Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 August Closer Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hatfieldodger said:

He only has pitched 2 innings but looks filthy. Still think as others have said Miller is the closer for now and GG main set up guy. Maybe after a few more outings and a Miller implosion things could change but in S+H he’s a good pickup.


I think they’re going to mix and match these guys based on matchups. But I do think these are the 2 guys.

Up I55, it seems like we may have a 3 guy committee happening soon:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/if-cubs-craig-kimbrel-walks-closer-talks-closer-he-closer?amp

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

Rage dropped Hudson for Rainey this morning in a S+H league. Felt damn good after last night's implosion. His K9 is off the charts.

Also had to cut Taylor Williams after being brought in to pitch the 5th yesterday. Don't have time for that nonsense in this short season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, aapox said:


I think they’re going to mix and match these guys based on matchups. But I do think these are the 2 guys.

Up I55, it seems like we may have a 3 guy committee happening soon:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/if-cubs-craig-kimbrel-walks-closer-talks-closer-he-closer?amp


Add Carlos Martinez to the mix when he returns. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:


Add Carlos Martinez to the mix when he returns. 

 

With the amount of doubleheaders that the Cardinals are going to have to play my guess is that they are going to need CMart much more as a starter than at the back end. If he is in the bullpen, more likely a bulk role to give them innings.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

Was he not moved to rotation?

Link


Before he had COVID, yes. I don’t know what they’ll do. They moved Kim to the rotation and CMart has to ramp back up. I thought it would make more sense to get him back as a reliever. But who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Pressly with a nice 10th inning..1 hit allowed and 2 strikeouts

 

True, but also an IBB. And after he struck out Arenado with 1 out and Story on 3rd, they walked Murphy and then he hung a breaking ball and Tapia drove it into center for a single.

He had a good chance to hold them without a run for a really, really good shot at winning and wasn't able to. I'm not too worried about it and he still looked good, but a bummer, for sure.

(I like your condensed, optimistic version :))

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yency Almonte throws his name into the Rockies closer mix. Couldn't hold the one-run lead in the 10th but would have been a scoreless inning without the ghost runner. Bard worked a clean ninth.

(Please only read if truly desperate. Chasing Rockies saves not for the faint of heat)

 

Edited by JameisofThrones
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, aapox said:

 

True, but also an IBB. And after he struck out Arenado with 1 out and Story on 3rd, they walked Murphy and then he hung a breaking ball and Tapia drove it into center for a single.

He had a good chance to hold them without a run for a really, really good shot at winning and wasn't able to. I'm not too worried about it and he still looked good, but a bummer, for sure.

(I like your condensed, optimistic version :))


Yeah, Didn’t include the IBB because it had nothing to do with how he looked and what he was responsible for

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Yency Almonte throws his name into the Rockies closer mix. Couldn't hold the one-run lead in the 10th but would have been a scoreless inning without the ghost runner. Bard worked a clean ninth.

(Please only read if truly desperate. Chasing Rockies saves not for the faint of heat)

 

 

Yeah I'm out on Jairo Diaz now. The guy is walking way too many.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bradwatson said:

 

Also had to cut Taylor Williams after being brought in to pitch the 5th yesterday. Don't have time for that nonsense in this short season.

Sorry but this is a mistake.  He hadn't gotten work in a while and the last time he was randomly brought in in early innings / non-save situations two days in a row he actually got the save on day 3.

Yea it's a crappy situation and yea Hirano may complicate it but Taylor Williams is 100% the current SEA closer.

Edited by Magoo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...