Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

8/3 - GAME DAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

Just now, BMcP said:

Anderson was coming off the IL and beat writer reported he would likely piggy-back with the likes of long-men like Burnes, Peralta or Lauer.

That does not = Burnes was expected to pitch tonight. You saying he was is misleading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnes is garbage...as expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A’s offense exorsizing some of their early season demons with an 8-run inning.  3 infield singles though, lol.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Really?  He was not projected to start in my Yahoo league. There was no green check mark or update saying he was expected to pitch today. 


relying on a “green” check mark from YAHOO as your source of info

🤣🤣🤣

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very mediocre-to-poor start for Buehler. again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

That does not = Burnes was expected to pitch tonight. You saying he was is misleading. 

Ok dude.

He was the first MR named by McCalvey to take over for Anderson mid-way through the game.  Define your expectations accordingly.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 80version said:

A’s offense exorsizing some of their early season demons with an 8-run inning.  3 infield singles though, lol.. 

 

Whew - it took Bryan Shaw 8 batters to get 1 out.  4 hits, 4 ER, 2 BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Very mediocre-to-poor start for Buehler. again.

He actually came to life and looked like himself in that last inning. It was a pretty ugly start.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He actually came to life and looked like himself in that last inning. It was a pretty ugly start.

Seconded - it looked like his official welcome to the 2020 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick loss for Burdi. All over the place tonight. Thankfully he was on the road in a tie game, so the damage is limited to 1 run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Padres might be able to challenge the Dodgers for the division. That would be something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BMcP said:

Ok dude.

He was the first MR named by McCalvey to take over for Anderson mid-way through the game.  Define your expectations accordingly.

Ya except you didn't say that in your initial post I replied to 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Ya except you didn't say that in your initial post I replied to 🙄

Except it pretty much was:

   11 hours ago,  BMcP said: 

Anderson was coming off the IL and beat writer reported he would likely piggy-back with the likes of long-men like Burnes, Peralta or Lauer.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Except it pretty much was:

   11 hours ago,  BMcP said: 

Anderson was coming off the IL and beat writer reported he would likely piggy-back with the likes of long-men like Burnes, Peralta or Lauer.

"Petty much" is not the same as the same.  It did not have the same level of detail...first post was vague in terms of when, second post referred to a specific game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this