Trench Mob

NBA Season Restart Thread

And the Grizzlies are really bad too haha. This is bullsh*t. But that's life.

31 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

It will be fun watching Lakers - Blazers

I feel like the media really pumping the Blazers for some time now. Mainly because everyone loves them some Dame ( for good reason ).

Eh. Lakers should dispatch them in no more than 5 games IMO. But this bubble is weird. We'll see.

spacer.png

* Itching to put the Heat in the Finals. But until they show they can get around the Celtics, no mas. I love how they match up with the Bucks tho. Very doable. But I think I flip flop the Celtics & Raptors series a few times. Smh. That's gonna be a slobber-knocker.

* Regardless of Westbrook's status, IMO OKC is better than Houston. That should be a good 6 to 7 game series.

The rest seems pretty predictable. Which means some weirdness will happen. This gonna be suffocating. 

Posted (edited)

You really think Heat can beat the Pacers?  I think we will see game 7 in that series

Edited by Gile Pile

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

You really think Heat can beat the Pacers?  I think we will see game 7 in that series

spacer.png

I hope you've made a mistake and meant to put the Bucks instead of Pacers in that sentence. Or reverse psychology / sarcasm lol.

11 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

spacer.png

I hope you've made a mistake and meant to put the Bucks instead of Pacers in that sentence. Or reverse psychology / sarcasm lol.

Nope.

My predictions

East:  Bucks vs Heat is Bucks in six.  Butler starts complaining  about teammates after he leaves the bubble and Heat is having buyers remorse.

Bos - Tor  series should go 6 or 7 games and either team can win. 

East Finals: winner Bos - Tor vs Bucks; Bucks will  make it to the finals.

West:

Por - Lakers -  we will hear  something like this from Lakers at least once (Lakers win)

Clippers - Dallas   - LAC in 6

West finals:

Clippers in 5 against Lakers

Bucks - Clippers goes game 7 and Bucks win it all on buzzer 3 from Korver

Jim Boylen being fired is  a good news. Depending on the new coach, some  Bulls players could be draft day steals

11 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Jim Boylen being fired is  a good news. Depending on the new coach, some  Bulls players could be draft day steals

As long as it's not Kenny Atkinson for fantasy purposes.

Eastern Conference team that makes it out to the finals is gonna have so much rest lol. These bottom teams in the East are a joke right now due to injuries.

@Gile Pile I take back all the little support I had for Danny Green, this guy is so washed up and trash lol. I just saw him miss like 3 threes, 1 of them an airball and get blocked on a layup attempt all in the 1st quarter.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

@Gile Pile I take back all the little support I had for Danny Green, this guy is so washed up and trash lol. I just saw him miss like 3 threes, 1 of them an airball and get blocked on a layup attempt all in the 1st quarter.

I dare you to mention this in Lakers season outlook thread.  Green is not consistent for "3 and D player"  to tip the scales in Lakers favor.  It seems to me that Lakers management didn't watch Raptors in playoffs last year before they decided to pay Green $15,000,000 a year

Edited by Gile Pile

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I dare you to mention this in Lakers season outlook thread.  Green is not consistent for "3 and D player"  to tip the scales in Lakers favor.  It seems to me that Lakers management didn't watch Raptors in playoffs last year before they decided to pay Green $15,000,000 a year

Yea as a Lakers fan, it was not a good signing, but don't think they had much of a choice especially with Kawhi delaying his decision. Who knows if it was done deliberately or not but both the Raptors and Lakers believe they got played by Kawhi and thought they had a better chance of signing him after meeting. By then most of the FA were signed to other teams, Lakers just had to fill their roster. 

Their best lineup right now with their current lineup is  LBJ, Caruso, Kuzma, AD, Howard. Green, KCP, McGee are just used as placeholder starters, try to get some early shots for KCP/Green to see if they get going, if not Caruso and Kuzma will see more time off the bench. 

On other note, this is playoff basketball let them play lol, so many fouls called slowing down the game making it hard to watch.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Both #1 seeds lost, I didn't see it coming. LeBron looked  tired in 4th, Whiteside with a nice block. When you take away homecourt advantage, Lakers and Blazers are pretty close

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Both #1 seeds lost, I didn't see it coming. LeBron looked  tired in 4th, Whiteside with a nice block. When you take away homecourt advantage, Lakers and Blazers are pretty close

Like I said before, have no idea what we're gonna get from KCP/Green on any given game, probably two of the most inconsistent players in the league lol. For how inconsistent Avery Bradley is as well, he's better than both KCP/Green defensively and spot up 3s, Lakers miss him bad. Also, don't the Magic technically have home court advantage in the playoffs in the bubble lol. 

Edited by DezedandConfused

I am thinking that no fans in the arena is having lots of impact. 

In my opinion it shows true colors  for each team and takes away  home team advantage with referees.   What is left is equal playing field for both teams and better team in  pure basketball terms will win playoffs series more often  compared to the  series with fans present in the arena.

So we will see if  Lakers and Bucks losesb were just a fluke or not.

Also, Porter Jr will be really good in fantasy next year

Didn't the Magic beat the Raptors last season game 1 as well? I don't see any scenario where they can beat the Bucks. Also, I don't see the Lakers shooting that badly (15% from 3 on 32 attempts), if they do they deserve to lose the series. Also KCP shot 0-9, AD missed 5 free throws (12-17, shot 85% throughout this season). 

Posted (edited)

The Heat are so going to the Finals. Crank up that thermostat on these fools!

Edited by Trench Mob

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

The Heat are so going to the Finals. Crank up that thermostat on these fools!

😅 

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gile Pile said:

So we will see if  Lakers and Bucks losesb were just a fluke or not.

FLUKEE, Blazers' defense is a joke, Lakers missed a lot of open shots last game.