Magoo

What to expect when a ballplayer's wife is expecting

Feel free to add to this list:

1) Trout - August sometime

2) Bryan Reynolds - September?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Zack Wheeler.  Old blurb:

Zack Wheeler -- whose wife is due to give birth to their first child later this month -- admitted Sunday that he's unsure whether he will play this season after the baby is born.

Either way, Wheeler will miss at least two starts once his wife gives birth, as he must go through the intake process again, etc. It sounds like it's possible, though, that he might elect to not come back at all this year. The pitcher added that while he feels comfortable about playing right now, he's always thinking about whether playing is the right thing to do.

Source: Matt Gelb on Twitter         Jul 5, 2020, 12:29 PM ET

Also MIL utility guy Brock Holt said he'd consider opting out if he had a multi-year contract because his wife is expecting but doesn't have that option so he is staying away from her to keep her safe for the next three months.  He fears if he opted out this season his career could be over.  A number of fringe players are in that quandary right now.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Ladies and Gentlemen .. and the nominees for the best title of a sports related thread .. may I have the envelope please?

WINNER

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Magoo said:

Due date? I feel dirty focusing on this stuff but it’s insanely relevant.

No idea; I looked for other articles or mentions of it and couldn't find anything Just happened to read that article earlier yesterday...

• Like 1

It is fantasy relevant, or at least can be.  Jose Ramirez, I believe, linked being a new father to his early struggles last year.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Ladies and Gentlemen .. and the nominees for the best title of a sports related thread .. may I have the envelope please?

WINNER

That was a good one. 

What to expect when a ballplayer's wife is expecting

I guess we could expect an invitation to the baby shower as well?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Keep an eye on Diego Castillo this week; he's an early test-case for how impactful this could be. It sounds like they're currently only expecting him to miss a few days.