urban2014

Jordan Reed 2020 Outlook

Yes, he is trying to come back. Not a good idea. But if he wants to play and get another concussion, it’s his right 

Far be it from anyone other than a man himself to say he's done doing what he loves............but how could any team feel safe even bringing him in?.   

9 minutes ago, WaiverWireGuru said:

Kittle hurt...  sneaky pick up?  heard he has looked good in practice...

Naw, let it go, let Reed go.

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Naw, let it go, let Reed go.

meh. i own Kittle and TE is barren on waivers in that league. If he can't go I'll probably grab Reed as a replacement. He'll give something between "concussed in the first quarter" and 20 points. 

40 minutes ago, yossarian said:

meh. i own Kittle and TE is barren on waivers in that league. If he can't go I'll probably grab Reed as a replacement. He'll give something between "concussed in the first quarter" and 20 points. 

Lol 20 points

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BadMoon said:

Why is no one talking about this guy's monster performance?? 

There's a good chance Kittle returns next week and takes all of his targets back. On top of that he's just one bad hit away from...retirement, basically. On top of THAT he'll have the backup QB throwing to him for at least the next 2 weeks (not that Jimmy G was Joe Montana, mind you). 

On the other hand he's always produced when he's managed to stay on the field and there's not really anybody else standing for the SF offense. Even once Kittle returns he might still get targets just because there's nobody else left at this point. 

6 hours ago, yossarian said:

Even once Kittle returns he might still get targets just because there's nobody else left at this point. 

This is so true.  I'll slot Kittle back into my lineup and Reed will go to my bench, but he definitely has flex value going forward if he's healthy.  Mullens isn't a bad QB.

shhhhhhh.  with all of the rbs going down, reed has quietly slipped through this weeks ww claims.  i know everyone was assuming kittle would be back this week, but....

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan hinted that “concerns about the MetLife Stadium surface” could play a role in whether George Kittle (knee) returns this week.

The 49ers lost five players to injuries playing the Jets at MetLife last week. That may be enough for them to hold out Kittle, who’s trying to play through a bone bruise.  Jordan Reed posted a 7/50/2 on eight targets filling in for Kittle and would make another start if he sits.

6 hours ago, herschel said:

shhhhhhh.  with all of the rbs going down, reed has quietly slipped through this weeks ww claims.  i know everyone was assuming kittle would be back this week, but....

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan hinted that “concerns about the MetLife Stadium surface” could play a role in whether George Kittle (knee) returns this week.

The 49ers lost five players to injuries playing the Jets at MetLife last week. That may be enough for them to hold out Kittle, who’s trying to play through a bone bruise.  Jordan Reed posted a 7/50/2 on eight targets filling in for Kittle and would make another start if he sits.

I wish he would make the damn call so I can move Kittle to IR, Reed to TE again and pick somebody up!  I hate this "I'll think about it" crap.

12 minutes ago, herschel said:

is he a must start if kittle doesnt play?

I think so. Wondering if he has his own value even with Kittle 

Mullens a complete unknown however 

I feel he has stand-alone value since he is the only “healthy” pass catcher in the team

19 minutes ago, midlip said:

Mullens a complete unknown however 

He played 8 games in 2018 and was average to above average in 4 of them.  I wouldn't say he's a complete unknown.  We know he has a 300 yard game and a 400 yard game to go along with 2 3TD games.  In the games he started Kittle had 3 100 + yard games with one of those being 200+.  Just sayin...we have some information.

There is significant upside brewing here season long imo.

He has been my last pick in most leagues this year with the idea he could be Shanahan's brilliant solution to the big slot he wants in this offense. They have been trying to materialize this role last few years drafting Jalen Hurd and Jauan Jennings.

Furthermore, it all makes too much sense regarding Reed's history of concussions to keep him away from blocking and hits as much as possible and let him eat in the slot on third downs and in the red zone, where he always has been elite and still seems to be. He's better than slot WR Trent Taylor on third downs and their best receiving weapon in the redzone, Kittle included. I remember reading a beat writer mentioning during camp that watching Reed this summer had made him realize RZ is an area where Kittle still has a lot to learn. Reed was also reported to be the best and most consistent pass catcher in camp not named Kittle.

Slot WR and main RZ weapon for an offense of this caliber, "disguised" as a TE for fantasy? Money. With how the TE position looks every year, this upside is well worth a bench stash for a little while longer to see if it materializes.

If you are concerned about snap rates thus far (I kinda was after week one), this Shanahan quote from today had me confident Reed's involvement will keep going up:

Jordan was just taking time getting into our offense and stuff and the late start and he had a couple setbacks in camp too, when he started to get going. He wasn’t quite ready to be thrown out there that much and he wasn’t quite needed to right away. He was needed to a little bit more last week as he got better. We’ll see if Kittle comes back and how much that changes, but I know health-wise and mentality-wise, he was ready for what he did last week and he had no setbacks.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/9/24/21453123/49ers-shanahan-on-mckinnons-workload-i-know-jet-is-up-for-the-challenge

Edited by Alconbury

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Kittle ruled OUT. TE1 this week?

source? I see him as a game-time decision 

27 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Kittle ruled OUT. TE1 this week?

I think so. I am rolling him out in two leagues. My only concern is Mullens at QB. Any hesitation there? 

Just now, stevieglick said:

I think so. I am rolling him out in two leagues. My only concern is Mullens at QB. Any hesitation there? 

there's always a little bit of hesitation because of the history of concussions but as has been mentioned previously, Mullens has put up numbers before. On top of that...who else is he going to throw to? There's almost nobody else left standing.