Trench Mob

NBA Season Restart Thread

Basketball is back! Good luck to everyone and be safe.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Great restart for my team. 

I was lucky enough to get decent replacements for my guys out of the bubble. My old guard consisted out of Lillard, Seth Curry, Buddy Hield, Mitchell, Barton, Crowder, Gobert and Jarett Allen. Had to replace six guys. We picked up guys with similar value to players we lost so I got: Ben Simmons for Trae Young, LeVert for Dinwiddie, Tobias Harris for Davis Bertans, Troy Brown for James Johnson and Bam Adebayo for Larry Nance (! Nance had very strong Last 30 days for Cavs and Bench Boost). I did make one waiver wire change bringing Cameron Johnson in for Josh Richardson.

Gobert and Mitchell performed well. Mitchell over his normal and Gobert just below but still very good with double double.

Im giddy for Brooklyn guys. Allen got some extra value with Jordan being out and LeVert is going to be a beast!

Fantasy for me is over for the season. In real life, after watching Lakers game I think that Lakers have no chance against Clippers in 7 game series. 

• Haha 1

Smh. Gonna have to make a sacrifice in draft positioning or pony up a haul to get Jonathan Isaac next fantasy season. That man good.

Nurkic looks good today, Blazers vs Grizzlies is like play-off game. Love it

I don't think anyone is going to stop the Bucks. But I hope they trip up again so it will better the odds of Giannis going elsewhere. * Incoming the Heat *. 

It worked for LeBron. It'll work for you too Giannis. 

Posted (edited)

F2cking refs In Boston vs Milwaukee game last night they overturned a call. Giannis you fouled out ... 

Edited by shakestreet

2014  - last time Lakers won against Raptors 😁

I feel  that lots of people are dismissing the champions too early. 

Green leaving actually improved our team

23 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I feel  that lots of people are dismissing the champions too early. 

x2 in OKC's case.

I don't think not one soul talked about them this season and they've been one of the best teams since January. Gilgeous-Alexander made one hell of a leap. How Sam Presti keeps on recycling through the roster, losing star after star, and still be highly competitive in the West is quite a feat.

Allen, LeVert and Troy Brown came through for me. Fantasy thanks these guys for their efforts!

Posted (edited)

Watching the Spurs/Grizz game, Dillon Brooks is a low IQ player, literally cost them the game with number of dumb plays. Also why is this bum shooting 7 more shots than JJJ?

Edited by DezedandConfused

Speaking of Spurs, If they make playoffs this year Pop should be considered best coach ever.

And Nurkic is a very nice surprise so far.

17 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

who cares

A lot of people care.

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Speaking of Spurs, If they make playoffs this year Pop should be considered best coach ever.

And Nurkic is a very nice surprise so far.

Nurk has definitely been a surprise. Thought it would have taken him a bit of time to get back on his feet.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:24 PM, Trench Mob said:

Smh. Gonna have to make a sacrifice in draft positioning or pony up a haul to get Jonathan Isaac next fantasy season. That man good.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Damn Isaac only played 15 min as well. Rockets beat the Bledsoe-less Bucks by shooting 21-61 3s think that ties their old record of attempted 3s in a game. Is this the year the Rockets make it to the finals with small ball?

Edited by DezedandConfused

36 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Damn Isaac only played 15 min as well. Rockets beat the Bledsoe-less Bucks by shooting 21-61 3s think that ties their old record of attempted 3s in a game. Is this the year the Rockets make it to the finals with small ball?

Can they beat the Lakers in a series. I think so. Very doable. Can they beat the Clippers in a series? No IMO.

I loathe the Rockets though. Westbrook kinda ease some of the torture watching them. I find myself liking his game again. Especially with Morey unlocking him. But I hope they lose every night.

If Raptors win against Heat (they will),  I will consider them a lock for Eastern conference finals

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

If Raptors win against Heat (they will),  I will consider them a lock for Eastern conference finals

Raptors lost the previous 2 games against the Heat this season, not sure about a lock for the Eastern conference finals.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Raptors lost the previous 2 games against the Heat this season, not sure about a lock for the Eastern conference finals.

Raptors will not play Heat in the playoffs if the current playoff seeding  stays unchanged. (and it has a good chance to remain  as is)

Edited by Gile Pile

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Raptors will not play Heat in the playoffs if the current playoff seeding  stays unchanged. (and it has a good chance to remain  as is)

What about the Celtics? Also why did Lowry pass the ball to Gasol for the foul and free throws lol?

53 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

What about the Celtics? Also why did Lowry pass the ball to Gasol for the foul and free throws lol?

We won. That is what champions do. We will see how it goes on Friday against Celtics , but they dont have a chance in 7 games against Raptors we stay healthy.  We won against them without Siakam and Gasol.  

In 2020 we lost only seven times, despite all the injuries we had this season

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

In case you doubt what healthy Gasol can do 

And Embiid had zero point game 😁

19 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

In case you doubt what healthy Gasol can do 

And Embiid had zero point game 😁

Lol you missed the point entirely. It was a foul situation for the Heat, Lowry had the ball on offense. Then when he was about to get fouled for free throws, he passed the ball to Gasol. Context my friend, I know he can play defense in the paint.