Rotoworld.com Forums

Jordan Reed 2020 Outlook

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t believe I’m starting Jordan Reed tonight. I can’t believe Jordan Reed is still a thing. I feel like the fantasy gods are looking down, shaking their collective heads at me in disappointment. H

Understatement of the century.

Schefter reporting that he won’t be limited, but that he will be injured.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, Lamont Sanford said:

I can’t believe I’m starting Jordan Reed tonight. I can’t believe Jordan Reed is still a thing. I feel like the fantasy gods are looking down, shaking their collective heads at me in disappointment. Have I learned nothing?

I’ve come to bow my head in shame before thee, my lords. For ‘tis true, nothing have I learned. 

18 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

Welp lol that was fun. He didn’t even play 10 snaps. I think it was 5.

the good news is he was targeted on 40% of his routes run 🙃

I can’t imagine he plays that little moving forward. He’ll never play a ton but I’m OK with him getting half the snaps and running 15-20 routes.

not sure why they didn’t use him in the RZ at the very least

First game back from IR, SF will run lots of 2 TE sets going forward. Bigger games coming!

29 minutes ago, herschel said:

anyone hanging on here?  think he gets more snaps after his first game back or is dwelley the te to own in sf (or neither)?

I really want to start him over Jonnu on TNF but I’ve no idea how much he’ll play.  Beat writers indicate he should see more run than last week, but that’s not saying much given he played all of like 20 snaps last week. 

1 hour ago, herschel said:

anyone hanging on here?  think he gets more snaps after his first game back or is dwelley the te to own in sf (or neither)?

I guarantee he'll play more this upcoming week. The question is how much. Prior to injury he was the clear lead dog. How much that matters now is TBD. I'm holding to see how things play out.

Low floor, high ceiling play.

I wouldn't start him this week, but if they play him and he's healthy, the sky is always the limit with him. He's always been great, just made of glass. I'm starting Hooper over him, but I could see that changing if he plays well this week. Injury risk is maximum, but he's still got skills, hopefully he gets more routes and catches this week and stays healthy. I'm not betting on it yet though, he's the end of my bench

Edited by zorndogs

so this week was a disaster for the 49es offense but he secretly had 6 targets with 5 catches for 62 yards. That's pretty damn good given how much of a disaster the TE position has been this season. Also this was his first full game back with no restrictions since his injury I think.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Evilbooyaa said:

Yes. Not a bad match-up for him either in a game the 49ers will be forced to throw due to the potency of Rams offense, against a team with very good corners (generally covering WRs).

Tempted.

Kittle roasted the LAR earlier this season (although Reed is no Kittle).

Also, since LAR corners are so good, TEs and RBs have a much higher target share.

With the TE wasteland this year whats the risk of rolling him out? His odds of putting up a dud game are about the same as anyone outside of kelce. I’m rolling him out after the target share last game. Coming off a bye especially. These two teams know each other well. If he stays healthy I think he has a decent game.

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Also, since LAR corners are so good, TEs and RBs have a much higher target share.

The highest in the league!

Reed goes against a Rams Defense that’s been brutal against opposing wideouts, forcing opponents to pepper tight ends and running backs with passes. No team has allowed a smaller target share to wide receivers this year. Tight ends, meanwhile, have seen 24.71 percent of the targets against LA this season, the highest rate in the league through Week 11.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/target-decoder/jordan-reeds-week-12-upside

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As somebody dealing with the fallout of losing kittle I dropped logan thomas to pick him up and start him this week and as long as his body holds up I'll probably keep starting him. As mentioned previously, given how well most TEs not named kelce have preformed you really don't have much to lose.