Sign in to follow this  
ST. STEVEN

Quintez Cephus 2020 Outlook

5th Rd pick outta Wisconsin. Most certainly not a blazer but can separate and go up and get it. G Allison has opted out and he is now the #4 WR with plenty of guys that have missed time in front of him--and they are all FAs next year as well. This kid can play, great deep dynasty target and nice last Rd Best Ball pick imo. Can see him mattering before the year is over.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I love to find the next guy as much as anyone but for any relevancy in 2020 he's gonna need multiple injuries ahead of him. 

Sure, I get that...but it is often the case for rookies or deep sleepers to get run--and it does occur plenty in the NFL.

Fwiw, he did see snaps with Stafford and the 1s yesterday. Even caught a nice 35 yd TD from Staffy.

Marvin jones missed some games last year and danny amendola is ancient. If he overtook amendola and stafford stayed healthy I can see taking a flyer on him in round 20 on draftkings bestball. Normally in rounds 19 and 20 i double dip on ford and grant miami wr on dk bestball.

Might be looking at a spot start Sun? Every article I read from the Athletic or otherwise said this QC was awesome in camp, he is gonna be a good pro!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Might be looking at a spot start Sun? Every article I read from the Athletic or otherwise said this QC was awesome in camp, he is gonna be a good pro!

Yeah, I was hoping he would stay under the radar a bit longer but with the recent Golladay news, people are soon gonna find out what he's capable of.

Pre-game walkthrough and he is lined up with 1st team, opposite M Jones. Let's go get it QC!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Pre-game walkthrough and he is lined up with 1st team, opposite M Jones. Let's go get it QC!

He is looking pretty good to be honest.

Only 3 for 43 but got 10 targets.  Any insight why he only caught 3 of his 10 targets?  If Golladay is out longer this could be a decent play for WR needy teams if the volume continues.  

He played 62 of 78 offensive snaps yesterday. Hock had 50 snaps and Amendola checked in with 43. Pretty clear they like the kid, and he will continue to get some run even when Golladay returns.

4 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Only 3 for 43 but got 10 targets.  Any insight why he only caught 3 of his 10 targets?  If Golladay is out longer this could be a decent play for WR needy teams if the volume continues.  

he got overthrown on a couple of them. Not the fastest guy but knows how to get open.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 7:11 AM, Fort4242 said:

He was top 5 in air yards this last week, and even got a couple RZ targets. Staffy was just not sharp, which shouldn't be a huge shock considering he hasn't played since the middle of last season. In fact, 5 of the 10 targets QC got were deemed 'uncatchable'...

I really think he warrants watching this week yet though. Golladay still not doing anything at practice. QC heads back to the state of WI to take on a beatable GB secondary. This has a lot of signs of being a shoot-out. Nice sleeper this week for deeper leagues.

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He was top 5 in air yards this last week, and even got a couple RZ targets. Staffy was just not sharp, which shouldn't be a huge shock considering he hasn't played since the middle of last season. In fact, 5 of the 10 targets QC got were deemed 'uncatchable'...

I really think he warrants watching this week yet though. Golladay still not doing anything at practice. QC heads back to the state of WI to take on a beatable GB secondary. This has a lot of signs of being a shoot-out. Nice sleeper this week for deeper leagues.

nice dynasty hold that’s for sure 

• Like 1

I got my eyes on him, those targets are nothing to shy away from, golladay will just reinjure himself when he comes back

Edited by CABLE87

Some more numbers:

He ran a route on 82.9% of Stafford's dropbacks and led the Lions in target share at 24.3%, as well as air yards (129)

Might need the 'fire it up' gif?

How abut a train rolling down the track with his face on the front...Love that!

Than I know my speculative add has arrived!

I picked up Cephus in my 16 teamer as an end of bench stash but he still has Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola to contend with for targets and that's not including the TE T.J. Hockenson.  The fact that he was targeted 10 times last game is good but the fact that he only hauled in 3 of them isn't.

This Lions WR core is injury prone and High risk according to Sports Injury Predictor.

All have a over 90% chance of being injured and estimates of 3 games and higher of missing games

According to sports injury predictor, there is a 99% chance Danny Boy gets hurt and misses 3 games.

M Jones is not far behind with a 91% chance of injury resulting in 4 games lost.

Golliday is also 91% and estimated to miss 3 games as well.

Cephaus will eat this year at the adults table!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mar1kle said:

This Lions WR core is injury prone and High risk according to Sports Injury Predictor.

All have a over 90% chance of being injured and estimates of 3 games and higher of missing games

According to sports injury predictor, there is a 99% chance Danny Boy gets hurt and misses 3 games.

M Jones is not far behind with a 91% chance of injury resulting in 4 games lost.

Golliday is also 91% and estimated to miss 3 games as well.

Cephaus will eat this year at the adults table!

Just picked him up in a 12-teamer...WRs are AJ brown, Keenan, Sutton, not a good start...this guy seems to have a higher upside than Marvin Jones, who is who he is. 10 targets in first game with no Golladay is seriously impressive. 

Who is starting this up and coming beast? lol

Air yards and target leader...and the game has a high over under. M. Jones will be locked up with Alexander IMO, and has not played well against the Pack lately and that's with Marvin Jones. 

On 9/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Some more numbers:

He ran a route on 82.9% of Stafford's dropbacks and led the Lions in target share at 24.3%, as well as air yards (129)

Might need the 'fire it up' gif?

I think he's a sneaky start of the week...saw some of the highlights last week. They had to switch Fuller onto him.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I think he's a sneaky start of the week...saw some of the highlights last week. They had to switch Fuller onto him.

Yep, I am playing him...actually him and Scooter Miller, already text the guy I playing and told him he's done and doesn't even know it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1