Sign in to follow this  
sharpee

Rate My Draft / Team! WHIR!

Posted (edited)

Hey y'all - just had my draft last night. This is my first year playing roto, so I'm a bit new and my team balance likely shows as a result. 

Despite this I think my 3 keepers (Trout, Ramirez and Bellinger) from last year really helped set my offense up. Despite that however it does seem my most immediate needs are:

1. I really lack a true #1. Bauer could be just fine, but I feel i either need another equivalent arm to pair with him or I need to upgrade him for a true ace.

2. I need another 1-2 RPs to pair with Diaz. I feel that Diaz is a great anchor but I may be able to get by playing the closer carousel 

3. Offense wise I think I'm in great shape but please do let me know if there are any areas to pay attention to. 

4. FYI - this is my last year where I can keep JoRam. So I'll likely trade him for picks next year. That's where Wander comes in for the next few years. OR Buxon if he ever breaks out LOL

Team in sig and WHIR always

Edited by sharpee

32 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Can see your team or league details on cell phones

12 Team 6x6 Roto Keeper League (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, SV) -- Keep 3

1. C: J.T. Realmuto
  2. 1B: Cody Bellinger
  3. 2B: Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
  4. SS: Amed Rosario
  5. 3B: José Ramírez
  6. OF: Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Marcell Ozuna
  7. UTIL: Byron Buxton
    1. BN: Yuli Gurriel, Wander Franco (N/A)
  9. SP: Trevor Bauer, Corey Kluber, Dinelson Lamet, Max Fried, Germán Márquez, Joe Musgrove 
  11. RP: Edwin Díaz, Jesús Luzardo
  13. DL: None....yet

Offense is very solid, but you are going to need a lot of luck to challenge with that pitching staff..and you are pretty much punting saves it appears, and punting a category in roto is certain death in competitive leagues 

Offense is stacked. Pitching leaves a lot to be desired. I’d pray that Harper gets off to a hot start and trade him for an ace like Flaherty Clevinger Bieber etc. 

Posted (edited)

You have a bevy of superstars on offense but there are flaws. The MI (2B, SS) leaves a lot to be desired. I would keep an eye on the WW or trade to upgrade as there will be plenty of guys better than Lourdes of Rosario

I also wouldn’t count on Buxton as Util for the whole season. You can do better.

If you can beef up the holes on offense you can get away with that staff (even if Bauer isn’t his 2018 version) save some tweaks.

Kluber will be just fine from what I saw in Spring Training -he’s your discount #1. Musgrove will have a Bieber-like breakout, that I am very certain of.

Lamet is a solid K option lottery pick but I don’t see him taking the next step.

rate my team?

Edited by UberRebel