ST. STEVEN

Lamical Perine 2020 Outlook

I understand the "beat the waiver wire" mentality but ... we're still talking about the Jets. And a crowded backfield. No?

1 hour ago, Cord said:

I understand the "beat the waiver wire" mentality but ... we're still talking about the Jets. And a crowded backfield. No?

Yes same ole Jets, however with the nightmare that is the RB position especially this year with many being injured, just about every RB with a pulse is going to be treated by lots of owners as a potential lotto ticket.

The Jets certainly are a mess to say the least, but anything could happen. I'm not a fan of Gase and who knows how much he'll keep feeding Gore the ball as opposed to Perine, then Bell will back at some point also. Hard to say how they plan to utilize him 

Seems like stars would have to align perfectly for Perine to be a big deal this season. However with how many RBs that have already been snatched up with all the injuries, Perine could still be a decent add and stash I guess if one has a rsoter spot for him. Especially for some owners who might be caught with their pants down when their RBs bye weeks come. 

• Like 1

Extraordinary, moves like Sanders (Barry)
Speed to burn baby, all of the time
You dare not fade me, at least bench stash me
If dropped acquire me, all of the time

Here comes the highstepper, murderer
I'm the Lamical gangster, murderer
Coach Gase calls my number, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

Adam Gase is an incompetent douche. He will give Gore 15-20 touches a game right up until he is fired, either in the middle of the season or as soon as week 17 is over. I would advise staying far away from any players he coaches. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Lol I can’t jump on board with you. Watched him in the SEC, and I never came away super impressed. He doesn’t have moves anything like Barry, and he’s not all that fast. He has enough speed, but not speed to burn. 

I just don’t see a path to fantasy relevance here, and Gase is his coach. 

Apparently this guy isn't gonna get the ball very much and now Ballage is getting some touches too! I picked him up as a stash but looking elsewhere now, 

Posted (edited)

Add in Bell is back next week...time to drop now if you did not earlier this week.

Edited by pdizzle710

10 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

Add in Bell is back next week...time to drop now if you did not earlier this week.

I really never understood the hype here. You have arguably the worst team in football, he was buried on the depth chart, had an underwhelming college career and combine, and you have a relatively minor injury to Bell where it looks like he'll be back next week. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I really never understood the hype here. You have arguably the worst team in football, he was buried on the depth chart, had an underwhelming college career and combine, and you have a relatively minor injury to Bell where it looks like he'll be back next week. 

The biggest kicker is his Head Coach is Adam Gase.

Edited by pdizzle710
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 10:36 AM, KennyWoo said:

The best thing this guy has going for him, in order:

1.  The Bell contract was buffoonish and the Jets will probably want to get out of it in 2021.
2.  Gase doesn't like Bell or the signing, making it even more likely that Bell will be jettisoned.
3.  Bell could quit on his team at any time.  I know he played very hard last season and showed good character, but he does have a bit of a history with this sort of thing.  (But Gore is there regardless.)
4.  Perine looks like a three-down back, although perhaps not a great one.  He is very likely be a good passing-down player,

Most of these cut in favor of Perine being a good dynasty flier.  I have him in two leagues.  (He tends to be cheap, kind of around pick #35-#40 in rookie drafts.)  However, few of these make it likely he'll get much run in 2020.  

On 9/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, KennyWoo said:

I have no idea if this guy is very good or not but monitor this situation with Bell to IR.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, KennyWoo said:

For those of you who like to try to play the game "beat the waiver wire," if you have a space for this guy it's time to grab him.  He has a very reasonable path to relevancy if he can play at all and he's also the player whose first name sounds most like an adjective, which is always a plus.  Gase would like nothing more than to give this guy 15-20 touches a game IMO.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:03 PM, KennyWoo said:

You have been warned many times.  If you want to play "beat the waiver wire" for Week 4 you should add this guy now.  He could very well be Flavor of the Week come next Tuesday.  

On 9/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, KennyWoo said:

As you'll see above, I've been touting Perine as a speculative add in the event Gase pulls the plug on Bell (or vice versa).  Earlier it looked like that may happen because of injury (real or phantom).  Now Bell is supposedly being shopped (good luck).  Either way - and again with the caveat that we have no idea if Perine can play - this is an interesting stash.  Presumably the tanking Jets aren't planning to "see what they have in" Gore, who is an aging, known commodity.  They might as well see what they have here with Perine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

As you'll see above, I've been touting Perine as a speculative add in the event Gase pulls the plug on Bell (or vice versa).  Earlier it looked like that may happen because of injury (real or phantom).  Now Bell is supposedly being shopped (good luck).  Either way - and again with the caveat that we have no idea if Perine can play - this is an interesting stash.  Presumably the tanking Jets aren't planning to "see what they have in" Gore, who is an aging, known commodity.  They might as well see what they have here with Perine.

What you've bolded is my concern. The guy's never done anything at any level, nor athletically, to suggest he's gonna be good. Any any RB in that offense takes a huge hit simply because the team is so bad. I'd be wary of a college phenom in that backfield, let alone a guy who's been extremely ordinary.

• Like 2

I still don't see him as a great stash with Bell gone for 3 reasons. 1) Completely unproven rookie. 2) Guaranteed timeshare with Gore at best 3) Still part of the Jets offense. In the present moment, he is a worse talent than Bell and he will end up in a worse timeshare compared to Bell almost assuredly -- I just don't see a bench breakout happening from this guy this particular year.

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Presumably the tanking Jets aren't planning to "see what they have in" Gore, who is an aging, known commodity.  They might as well see what they have here with Perine.

You would think that.  Any reasonable fantasy owner would.  Most real life GMs and Coaches would.  But let me tell you about the New York Jets.......

• Thanks 1

If you have deep benches he's worth a stash, but most likely he's still going to be splitting carries with Gore and the Jets are still a garbage team.

I wouldn't expect better than low-end Flex/RB3 numbers from him.

Perhaps Williams will use him more in a week or two when he is head coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Perhaps Williams will use him more in a week or two when he is head coach.

Gase will be the head coach till the end of the year. He outlasted 2 coaches and 1 GM, whose teams were way better than the Jets

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Gase will be the head coach till the end of the year. He outlasted 2 coaches and 1 GM, whose teams were way better than the Jets

I understand all the concerns but if you can get this guy on spec for virtually nothing keep in mind he caught a ton of balls his last year at Florida and he could be in line for passing game work on a team that will routinely be down two touchdowns-plus for at least half the game.

• Like 1

According to his BSPN page, Gase stated that Perine is gonna have a larger role. So does that mean 4 more carries? Hopefully we will gain more clarity this week of practice. 

17 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Technically 2 head coaches and 2 GMs

I saw a clip that Flacco said Perine is ready to handle the work and is explosive. I am curious how this goes. I can not trust Gase. 

• Like 1

Is Perine a good pass catcher? Does anyone know? 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story