urban2014

2020 August Closer Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Ty Buttrey continues to attempt to convince Maddon to give Robles another shot...

 

Maddon apparently not listening as Robles warming up with Angels down 8-4...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

 

Maddon apparently not listening as Robles warming up with Angels down 8-4...

Came in sitting mid 90's. I think he gets next crack at the job. Nobody else has claimed the role and Robles has shown life since being demoted. Struck out Chapman, Canha, Grossman. On 15 pitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Robles has been very solid since losing the gig

After today, I’m betting on him getting the next save chance. He looked like the version we saw last year hitting 97 several times. Buttrey is meh.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Rowan Wick In with a four run lead in the 7th with inherited runners to face Lindor and gives up the RBI single. Jeffress likely getting a save opp unless this goes sour.

Edited by ryno1980
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ryno1980 said:

Rowan Wick In with a four run lead in the 7th with inherited runners to face Lindor and gives up the RBI single. Jeffress likely getting a save opp unless this goes sour.

Hasn’t pitched since august 3rd so just a case of trying to give him some work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Hasn’t pitched since august 3rd so just a case of trying to give him some work?


I think it was mostly going to your best reliever with two on against their best hitter. But I’m not sure. Ross probably wants to give Kimbrel another shot at it unfortunately. Said he was encouraged by his last outing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ryno1980 said:


I think it was mostly going to your best reliever with two on against their best hitter. But I’m not sure. Ross probably wants to give Kimbrel another shot at it unfortunately. Said he was encouraged by his last outing. 

 

Yep. It seems like this is a committee to me 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aapox said:

 

Yep. It seems like this is a committee to me 😕

Any chance for Jeffress or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, herschel said:

Any chance for Jeffress or no?


He finished it off after Cubs added insurance runs. No save. Wick was great with 3 Ks in 1 1/3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Yeesh.  Rosenthal walks three.


and gets out of it, now 4/4 on saves and had been great so far this year till his struggles tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kintzler solid again tonight...minus missing losing the game by like 6" on a Tellez foul bomber that just missed the pole, but hey, it was foul. Should get the win here if the Marlins hold this 3 run lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, herschel said:

Any chance for Jeffress or no?

 

Seems like 55/45 Wick to Jeffress as of now, only giving a small bump to Wick because he's been given recent save opportunities. I have a feeling he's going to mix and match them, though. They've both been great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 12:06 AM, checkers said:

Rafael Montero .. top 5 RP ROS !!!

Another clean save again 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Now THAT was a big boy inning by Jansen. Comes in bases loaded no outs, K K groundout. 

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Now THAT was a big boy inning by Jansen. Comes in bases loaded no outs, K K groundout. 

No save? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tywalson said:

No save? :(

 

The tying run needs to be in the on-deck circle for it to be a save opportunity. He came in bases loaded with a 6-0 lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kela activated off the IL. Not sure how quickly they will plug him into the closer role, but it's not like they have anyone of consequence there now, so probably very soon if not immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Kela activated off the IL. Not sure how quickly they will plug him into the closer role, but it's not like they have anyone of consequence there now, so probably very soon if not immediately.

I’d expect immediately or maybe 1, 2 non save time ups at the most. Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Kela activated off the IL. Not sure how quickly they will plug him into the closer role, but it's not like they have anyone of consequence there now, so probably very soon if not immediately.

 

Manager said immediately.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edwin Diaz looking good again today (gun had him at 100, 2Ks). Still not super high-leverage with a 7-2 lead in the eighth, but it's something for those of us who have held on....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.