Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 August Closer Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

Kim replacing cmart in rotation. Open season for cmart / Reyes to take the job? Bunch of bums in there right now:

 

”The closer role, Shildt said, will be split among righthanders Ryan Helsley and Giovanny Gallegos and lefthanders Tyler Webb and Andrew Miller.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, checkers said:

How about Buttrey ? Is it committee with LAA?

Maddon doesn't role with committees at closer.  Buttrey until Robles gets the job back or Buttrey implodes

 

Buttrey has mostly looked like garbage.

 

Having said that, I don't trust Robles getting the job back.  Coach said the velocity loss had to do with not getting amped up enough in games.  That's more unsettling than if he regained the velo after injury healed.  He was back up to avg FB 96 on Sunday so there's that though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Kim replacing cmart in rotation. Open season for cmart / Reyes to take the job? Bunch of bums in there right now:

 

”The closer role, Shildt said, will be split among righthanders Ryan Helsley and Giovanny Gallegos and lefthanders Tyler Webb and Andrew Miller.”

I'm sorry i'll take the bait...in what world is Gallegos a bum???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cyberer said:

Kim replacing cmart in rotation. Open season for cmart / Reyes to take the job? Bunch of bums in there right now:

 

”The closer role, Shildt said, will be split among righthanders Ryan Helsley and Giovanny Gallegos and lefthanders Tyler Webb and Andrew Miller.”

 

what?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

Maddon doesn't role with committees at closer.  Buttrey until Robles gets the job back or Buttrey implodes

 

Buttrey has mostly looked like garbage.

 

Having said that, I don't trust Robles getting the job back.  Coach said the velocity loss had to do with not getting amped up enough in games.  That's more unsettling than if he regained the velo after injury healed.  He was back up to avg FB 96 on Sunday so there's that though.

My money is on Robles getting the job back in a week. I don’t think Buttrey is any good and amping up a pitcher shouldn’t be too complicated- give him a few Red Bulls, let him listen to some loud music in the bullpen, maybe punch him in the face a couple times. Problem solved.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

Maddon doesn't role with committees at closer.  Buttrey until Robles gets the job back or Buttrey implodes

 

Buttrey has mostly looked like garbage.

 

Having said that, I don't trust Robles getting the job back.  Coach said the velocity loss had to do with not getting amped up enough in games.  That's more unsettling than if he regained the velo after injury healed.  He was back up to avg FB 96 on Sunday so there's that though.

I think this explains things across the league.  Closers feed off adrenaline of the moment, and the fans in the stands.  Some players are likely benefitting from no fans, less distractions and thus more ability to just focus on the task at hand while others are probably struggling because of no fans.  in keeper leagues I'm holding nothing against bad seasons this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, meh2 said:

My money is on Robles getting the job back in a week. I don’t think Buttrey is any good and amping up a pitcher shouldn’t be too complicated- give him a few Red Bulls, let him listen to some loud music in the bullpen, maybe punch him in the face a couple times. Problem solved.

I think you found a new niche position for teams: Adrenaline Consultant

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Bass just blew a 4-1 lead in epic fashion serving up a 3-run shot to Cervelli. The Jays could turn to Jordan Romano at closer, he has 8 no-hit innings this season

I don't think one blown save gets the hook he's been solid otherwise. At least one more shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I don't think one blown save gets the hook he's been solid otherwise. At least one more shot.

 

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:


isn’t that the first runs he has allowed this year?

Sorry - wasn’t suggesting Bass will lose the job right now, just that Romano is definitely next in line until Giles comes back

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Bass just blew a 4-1 lead in epic fashion serving up a 3-run shot to Cervelli. The Jays could turn to Jordan Romano at closer, he has 8 no-hit innings this season

 

I doubt they give Bass the hook after one bad outing. Up to this point he's been mowing down batters like shooting fish in a barrel. Thank you and be sure to tip your bartenders and waiters!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s good info to keep in the back of your mind, especially if Bass craps the bed in his next opportunity.

I have no forgiveness in my heart for a pitcher that goes to a 3-0 count on Francisco Cervelli when he represents the tying run in a 4-1 game.  It all happened so quickly when I was following the game log, but I’m assuming that he grooved some butt fastball right down the heart of the plate.

That’s quite the collection of scrubs and outcasts down there in Miami.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

I doubt they give Bass the hook after one bad outing. Up to this point he's been mowing down batters like shooting fish in a barrel. Thank you and be sure to tip your bartenders and waiters!

 

Agreed, replacing him now would seem pretty fishy. Although if he's giving up bombs to Cervelli, he'd be dead in the water against Mike Trout (or Tim Salmon. I'll stop now).

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, meh2 said:

My money is on Robles getting the job back in a week. I don’t think Buttrey is any good and amping up a pitcher shouldn’t be too complicated- give him a few Red Bulls, let him listen to some loud music in the bullpen, maybe punch him in the face a couple times. Problem solved.

Robles already has a pretty amped up intro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...