Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 August Closer Thread

Goodbye Mr. Kim and Hello Taylor Williams i guess 😪

Texas situation + Cardinals situation (Gallegos mostly owned in active leagues) + KC Situation all just seems gross to me and more of a wait and see situation

Heck even the cubs im hesitant to burn a spot on Wick just yet and Jeffress got scooped a week ago hah, freaking closers man gotta love it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

oh duh. My bad. 

so, Yay!

Lol, don't worry. You're not the only one. I was watching NYY/PHI and I looked at the win % after the Judge homer and i'm like WTF is this so low? They still got 3 innings of that Yankees offense!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, aapox said:

Lol, don't worry. You're not the only one. I was watching NYY/PHI and I looked at the win % after the Judge homer and i'm like WTF is this so low? They still got 3 innings of that Yankees offense!

No kidding. This season is...full of surprises. In a way it makes it more fun. I think everyone knows whoever wins the league (including the winner himself) will know there are a few asterisks to go with the trophy. I think it takes some of the pressure off and you just roll with the punches the best you can win or lose. I was also thinking Kintzler was in for a hold while being perplexed BTW.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

No kidding. This season is...full of surprises. In a way it makes it more fun. I think everyone knows whoever wins the league (including the winner himself) will know there are a few asterisks to go with the trophy. I think it takes some of the pressure off and you just roll with the punches the best you can win or lose. I was also thinking Kintzler was in for a hold while being perplexed BTW.

Haha, I feel you. Fortunately, since i learned my lesson earlier, I was able to fully cheer him on for the save.

Re: KINTZLER, in case anyone is just checking the box, his one hit given up was a weak grounder, and both of his strikeouts were on questionable sinkers coming back to (or not quite to) the outside corner. His role seems absolutely locked in and his control, as usual, solid. The saves should come, just don't expect much K's.

• Like 1

Pressly's still the favorite for saves in Houston right? Because he was just dropped in my competitive 10 team roto saves + holds league. What am I missing? I was all set to use my #2 waiver claim on Tommy Edman, but now I think I might need to use it on Pressly instead. 

17 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I don’t see a reason why they’d give anyone other than Pressly the first crack at it given his track record. 

I'm thinking the same, and I'm in a saves + holds league which allows me to hedge my bets a bit. I guess I'm canceling my waiver claim for Edelman and using it on Pressly...

13 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm thinking the same, and I'm in a saves + holds league which allows me to hedge my bets a bit. I guess I'm canceling my waiver claim for Edelman and using it on Pressly...

In that case absolutely get Pressly. I own him in a saves + holds league too and he’s gold in that format. 

FYI The Cubs were up 4-1 in the 8th and used Jeffress who looked good and went 1-2-3, then in the 9th, Wick was warming up but the Cubs scored 2 runs with 2 outs and sat him down. So, Wick didn't get in there, but he was going to get the save opportunity if the Cubs did not add insurance. This is really good news for Wick owners because the pen was pretty rested and they could have gone just about any way.

So, is Helsey any good? I have a roster spot opening up and I'm out of service this weekend so I was thinking of putting him in there for the weekend and maybe get a Save or at least some work, but I don't want to worry about...and this is a Cubs fan talking about a Cardinal so I'm already kinda worried about it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

What are we thinking in Pitt.  Anyone with stashing, or is Kela so close to returning, no one's worth it

Kela should be back soon.  Another week at the most probably.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, aapox said:

So, is Helsey any good? I have a roster spot opening up and I'm out of service this weekend so I was thinking of putting him in there for the weekend and maybe get a Save or at least some work, but I don't want to worry about...and this is a Cubs fan talking about a Cardinal so I'm already kinda worried about it...

He showed he can handle pressure in the playoffs last year, 5 1/3 scoreless innings, 1 hit, 1BB, 8 Ks. He has high 90s closer velocity. K’s have been a bit low despite it. But yes, he’s good and could run with it if he gets first crack.

• Thanks 1