Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 August Closer Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

Nobody talking about Rogers coming in for the 8th and Romo for the 9th?

 

T Rogers pitched yesterday too yet still came in for the 8th...

I snagged Romo and holding Rodgers for now. But this looks like it could be a serious change of hand for a good MIN team.

Edited by LaryLuvstein
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LaryLuvstein said:

Nobody talking about Rogers coming in for the 8th and Romo for the 9th?

 

T Rogers pitched yesterday too yet still came in for the 8th...

I snagged Romo and holding Rodgers for now. But this looks like it could be a serious change of hand for a good MIN team.

 

I think that's just the nature of the Twins bullpen that occasionally matchups are going to dictate Romo over Rogers in the ninth. My guess is they wanted Romo against the two biggest righty bats -- Soler and Dozier -- and it ended up working out perfectly. I doubt this indicates a major change in roles, just that Romo stealing some saves come with the territory if you are a Rogers owner.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Jairo pulled in non-save situation. Would have been out if it not for an error, but still walked three guys. Estevez cleans it up with one pitch. This whole thing is ugly. Starting to think its not worth it.

My thoughts exactly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caelum said:

So Jairo Diaz has been terrible with a WHIP over 2 and needing to be bailed out in two of his last three, and Estevez is going for x-rays on his hand. Bard next?

 

I hope so but he hasn't been great lately either, surrendering runs in his last two appearances. Can't be worse that Jairo right now though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Blue Jays announcers wondering where Bass has been today. Two close games and nowhere to be seen. Doubt it's workload related as he as only pitched once since Tuesday.

 

Presumably saving him for a save situation, no? I saw Romano got the 8th which makes sense but he gave up a run to tie it up, so idk what they're talking about lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Blue Jays announcers wondering where Bass has been today. Two close games and nowhere to be seen. Doubt it's workload related as he as only pitched once since Tuesday.

 

23 minutes ago, street sharks said:

 

Presumably saving him for a save situation, no? I saw Romano got the 8th which makes sense but he gave up a run to tie it up, so idk what they're talking about lol


Bass unavailable with a “tight back”

AJ Cole pitched the 7th (and final) inning of a 1-run game and “blew it” (unearned run, but still)

Edited by smeeze
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, street sharks said:

 

Presumably saving him for a save situation, no? I saw Romano got the 8th which makes sense but he gave up a run to tie it up, so idk what they're talking about lol

 

Well they are not going to get a save situation in the second game as the home team once it hits extra innings and they sent out Wilmer Font and his 11.57 ERA, who promptly gave a up a two-run blast that ended up winning the game, so if they were saving him for something they are morons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aapox said:

Any Cards fans here? Who has a better chance to get save Opps between Gant and Reyes? Which one is better? And who walks people less? Thanks! 

 

That's a real deep cut, but Reyes seems a far better bet than Gant. I don't see Gant anywhere near save opportunities. Reyes might not be either, but at least it's plausible given his stuff. Miller and Gallegos seem ahead of either, not to mention Helsley if/when he comes back. And they were all behind Kim who was behind Martinez who was behind Hicks. That makes Gant 7th in line when this all started? 

As for walks, it might be something of a pick'em, but I'd again leans toward Reyes again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aapox said:

Any Cards fans here? Who has a better chance to get save Opps between Gant and Reyes? Which one is better? And who walks people less? Thanks! 

I've been all over this bullpen opportunity also, looking at the same two guys. Gant was so money last year for most of the season, I might just own him for all the potential long relief.

With Reyes, it sorta depends on whether he has it or not. I'm pretty intrigued. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Macgregor said:

I've been all over this bullpen opportunity also, looking at the same two guys. Gant was so money last year for most of the season, I might just own him for all the potential long relief.

With Reyes, it sorta depends on whether he has it or not. I'm pretty intrigued. 

 

I'm curious why you're so quick to write off Gallegos. He had 3 Ks in his first inning pitched and quite a bit of hype going into the season. What's changed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

I'm curious why you're so quick to write off Gallegos. He had 3 Ks in his first inning pitched and quite a bit of hype going into the season. What's changed?

I haven't written him off, he's just not available in my league and the original post only referred to those two. Sorry for the confusion.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Macgregor said:

I haven't written him off, he's just not available in my league and the original post only referred to those two. Sorry for the confusion.

 

Yep, same here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...