AlexxelA

Will Yahoo let you...

hope this is the right place - 

12 team league Yahoo, looking for ways to make experience better

I always hated scoring 150 but losing to someone who scored slightly higher, all the while your 150 pts was actually 2nd best in the whole league

you have teams scoring 100 pts getting the W b/c they played someone who scored 91...

Wanting to make it more fair, but so far all i can find is "H2H" or "Points league" 

Any hope to do this?

I'm not sure what you want to do, do you want to assign points according to the weekly ranking?

Just remember that "fair" and "unfair" are entirely subjective terms. Also, the fantasy gods are fickle and will always find a way to screw you. I feel it's best to just accept this; the more you complain, the more joy they have ;)

Seriously though, in terms of "more enjoyment", I have 2 arguments in favor of H1H:

- it's also how the real NFL works. If the Pats lose 42-45 and the Vikings win 7-6, the Bikes still get the W and tough cookies for the Pats

- in a H2H league, you have 6 winners every week (assuming 12 team). In a points league, only one team can have the most points in a week. Surely in terms of "player experience" H2H would be more fun to more people every week?

2 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

hope this is the right place - 

12 team league Yahoo, looking for ways to make experience better

I always hated scoring 150 but losing to someone who scored slightly higher, all the while your 150 pts was actually 2nd best in the whole league

you have teams scoring 100 pts getting the W b/c they played someone who scored 91...

Wanting to make it more fair, but so far all i can find is "H2H" or "Points league" 

Any hope to do this?

I was in a league that every team play every team each week...It was on CBS though, yahoo does not allow you to do this

Start with one league and then once everyone has drafted, create 11 other leagues with the exact same teams/settings but manually set the schedules so that at the end of the season, everyone has played everyone else each week.

Actually, now that I think about it, you'd need to set up a lot more than 11.   I don't know the exact math but it would be somewhere between 120 and 154 assuming a 14 game regular season.   I think it would be some kind of permutation equation to determine the amount. 

i had a team last year that had saquon mark ingram mike evans dj chark darren waller gallup dak prescott and damien williams last year that missed playoffs. i scored most points in league and ended up 7th. Every week i would score like a top 4 score and lose to the team that went off for the week. It was so frustrating.

To be fair i had a junky team a few years ago that ended up winning the whole thing when i had no right being in playoffs after blowing 50 on jordy in his last packers year when a rod got injured he was worthless as you will all recll. i also spent 25 on pryor the redskin that was a waste.Only smart purchase i made that year that i recall was ertz and hunt rookie year after ware went down. 

So it looks like no way to do this i guess.  We will probably just do h2h, b/c points wouldnt be quite as "fun"

Posted (edited)

you dont like the h2h randomness each week then just have the $$$ cash out more in favor of the top pts scored. so if you do miss playoffs and have most points on the year you get a nice piece of the pot

or have weekly high score get some money

Edited by colepenhagen

22 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

So it looks like no way to do this i guess.  We will probably just do h2h, b/c points wouldnt be quite as "fun"

There definitely are things you can do that help.  If you have divisions, remove them.  Also, make sure your tiebreaker to get into the playoffs is total points.  I'm pretty sure the default is something else ,and you don't want this.  It rewards someone who puts together good rosters but has crappy matchup luck.