Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

8/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

Let’s go Civale! I just need some good ratios which seems like a tall task against that lineup but it’s all I’ve got. 

• Like 1

What a bunch of junk starters today for DFS..going to go cheap and try Dylan Cease against KC.  Loaded the rest of the lineup up with Braves, Rockies and Padres.

38 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Cespedes no showed today's game 😂

The last time I remember this happening was Daryl Kile..please don't laugh until we know what's going on.

• Like 1

Civale is having a bit of a rough day compared to his last game. 65 pitches through 3, and 5 hits with 3 earned runs. 6 strikeouts and no walks though. 

I dunno how many of y’all watch the White Sox but grandal just had a fantastic at bat. 2 out bases loaded went from a 1-2 to an RBI walk. 

20 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Civale is having a bit of a rough day compared to his last game. 65 pitches through 3, and 5 hits with 3 earned runs. 6 strikeouts and no walks though. 

After a good 4th inning, Civale is at 80 pitches and 8/0 k/bb.

His statline won't be what we want, but he's been squeezed today, leading to 10-15 extra pitches, 1-2 extra runs, 2-3 less K's.  Overall, still impressed with his whole repertoire and approach ....

• Like 1

I thought the Rays were supposed to be good.  Man they suck.  Could only get 1 run off of the O's pitching with Tommy freakin Milone starting.. smdh

11 minutes ago, motleyfoo said:

After a good 4th inning, Civale is at 80 pitches and 8/0 k/bb.

His statline won't be what we want, but he's been squeezed today, leading to 10-15 extra pitches, 1-2 extra runs, 2-3 less K's.  Overall, still impressed with his whole repertoire and approach ....

Agreed. If this is a bad outing we're in for a great year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Looked like it actually hit him in the meat of his forearm. Knowing he's had a bunch of hand injuries in the past I'd assume he should be fine after this one.

25 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Agreed. If this is a bad outing we're in for a great year.

He looked pretty damn good out there. Tons of movement on his secondaries and he can paint that 2 seamer. Retired his final 10 batters. 9K's and a QS against a loaded MIN lineup. Sign me UP!

• Like 2

Love watching Civale pitch. Another quality start with 9k’s in 6 innings. He just has great poise out there and command of all of his pitches. He’s attacking all 4 quadrants and every pitch seems to have good movement on them. Credit to whoever was recommending him in his player thread!

• Like 3

I just added Matt Kemp in all 10 of my leagues. Please don’t judge.

Mookie Betts left today’s game with a sore middle finger on his left hand.

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Mookie Betts left today’s game with a sore middle finger on his left hand.

🖕

• Haha 1

For shame!!!  All of you heathens merrily going about your day, still enjoying baseball after my death! Go now and enjoy a bowl of hearty Quaker Oats so that I may spare your souls.   Maybe become a farmer in my memory as I loved chickens and pigs and ducks.  I was kind of fond of nanny goats too, I was.  Go ahead do it.  You know it’s the right thing to do and the tasty way to do it!  

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Cespedes opted out for the rest of the season.  Had a weird way going about it not telling the Mets first.

Source is ESPN bottom of the screen stuff.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory