urban2014

2020 August Closer Thread

3 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Ty Buttrey continues to attempt to convince Maddon to give Robles another shot...

Maddon apparently not listening as Robles warming up with Angels down 8-4...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Maddon apparently not listening as Robles warming up with Angels down 8-4...

Came in sitting mid 90's. I think he gets next crack at the job. Nobody else has claimed the role and Robles has shown life since being demoted. Struck out Chapman, Canha, Grossman. On 15 pitches.

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Robles has been very solid since losing the gig

After today, I’m betting on him getting the next save chance. He looked like the version we saw last year hitting 97 several times. Buttrey is meh.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Rowan Wick In with a four run lead in the 7th with inherited runners to face Lindor and gives up the RBI single. Jeffress likely getting a save opp unless this goes sour.

Edited by ryno1980
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ryno1980 said:

Rowan Wick In with a four run lead in the 7th with inherited runners to face Lindor and gives up the RBI single. Jeffress likely getting a save opp unless this goes sour.

Hasn’t pitched since august 3rd so just a case of trying to give him some work?

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Hasn’t pitched since august 3rd so just a case of trying to give him some work?

I think it was mostly going to your best reliever with two on against their best hitter. But I’m not sure. Ross probably wants to give Kimbrel another shot at it unfortunately. Said he was encouraged by his last outing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ryno1980 said:

I think it was mostly going to your best reliever with two on against their best hitter. But I’m not sure. Ross probably wants to give Kimbrel another shot at it unfortunately. Said he was encouraged by his last outing. 

Yep. It seems like this is a committee to me 😕

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Yep. It seems like this is a committee to me 😕

Any chance for Jeffress or no?

10 minutes ago, herschel said:

He finished it off after Cubs added insurance runs. No save. Wick was great with 3 Ks in 1 1/3.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Yeesh.  Rosenthal walks three.

and gets out of it, now 4/4 on saves and had been great so far this year till his struggles tonight

Kintzler solid again tonight...minus missing losing the game by like 6" on a Tellez foul bomber that just missed the pole, but hey, it was foul. Should get the win here if the Marlins hold this 3 run lead.

33 minutes ago, herschel said:

Seems like 55/45 Wick to Jeffress as of now, only giving a small bump to Wick because he's been given recent save opportunities. I have a feeling he's going to mix and match them, though. They've both been great.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:06 AM, checkers said:

Rafael Montero .. top 5 RP ROS !!!

Another clean save again 😂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Now THAT was a big boy inning by Jansen. Comes in bases loaded no outs, K K groundout. 

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Now THAT was a big boy inning by Jansen. Comes in bases loaded no outs, K K groundout. 

No save? :(

Just now, tywalson said:

No save? :(

The tying run needs to be in the on-deck circle for it to be a save opportunity. He came in bases loaded with a 6-0 lead.

Kela activated off the IL. Not sure how quickly they will plug him into the closer role, but it's not like they have anyone of consequence there now, so probably very soon if not immediately.

6 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Kela activated off the IL. Not sure how quickly they will plug him into the closer role, but it's not like they have anyone of consequence there now, so probably very soon if not immediately.

I’d expect immediately or maybe 1, 2 non save time ups at the most. Agreed!

21 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Manager said immediately.

• Thanks 1

Edwin Diaz looking good again today (gun had him at 100, 2Ks). Still not super high-leverage with a 7-2 lead in the eighth, but it's something for those of us who have held on....

• Like 1