tobeyreichman18

Dynasty Auction Keeper league help me decide keepers

Recommended Posts

This 12 team league you have a letter assigned to your players. The year you draft them they are the letter "A". Second year they are "B". You have the option at the end of the second year to raise their salaries by $5 extra per year up to 3 years to keep them longer. A -> B -> C (If Raised $15) -> Z (If Raised $10) -> Y (If raised $5) -> X (Final year on your roster open to draft following season).  

My roster after removing the players I'm not considering or not able to keep or trade at all. 

Screenshot_4.png.4e4a03820e74e018bc6b5e168c668aae.png

I get to keep 7 ($200 cap space), and for me the 7 as of now are somewhat clear. TE's are important in this league and any extra points at that position is extremely important. 

I've already changed the letters of my players to what they will be this upcomming season, my only eligible raises are Tyler Boyd and Ryan Fitzpatrick both of which I have super cheap and I'm not considering raising both at the moment.

 

Fitz, Watson, Sanders, Jones, DK, Robinson, and Cook are my keepers as of right now. 

I have a few trade offers for Newton. None of which are interesting besides Darren Waller ($2b salary) for Newton straight up. If I were to do that trade I would be saving $10 at TE and looking to pair Cook and Robinson/Diggs/Boyd to someone that needs a TE for a better and cheaper receiver then Robinson. How does that sound? Who should I target? What receiver should I offer for? Where am I the weakest? Obviously I will be drafting a third QB, but otherwise how do you guys think Fitz will perform? Derrick Henry is available in this draft and so will quite a few of other decent RB's like Le'Veon, Gurley, Melvin Gordon, and Saquon (I don't expect the owner to keep him for $60 since he owns Zeke as well for much cheaper). In other words I'm trying to save every dollar to be able to grab one of these backs to pair with Sanders and Jones. I can even make a trade offer for Saquon to secure it, but I'm not sure if Im willing to keep him for that much and can probably get him cheaper in draft.

WR's other teams have at interesting price points DeVante Parker ($1b and I can watch him with Fitz), Adam Thielen ($20b and owner needs RB's and has interest in Coleman), Cooper Kupp ($16z), Davante Adams ($17y owner may be interested in trading him because his team isn't very good and he needs to rebuild). Owner that offered me Waller for Newton has Kenny Goladay ($14z) and Golden Tate ($3b) I can counter offer he is a patriots fan so probably really wants Newton. 

 

I know this one was long, but thank you in advance for any help if you have read it all and made it to this point. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if someone wants tevin coleman and you like the trade move him. I see 0 chance he is ever a consistent top 24 rb. He had the 1 panther game last year that was the highlight of owning him. The rest of the time he was prob not a top 24 performer. I can see a healthy mckinnon over taking him or a rookie. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay put with you're keeper list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Fitz, Watson, Sanders, Jones, DK, Robinson, and Cook are my keepers as of right now. 

Can't quibble much with the bolded ones, but:

* Fitzmagic should be out at some point as Tua takes over

* Cook is fine but not great (although he was great in 2018 when I grabbed him off the wire, I admit).

I think I would keep Diggs over either of them.

8 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

None of which are interesting besides Darren Waller ($2b salary) for Newton straight up. If I were to do that trade I would be saving $10 at TE

Sounds like a deal. Newton is interesting, but it's really a long shot and it's clear also Belichick isn't really attached to him. In 2QB I want 2 safe QBs as keepers, and neither Cam nor Fitz are the ones.

8 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

WR's other teams have at interesting price points DeVante Parker ($1b and I can watch him with Fitz), Adam Thielen ($20b and owner needs RB's and has interest in Coleman), Cooper Kupp ($16z), Davante Adams ($17y owner may be interested in trading him because his team isn't very good and he needs to rebuild). Owner that offered me Waller for Newton has Kenny Goladay ($14z) and Golden Tate ($3b) I can counter offer he is a patriots fan so probably really wants Newton. 

These four would be my targets, but I admit I'm not entirely clear on the salary thing. If you trade for Golladay, does that mean his salary is $14 with you too or is it reset somehow?

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Can't quibble much with the bolded ones, but:

* Fitzmagic should be out at some point as Tua takes over

* Cook is fine but not great (although he was great in 2018 when I grabbed him off the wire, I admit).

I think I would keep Diggs over either of them.

Sounds like a deal. Newton is interesting, but it's really a long shot and it's clear also Belichick isn't really attached to him. In 2QB I want 2 safe QBs as keepers, and neither Cam nor Fitz are the ones.

These four would be my targets, but I admit I'm not entirely clear on the salary thing. If you trade for Golladay, does that mean his salary is $14 with you too or is it reset somehow?

Thanks for the input. Fitz will probably be taken over I really am intending to have him as my 3rd QB and he will be in for Watson week 8 bye probably only and what ever other QB I draft's bye and he has decent trade value in this league. I'll most likely go through that deal later today thank you! If I were to trade for Golladay I'd have him at $14z meaning he would be with me this season for that salary, I could keep him next season as $14y, and then he would become $14x if I kept him again and that would be his last season on my roster. He was raised by the owner $10 from $4->$14 he became a z from a b. Its hella confusing and hard to explain but I've been doing it with basketball and football fantasy since I was born with my dad so. 

Edited by tobeyreichman18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the trade for Waller. Should I now trade one of my others that I am not keeping for DeVante Parker and keep Parker over Robinson saving $6? So I would be keeping Waller and Parker over Cook and Robinson, $16 saved. Good idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

I made the trade for Waller. Should I now trade one of my others that I am not keeping for DeVante Parker and keep Parker over Robinson saving $6? So I would be keeping Waller and Parker over Cook and Robinson, $16 saved. Good idea?

Sounds like a no-brainer if you put it that way :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.