Sign in to follow this  
KrunK

Daulton Varsho 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

As a Dback fan, what are your feelings about how much he'll play catcher. Do you think he'll get enough games to maintain C eligibility in Yahoo and ESPN and CBS next year? 

Next year he would get 5 games on Yahoo unless permanently moved off the position.  But this year with only 50+ games left who knows with Vogt still around as the #2 catcher.  So my guess on Yahoo is that IF he doesn't get those 5 games in this year to start out next year immediately wit catcher, he should get them in during first few weeks next year.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Next year he would get 5 games on Yahoo unless permanently moved off the position.  But this year with only 50+ games left who knows with Vogt still around as the #2 catcher.

I understand this probably goes in the platform thread, but I'm wondering if these platforms will pro-rate their games-played requirements? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I understand this probably goes in the platform thread, but I'm wondering if these platforms will pro-rate their games-played requirements?

Yahoo already said no they won't before the season began.  I mean they already have the most generous requirements.  They can't knock down starts from 5 to like 2.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo already said no they won't before the season began.  I mean they already have the most generous requirements.  They can't knock down starts from 5 to like 2.

Yeah, that one is no surprise. I'm hopeful about CBS, which requires 20 games. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

As a Dback fan, what are your feelings about how much he'll play catcher. Do you think he'll get enough games to maintain C eligibility in Yahoo and ESPN and CBS next year? 

Honestly I am not sure how the starts at C will go this year. Did yahoo, etc change the number of starts needed to maintain eligibility next year since it’s a short season? If not, idk. They seem to like Vogt some, so that’s troublesome. 

Edit: didn’t see there was a page 2 lol. That’s not good. 

Edited by KrunK

About what we expected:

Diamondbacks purchased the contract of C/OF Daulton Varsho from their alternate training site.

Manager Torey Lovullo says that Varsho will come off the bench for now, doing some catching and/or being used at all three outfield spots. He's an exciting talent worthy of a speculative add in deeper fantasy formats, but it wouldn't appear the playing time will be there initially.

Source: Steve Gilbert on Twitter            Jul 30, 2020, 6:34 PM ET

He just has to cease the moment when he gets the chance.  I'm pretty excited that Lovullo said he would do some catching.  I just expected outfield and DH with Vogt still around blocking him from being the #2 catcher.

I guess this isn't what you re-draft people want but for us dynasty owners sounds like he is up to stay and that is all I'm looking for for now.  They rest always comes because this is baseball and anything can happen if you are patient and not trigger happy.

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

why call him up if he is only going to sit there??

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗i am so annoyed

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Whizzinator said:

This year though there is nowhere else to play

This year is the year where there are a ton of spots to play. Vargas should be starting for no one. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mcbane said:

This year is the year where there are a ton of spots to play. Vargas should be starting for no one. 

My comment was not about position.  It was that unlike most years where your choice is starting every day in the minors vs bench in majors, today the only chance to play competitive games is in the majors.  So even if he only plays a couple times a week that may well be better development.

I don't disagree with you about the position opportunity either.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This situation is becoming frustrating. Not playing again?? I'm gonna have to drop tomorrow. Why would Arizona call him up to "ignite their offense", but then not use him (and continue to lose)?

Edited by Ecofolux

17 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

This situation is becoming frustrating. Not playing again?? I'm gonna have to drop tomorrow. Why would Arizona call him up to "ignite their offense", but then not use him (and continue to lose)?

The coach straight up said they would be using him off the bench.  This shouldn't be surprising or frustrating.  

• Like 1

Easy nickname though:

Diva

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDGAFOS said:

The coach straight up said they would be using him off the bench.  This shouldn't be surprising or frustrating.  

Well the manager said he would get to catch some and play in the outfield.  And that he was called up to "help ignite the offense."

His time will come.

manager can only let his team play like **** for so long.

This discussion reminds me so much of the Kevin Cron call-up last year. 

10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

This discussion reminds me so much of the Kevin Cron call-up last year. 

Exactly. And I grabbed him as well.

Hello all,

I have decided it is in the best interest of my family and I to move on from Daulton Varsho. Torey Luvollo, although I respect him, has a much different vision for his team and we can't seem to come to an understanding...I want Varsho to flourish and build on his skills, where Luvollo wants his team to lose and Varsho to waste his talents and time. Thank you all for your understanding during this challenging period in our lives,

and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Getting the start in LF. Let’s get that eligibility going!

Posted (edited)

The following trash have started recently instead of Varsho: Andy Young, Tim Locastro, Lamb and Jon friggin' Jay. Where's the vomit emoji?

Vogt and Kelly have been AWFUL.  Along with Lamb all 3 are hitting under the Mendoza line.  Varsho can't get just ONE start a week at catcher?  A couple in LF please?

Edited by Morat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

i get that these major league managers are much smarter than us blah blah blah, but sometimes it really makes you wonder if these major league managers really are smarter than the average fantasy baseball player.

• Like 2

Starting at CATCHER today.🙌🕺🥂🕯️🛐

• Thanks 1