Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 August Closer Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

This Astros bullpen situation is getting interesting. Sneed pitched like crap and now Blake Taylor is coming into bail out the Astros. I have hopes for Taylor taking the "closer" job from Pressly. We'll see...

Just now, HaloFanatic17 said:

He hasn’t thrown for several days and this is only his second appearance unless I’m wrong. I think he’s still rusty. 

Yeah, me too. Unless they want to try something crazy like James in the closer role, Pressly is the best RP they have and best option to close. I'm still using my#2 waiver claim on him tomorrow...

Just now, Ecofolux said:

He's not, people are overing looking Blake Taylor

Taylor didn’t do himself any favors by giving up 3 hits and didn’t put out the fire when called upon. He earned a blown save as well tonight in the box score.  The runs weren’t his but that was a prime spot to shut the door and prove himself. 

1 minute ago, Ecofolux said:

He's not, people are overing looking Blake Taylor

Yeah, you've mentioned him in 70 responses so far. We get it, you like him. Well I just looked at his minor league numbers and said "meh" out loud so there's that. 

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

What about that Scrubb?

Not really a fan, he could be useful but he doesn't have the stuff to close. The announcers for the Astros today were talking about how Blake Taylor was Dusty Baker's boy and his "go to guy" to get out of trouble. Scrubb is behind Taylor in the pecking order.

Just now, Ecofolux said:

Not really a fan, he could be useful but he doesn't have the stuff to close. The announcers for the Astros today were talking about how Blake Taylor was Dusty Baker's boy and his "go to guy" to get out of trouble. Scrubb is behind Taylor in the pecking order.

And he too, like Pressly, couldn’t get out of trouble 

Personally, I’d prioritize them as Pressly > Scrubb > Taylor. Scrubb pitched after Taylor, pitched better, and hasn’t allowed a run all season. But I’m not convinced they don’t just go full-on committee after this...

3 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Taylor didn’t do himself any favors by giving up 3 hits and didn’t put out the fire when called upon. He earned a blown save as well tonight in the box score.  The runs weren’t his but that was a prime spot to shut the door and prove himself. 

His performance wasn't great but he was put in an awful situation to clean up Sneed's mess. Can't really blame him too much