Sign in to follow this  
Panther239

The Fake Noise Thread

Put all your funny clips and stories in here

I'm watching a 10-0 Red Sox-Orioles game and the crowd starts going nuts on an RBI single like it's the ALCS

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panther239 said:

I think I caught my wife making some fake noise, but personally, I didn’t find it very funny......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Panther239 said:

I'm watching a 10-0 Red Sox-Orioles game and the crowd starts going nuts on an RBI single like it's the ALCS

All the white noise buzz has been good in all the games I've seen so far EXCEPT the Red Sox home game tonight.  The Boston audio guy should be fired on the spot.  Every single pitch before the pitcher even went into the wind-up he cranked the volume up to about 11 (Spinal Tap reference).  There were huge cheers when an Oriole hitter hit a ball into the outfield for some reason.  Guy was utterly out of it.

The two Boston exhibition games against the Jays earlier in the week were perfectly fine.  I don't know if there was a different guy at the audio controls tonight or what.  Whoever it was he stinks worse than a skunk.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Haha 1

i really thought that the lack of a crowd was going to be distracting and ruin the game watching experience, but i must admit i've been pleasantly surprised with the broadcasts.  even the local broadcasts have been pretty good.

Just now, crotchcrickets said:

i really thought that the lack of a crowd was going to be distracting and ruin the game watching experience, but i must admit i've been pleasantly surprised with the broadcasts.  even the local broadcasts have been pretty good.

Honestly I wish some stadiums would get rid of the fake crowd noise. Would be nice to take in the raw sounds of the game. When will we ever have an opportunity to hear the real sounds like this again?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Honestly I wish some stadiums would get rid of the fake crowd noise. Would be nice to take in the raw sounds of the game. When will we ever have an opportunity to hear the real sounds like this again?

Last thing I want to hear is nothing but total silence for 30 to 40 seconds between pitches.  All the real sounds come through loud and clear over the white noise buzz.  Well except in Boston tonight where the audio guy turned into a total lunatic.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Weirdly, I find if I have been looking down at something else for awhile, I forget when I look up that no one is there...metaphysical....

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Heard several very loud F-bombs from Joc last night!

• Haha 1

Fake noise > fake fans in stands.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I really like the fake crowd sounds. Watching MLB games is such a better experience compared to the NBA scrimmages so far with the silence and seemingly extremely loud sneaker squeaks. 

• Like 3

I liked the cardboard cutouts of fans in the seats at the Mets game. I liked the fake noise too as long as they don't over do it. So far so good. Thank you MLB. The baseball games have brightened the summer COVID days.