can play at all and he's also the player whose first name sounds most like an adjective, which is always a plus.  Gase would like nothing more than to give this guy 15-20 touches a game IMO.

You have been warned many times.  If you want to play "beat the waiver wire" for Week 4 you should add this guy now.  He could very well be Flavor of the Week come next Tuesday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems to be at least NY Jest beat writers have taken Gase's comment to get RB's involved means we will see more of Perine. Hope it's true.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:36 AM, egolam said:

lamical means the friendly in french. Useless but I thought i'd share it anyway !

C'est vrai, ca, but with the missing apostrophe in a different place (L'Amical). It sounds more like a female hygiene cream to me btw.

• Like 1