Trench Mob

NBA Season Restart Thread

7 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

If Raptors win against Heat (they will)

Even a groundhog comes up from its hole every once in awhile.

I will consider them a lock for Eastern conference finals

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

This diversity is refreshing.

Elite teams:

Bucks

Clippers

Lakers

Good teams: 

Raptors

Celtics

Heat

Rockets

Nuggets

Jazz

Pacers

Thunder

Sixers

Mavericks

That clutter of good teams can beat one another any night. Plus with this neutral floor setting, it's a who's who in the playoffs. I'm liking this. Needed a break from the super team domination.

Edited by Trench Mob

Imagine that Luka could've been in Kings uniform and they passed...

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Imagine that Luka could've been in Kings uniform and they passed...

Well Luka was wearing ATL hat and they still passed...granted it was for Trae and 1st round pick. 

But just saying, Bagley 3 was beastly in college and got a lot of exposure and hype. He was headlining national games. While, I honestly think 99% of the people probably didn’t see Luka play a minute of basketball prior to his NBA stint. 

Of course if we are talking hindsight vision, Luka would be running up and down the court with Booker. Because there is no teams in the league that would passed up Luka at 1. 

20 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Well Luka was wearing ATL hat and they still passed...granted it was for Trae and 1st round pick. 

But just saying, Bagley 3 was beastly in college and got a lot of exposure and hype. He was headlining national games. While, I honestly think 99% of the people probably didn’t see Luka play a minute of basketball prior to his NBA stint. 

Of course if we are talking hindsight vision, Luka would be running up and down the court with Booker. Because there is no teams in the league that would passed up Luka at 1. 

"Marvin is for us a better fit, a better player, and a great talent, so he's the choice for us." - Divac 

Also apparently Divac had bad blood with Luka's father which went into drafting Bagley over him. No matter how good Bagley was in college Divac messed up, he put ahead personal factors into making an organization's draft pick. 

Kevin Harlan is the greatest announcer in the history of sports. I wish that was just a opinion / hyperbole.

looks like players that were injured earlier in the season (Isaac, Simmons) are very vulnerable.  Probably came back too early.

On the side note, watching OKC - LAL now and Green is terrible. In the last 3 games he  made 2 3PM on 17 attempts . 11% 3PM% for someone who is supposed to be `3 and D` player

18 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

looks like players that were injured earlier in the season (Isaac, Simmons) are very vulnerable.  Probably came back too early.

On the side note, watching OKC - LAL now and Green is terrible. In the last 3 games he  made 2 3PM on 17 attempts . 11% 3PM% for someone who is supposed to be `3 and D` player

Just out of curiosity why do u hate Danny Green so much lol? He was 2nd in 3 point% in the league last season for the Raptors and yeah he has always been a streaky shooter. 

38 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Just out of curiosity why do u hate Danny Green so much lol? He was 2nd in 3 point% in the league last season for the Raptors and yeah he has always been a streaky shooter. 

I wanted Raptors to win it all , so I started "hating"   Green last year in the playoffs  when he was  basically  unplayable in playoffs and VanVleet haven't had his child yet

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I wanted Raptors to win it all , so I started "hating"   Green last year in the playoffs  when he was  basically  unplayable in playoffs and VanVleet haven't had his child yet

I see that's been Green throughout his career though, clunkers mixed in with a little 4-5 threes made games. But it does look like he lost a step on the defensive end this season compared to last season, Lakers miss Bradley in that end. It's also gonna be interesting how the Raptors look next season, not sure if they can keep Ibaka, Gasol, and FVV unless they take a paycut.

Michael Porter Jr. has been injured his whole time playing ball. I get it. But everyone and their grandma saw his profile and begging not to pass on him.

You hate to see it.

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Michael Porter Jr. has been injured his whole time playing ball. I get it. But everyone and their grandma saw his profile and begging not to pass on him.

You hate to see it.

Knicks picking Kevin Knox over him is looking more worse everyday.

corona the best thing ever to happen to the league, this bubble is straight fire, can't wait for the playoffs

Hot take: Jimmy Butler is better than TJ Warren.

Lmao at the Pacers yo. They actually think this is/was a rivalry or whatever. Arrivederci, trash.

Grizz secure a spot in the play-in game, Spurs miss the playoffs for the first time in 22 years, Suns finish the bubble going 8-0 and need the Blazers to lose against the Nets to get into the playoffs. Blazers v. Suns would've been the better play-in matchup :( 

Ah damn. I feel for Suns fans'. That's gotta hurt. 

I have no idea why Nets defended Lillard the why they did.   I guess it worked,  only 42 tonight. Tonight Lillard proved his greatness.

It will be fun watching Lakers - Blazers

And LeVert thinks he is MJ ...