Sign in to follow this  
KrunK

Daulton Varsho 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Morat said:

Starting at CATCHER today.🙌🕺🥂🕯️🛐

You mean Arizona finally remembered he was even on the team?  Wow.  Progress.  Maybe the D-Backs have finally realized that Stephen Vogt is not their long term future.

Andy Young PH for him after 2AB.  😢

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Morat said:

Andy Young PH for him after 2AB.  😢

Hey maybe that means he got traded to SD since they are busy collecting catchers by the truckload right now.  😄

He's starting in CF tonight. He's started every game but one this month and homered in 2 out of his last 5. He's probably a year away but looks like a nice prospect. HIs profile reminds of what Blake Swithart was suppose to be (good bat and athlete but questionable catcher). Hopefully he pans out though.

Edited by fletch44

He's been playing most days here lately. Yahoo keeper leagues owners are hoping for just one more start at catcher...or two more games. 

His minor league numbers look good.  I know he's struggling at the dish, but assuming he can improve on his K's I think there's some upside here.  Factor in the potential C eligibility and he's definitely worth a look.

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He's been playing most days here lately. Yahoo keeper leagues owners are hoping for just one more start at catcher...or two more games. 

He has 7 starts in center (8 after tonight), 5 starts in left and 4 starts at catcher so far.  He also has 8 appearances at catcher as well.  So one more start or two more appearances and he will gain catcher to start out next year on Yahoo.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

He has 7 starts in center (8 after tonight), 5 starts in left and 4 starts at catcher so far.  He also has 8 appearances at catcher as well.  So one more start or two more appearances and he will gain catcher to start out next year on Yahoo.

Yeah, that’s what I was saying :)...one more start at catcher or two more games. Fingers crossed that he gets it. If so, he becomes a potentially very valuable catcher in Yahoo leagues. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, that’s what I was saying :)...one more start at catcher or two more games. Fingers crossed that he gets it. If so, he becomes a potentially very valuable catcher in Yahoo leagues. 

Yeah you did.  Me bad. But you said "here" as well.  Which meant center to me given the context that you were replying to the CF comment above you.  He also qualifies in left.

• Like 1

According to lineups.com and MLB.com, Varsho is currently slated to leadoff and start at catcher today. For Yahoo keeper leagues, that pretty awesome news, assuming that he gets regular ABs in 2021, of course. 

I know his BA has been a struggle in his time in the Majors this year, but I'm hopeful that changes over a full season. He's hitting .151 entering today, but also has a BABIP of .191. One thing that impresses me is his walk % has risen every season as a professional...8.0% in low-A, 8.5 in high-A, 9.3 in AA, and 10.8 this year. That's encouraging to me, but his K% needs to come down. 

Of course, all this is assuming that he breaks camp next year with Arizona and actually gets to play everyday or almost everyday as an OF. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah you did.  Me bad. But you said "here" as well.  Which meant center to me given the context that you were replying to the CF comment above you.  He also qualifies in left.

Lol, sorry...might be a southern thing..."here lately" means "recently" :D