theSPANKER

NFL Players Association reveals 72 players test positive for COVID-19

11 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

This is the approach most institutions are taking.  They are playing for time.  From the NFL's point of view the situation could change between now and September, so why cancel the season too early? 

The "lack of a plan" criticism seems to be a popular one for all organizations.  The reality is outside of large organizations that should have multiple actionable plans to address a pandemic (WHO, CDC, DHS/FEMA) all are just going to play for time along with implementing some biosecurity theater to make people feel safe.  

The longer they wait to cancel the season, the more people will be pissed when they do cancel the season. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

This is the approach most institutions are taking.  They are playing for time.  From the NFL's point of view the situation could change between now and September, so why cancel the season too early? 

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

The longer they wait to cancel the season, the more people will be pissed when they do cancel the season. 

Imagine the opposite scenario.  If the NFL cancelled the season too early, and some therapeutic drug became available that was a "game changer", how angry would people be?

The likelihood of that is near zero, but cancelling the season is the worst case scenario for the NFL, so playing for time and observing the UFC, MLB and NBA is what makes sense for them.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Brandon Bolden opted out?

I thought that guy was at least 90% cockroach.

Lot of cockroaches on the Pats these days, it seems.

5 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Imagine the opposite scenario.  If the NFL cancelled the season too early, and some therapeutic drug became available that was a "game changer", how angry would people be?

The likelihood of that is near zero, but cancelling the season is the worst case scenario for the NFL, so playing for time and observing the UFC, MLB and NBA is what makes sense for them.

It would be easy for them to just restart the season though...with all the money at stake they can figure it out. 

easier to work refunds and such earlier rather than later. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:06 PM, theSPANKER said:
37 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Devin Funchess opts out

awe man! 

Patrick Mahomes opts out

10 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Patrick Mahomes opts out

That is just not okay to joke about

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Starting to get real!  Wondering if i should even host a draft this season

I think the next couple weeks in the MLB will tell us a lot. If their season is cancelled I think the writing is on the wall for North American sports. If they are able to deal with an outbreak and continue that could offer a glimmer of hope. 

29 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Only for the chiefs who signed him to a half billion dollars for ten years during a pandemic

2 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

lol imagine..

signs this Huge contract....buys some of the royals..then says heh ill take a year off and stay safe..go figure it out Chiefs.

• Haha 1

When the McCourty Twins opt out its a guaranteed lost season for the pats.

but then again...who cares? Season will be cancelled anyways...lol just when the Bills are projected to most likely be the AFC EAST champs it will be taken from them with the season cancellation. poor guys

On 7/28/2020 at 8:58 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

lol imagine..

signs this Huge contract....buys some of the royals..then says heh ill take a year off and stay safe..go figure it out Chiefs.

If I were the Chiefs GM, I’d pay him his full salary this season to wear a biohazard suit and stay at home. 

• Like 1

Oh boy. Matt Stafford now on Covid list. I guess it’s better now than later, and it’s unlikely he would have been drafted outside of bigger leagues or 2 QB leagues. But a sign of things to come. Basically everybody is at risk for a 2-3 week “injury” this year. In 1 QB leagues I typically don’t carry a backup and just stream the bye week, but might need to rethink that strategy this year. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, bhawks489 said:

The longer people talk about canceling the season and the longer it goes without being cancelled the more people will be pissed that they were wrong about the season being cancelled.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The longer people talk about canceling the season and the longer it goes without being cancelled the more people will be pissed that they were wrong about the season being cancelled.

So true 😅

Its like they want SO bad for the season to cancel but are still so insecure about it they have to repeat themselves over and over  in hopes to convince even their own selves that it will be lol

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

25 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

So true 😅

Its like they want SO bad for the season to cancel but are still so insecure about it they have to repeat themselves over and over  in hopes to convince even their own selves that it will be lol

Well there is a pandemic so I dont know what world you are living in

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

So true 😅

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

For all the Debbie Downers and Sky is Falling posters here, what exactly is your point?  If you're convinced that the season is going to be cancelled, then why are you even wasting your time and bandwidth even coming to this site?

I'm very sad and realistic about the world we live in and believe it's going to be a while before this is over.  I don't believe this virus is a hoax.  I do know that people are dying.  And it's very disheartening because it doesn't look like things will improve any time soon.  But we can at least hope for a season.  And we can talk about strategy and debate about players.  Every single thread seems to have somebody that says "What's the point?  The season will be cancelled".  To those posters, please go away and come back in 2021 if that's how you really feel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

A realistic one.

There are tests and treatments and preventatives to help limit the risk.

The good thing about being a grown up is that you get to make your own decisions and those who choose to opt out are doing exactly that, choosing what they think is best for them so are the ones deciding to play and unless/until something else happens it is game on. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

For all the Debbie Downers and Sky is Falling posters here, what exactly is your point?  If you're convinced that the season is going to be cancelled, then why are you even wasting your time and bandwidth even coming to this site?

I'm very sad and realistic about the world we live in and believe it's going to be a while before this is over.  I don't believe this virus is a hoax.  I do know that people are dying.  And it's very disheartening because it doesn't look like things will improve any time soon.  But we can at least hope for a season.  And we can talk about strategy and debate about players.  Every single thread seems to have somebody that says "What's the point?  The season will be cancelled".  To those posters, please go away and come back in 2021 if that's how you really feel.

Just because people think the season will be cancelled doesnt mean they want it to or it also doesnt mean that those people dont like takling about player projections/fantasy in general.

We get it, you guys wanna live in a bubble and deny any possibility of the season being cancelled. But I think there is a good chance of it not happening. Look at the facts and forget about the feelings

@DerrickHenrysCleats "being a grown up" Thats ironic

Edited by bhawks489

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

"And it's very disheartening because it doesn't look like things will improve any time soon."

There are multiple vaccines in stage 3 human trials and could be available by the end of the year to go along with preventatives for the more at risk people and treatments that show excellent results for those with debilitating symptoms.

It's not all doom and gloom out there if that's what you hear all the time.

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Just because people think the season will be cancelled doesnt mean they want it to or it also doesnt mean that those people dont like takling about player projections/fantasy in general.

We get it, you guys wanna live in a bubble and deny any possibility of the season being cancelled. But I think there is a good chance of it not happening. Look at the facts and forget about the feelings

@DerrickHenrysCleats "being a grown up" Thats ironic

Isn't it ironic?

• Haha 1