Wrapped up my initial draft in a 16 team dynasty a few weeks ago and have made 1 trade and two small WW additions since.  Do you guys think that I am in an okay spot with Lock or would you try to upgrade?

Or, is RB3 a bigger concern and should I be looking there instead?

Roster:

1st year / 0.5 PPR  

QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-WRT-K-P-DL-DL-DL-LB-LB-DB-DB

QB Drew Lock, Jacob Eason

RB Joe Mixon, Miles Sanders, Rashad Penny, Jerick McKinnon, Darrynton Evans, Lynn Bowden, Michael Warren II

WR AJ Brown, DJ Chark, TY Hilton, Golden Tate, Tee Higgins, Andy Isabella, Greg Ward, Antonio Gandy-Golden

TE Mike Gesicki, Eric Ebron

Josh Lambo      

DL Grady Jarrett, Maxx Crosby, Justin Simmons

LB Jayon Brown, Matt Milano, Logan Wilson

DB Anthony Harris, Justin Reid, Ronnie Harrison           

To be honest, I think you need help everywhere, but yes, I would concentrate on QB and RB.

Your WR corps is clearly the strongest part; but in .5 PPR RBs are still more important. I don't really think this is the best time for you to trade because most of your guys won't have a lot of brand value, but you could try shopping around Chark and see if you can get some upgrade deal going. However, you could also see the first couple games of the season first and see where the real value is.

• Like 1

Lock is a good #1 starting QB for ya! But need to upgrade over Eason who's never played an NFL down. Throw some offers around GL. 

• Like 1

Great Team for a 16 teamer. Gotta hope Lock stays upright and eason takes the starting role or youll have a 0 during the bye week

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Definitely, need a QB...I like Lock but he is more a QB2  

Edited by hockeyfan77
  • Like 1

Pretty good side for a 16 team league. I think your RB3  most urgent spot. Have no depth there if you’re top 2 guys get injured and obviously during bye weeks. Not sure who you could trade though - ty hilton perhaps given might only have a few good seasons left but probably doesn’t have as much value in dynasty.

For QB is there anything on waivers that may have a chance of starting later in the season? Like a seasoned free agent such as Andy Dalton. If there is I’d still keep Eason and drop Greg Ward.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:02 AM, Black_Panther said:

Pretty good side for a 16 team league. I think your RB3  most urgent spot. Have no depth there if you’re top 2 guys get injured and obviously during bye weeks. Not sure who you could trade though - ty hilton perhaps given might only have a few good seasons left but probably doesn’t have as much value in dynasty.

For QB is there anything on waivers that may have a chance of starting later in the season? Like a seasoned free agent such as Andy Dalton. If there is I’d still keep Eason and drop Greg Ward.

Unfortunately, no.  There was a random run of a ton of QB right in the spot where I didn’t pick for like 25 picks 😂 so I ended up just using a last round pick on season for a future use and thought I could probably trade for a QB2 once the first round of waivers settled and people wanted to start making moves.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, Boudewijn said:

To be honest, I think you need help everywhere, but yes, I would concentrate on QB and RB.

Your WR corps is clearly the strongest part; but in .5 PPR RBs are still more important. I don't really think this is the best time for you to trade because most of your guys won't have a lot of brand value, but you could try shopping around Chark and see if you can get some upgrade deal going. However, you could also see the first couple games of the season first and see where the real value is.

Thanks.  I really like my starting lineup a lot but have no depth 

20 minutes ago, apap414 said:

Thanks.  I really like my starting lineup a lot but have no depth 

Yes. BTW I looked back and I think I was too harsh. Given that this is the first year in your new dynasty, I think your team is fine, nothing wrong with it, should be competitive.
I don't play 16-team but I do play several 14-team, and if I had this team in redraft, I think that's a workable team. As you say, that starting lineup is pretty good except for the QBs.

So I take back what I said earlier: in your 16-team startup dynasty that's a quite nice team and a decent start, plenty of young kids too. Good luck :) 

• Like 1