Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 August Closer Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Barnes blew the save. SHOCKER.

13 minutes ago, B&F said:

Barnes does not seem to have any command.  That is his issue. 

Yeah I've been warning about him in this thread.  Of course I had a couple of injuries and needed some saves or holds and he was sitting out there on the wire so "stupid me" didn't listen to "brilliant me" and I blew my ratios tonight too, hah.  So "stupid me" finally sees the light and agrees he should not be owned ever again on any of my teams.  Of course I haven't heard from "imbecile me" yet so I still may be in trouble.

In the Rays game, Diego Castillo came in for the last out in the 7th up 3-2. Hoping we will see who gets the possible save opp, even if they go committee while Anderson is out, there will be a good amount of save opps to be had with this good Rays team.  

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

In the Rays game, Diego Castillo came in for the last out in the 7th up 3-2. Hoping we will see who gets the possible save opp, even if they go committee while Anderson is out, there will be a good amount of save opps to be had with this good Rays team.  

I’n guessing they’ll use Castillo as the fire man then whoever is available on the night for the 9th

Joe Jiménez who 💩  the bed in a non-save situation in the ninth.

A sleeper in the Tigers bullpen is Gregory Soto who is has gained some velocity this year and is throwing 97 from the left side with a wicked slider.

• Like 1

The one closer I decided to draft was Neris and now he's on his way out of a closer job, if not already.  Is there any reason to still hold him or am i better suited on taking a chance at a potential committee guy who might win a job?

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Workman - apparently being a Phillie does not jive with him - very shaky v ATL tonight after blowing it last night.

Converts in a photo finish at the plate after he gives up another knock.

Not thrilled with PHI Workman so far.

I'm honestly thinking about going no early closers in drafts from now on. Maybe this season is just weird idk. 

Left the draft with 2 (Giles, Leclerc, and Pom to an extent), ended up with 4 completely different ones (Pom, Hudson, Pressly, Montero) without making trades.

I think I'm beginning to understand this "don't pay for saves" mantra

• Like 3
Just now, fredo_corleone said:

Safe to assume that Wick is no longer closing out of CHC (or is second to Jeffress)? Asking since I have to choose between him or Taylor Williams. Thanks.

Chicago is a committee with Wick the presumable 1a based on what has happened, though who knows what WILL happen. Jeffress was just due for work after Wick pitched yesterday (and gave up a devestating 2 run HR, though it was his first given up in like 200 batters and to Jose Abreu who is ungodly hot and Cub killer) and Ross trusts them both.

I'd still pick Taylor Williams either way, though.

• Like 1