Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/27 - GAME DAY THREAD

things sure went south for josh james pretty quickly...

Just now, brooklynfinest42 said:

brutal.. destroying my ratios

and theyre just leaving him out there.....

Anyone know whats the situation for Philly and Yankees tomorrow?  I'd imagine cancelled as well.  I wish they could've just rerouted the Yankees to play the O's in Baltimore and just reschedule those 2 series on the fly.  No fans in the stands and its all close enough.  Probably impractical though.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Hope you guys didn't start James. 5 walks in less than 3 innings? Yikes. 

The Stros SP is looking pretty iffy 

23 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Classic Folty. 

That dude has 2 types of outings 1) a gem while he’s on bench 2) whatever tonight was when he’s in my lineup

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Any updates on the rain delayed games?

cubs start 8:25et.

• Thanks 1

Anyone know If glasnow gonna be doing some “rays” thing this year where he can’t get wins or is this a strength building thing?

Glass pulled after completely dominating the Braves... only @ 71 pitches, Rays up 9-1... and they screw him out of a win he very much earned. (If this becomes the norm, why even play this BS season anyway... soo pissed!)

1 minute ago, LarryChip10 said:

Glass pulled after completely dominating the Braves... only @ 71 pitches, Rays up 9-1... and they screw him out of a win he very much earned. (If this becomes the norm, why even play this BS season anyway... soo pissed!)

Same thing happened in the A's-Angels game today.  Had Bassitt after 4 shutout innings at 66 pitches and they took him out after 4.  

Glasnow had a late start in camp, he’s not built up yet. With his injury history they’re not going to push it to help his personal win total.

• Like 2

James got screwed by the umpire. Some very ludicrous non strike calls, but he was also missing his spots. His stuff looked filthy though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Glasnow had a late start in camp, he’s not built up yet. With his injury history they’re not going to push it to help his personal win total.

Dude, seriously... it's 2020 and nobody needs any rational BS or thoughtful comments here bud! See your way out please... lol

• Haha 1

Pretty sure you'll win your league if you start literally everybody against the Tigers.

• Haha 3

Lots of absurd scoring so far this year. Pitcher rust?

5 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Lots of absurd scoring so far this year. Pitcher rust?

Just speculation, but i doubt most were actually throwing during the quarantine like they say they were. Has led to some pitchers getting injured due to having to ramp up. Again, pure speculation. 

• Like 1

Just now, urban2014 said:

Save for Bass

Yup. he looked great there! It was against the bottom of the lineup, but he did face Turner and give up a hit. Next batter he made a good play for the third out. 

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Anyone know whats the situation for Philly and Yankees tomorrow?  I'd imagine cancelled as well.  I wish they could've just rerouted the Yankees to play the O's in Baltimore and just reschedule those 2 series on the fly.  No fans in the stands and its all close enough.  Probably impractical though.

They are leaning to cancelling that game too but holding off to see the Phillies players' test results which they hope will be available by tomorrow morning.  If the Phillies players all test negative and the park and especially the visitors clubhouse have been super deep cleaned to everyone's satisfaction it is possible the game goes on.  But that is a lot of ifs to happen.

• Like 1