dsrich

Dynasty start up draft, pick 8

Never done dynasty. I am on clock at 8 and have some options-

Hill, Cook, Hopkins, Adams

I am between hill and cook. Coin flip, right? I guess you can argue either way..

Any thoughts?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dsrich said:

I am between hill and cook. Coin flip, right? I guess you can argue either way..

Any thoughts?

All 4 have pros and cons.

Hill has an amazing situation with one of the best QBs in the league (but one day he might get arrested again). Cook is a great RB, but much will depend on whether they get that deal done. Adams and Hopkins are still only 27 and 28 but still should have some good years ahead of them.

Good luck!

Btw I assume this is PPR?

Edited by Boudewijn

12 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

All 4 have pros and cons.

Hill has an amazing situation with one of the best QBs in the league (but one day he might get arrested again). Cook is a great RB, but much will depend on whether they get that deal done. Adams and Hopkins are still only 27 and 28 but still should have some good years ahead of them.

Good luck!

Btw I assume this is PPR?

Yes full ppr. Couple of bonus points for 40 yard touchdowns and 100 yard receiving.

yes you made great points, it’s truly just a flip I think. I understand wanting elite backs but hill is more likely to have more years left given his position and team. Whatever position I take, would try to take the other position on the wrap around (pick 17 since 12 team).

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dsrich said:

Any thoughts?

Personally I would go with Cook, finding RB talent like that is hard

Edited by hockeyfan77
  • Like 2

Avoid Cook that dude is made of glass & he likely will sit out all of 2020 just like his pal Lev Bell did not too long ago. Pick Hopkins easily!! 

15 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Avoid Cook that dude is made of glass & he likely will sit out all of 2020 just like his pal Lev Bell did not too long ago. Pick Hopkins easily!! 

Wow Hopkins? Isn’t the age thing a factor.

I’d be happy with any of these. But I’d probably gamble and draft CEH since it is dynasty. I’m not sure you lose much from Cook to CEH in year one, but future seems great for CEH since he is locked into KC offense and on rookie deal. Cook injury concern, and contract scenario add some risk.

If you don’t like CEH my order is Cook, Adams, Hill, Hopkins. I think you grab a great RB and good WR can fall to you on second pick. 

• Like 1

I think id go tyreek hill here. especially with the long td bonus

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I’d be happy with any of these. But I’d probably gamble and draft CEH since it is dynasty. I’m not sure you lose much from Cook to CEH in year one, but future seems great for CEH since he is locked into KC offense and on rookie deal. Cook injury concern, and contract scenario add some risk.

If you don’t like CEH my order is Cook, Adams, Hill, Hopkins. I think you grab a great RB and good WR can fall to you on second pick. 

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I think id go tyreek hill here. especially with the long td bonus

Pretty obvious there isn’t a clear answer. I like CEH but not first round. There’s a chance he falls to round 2 and I can grab him pick 7. We have a separate rookie draft but the order is determined by where we pick kickers in the main draft. So if I draft a kicker first, it’s basically like CEH.

I’m thinking the possible combos would be either:

Cook - Golladay/Moore/JuJu

Hill/Hopkins - Henry/Sanders/CEH

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dsrich said:

Pretty obvious there isn’t a clear answer. I like CEH but not first round. There’s a chance he falls to round 2 and I can grab him pick 7. We have a separate rookie draft but the order is determined by where we pick kickers in the main draft. So if I draft a kicker first, it’s basically like CEH.

I’m thinking the possible combos would be either:

Cook - Golladay/Moore/JuJu

Hill/Hopkins - Henry/Sanders/CEH

Cook/Moore is nice.

Hill/Henry is good.

I don’t think Sanders or CEH fall to you at your second pick. With the news Damien Williams opted out people have bumped CEH to around RB 5 or 6. If you looks at ppr redraft rankings on cbssports you will see they have CEH at rank 6 overall for Eisenberg and Richardson. He can only be better ranked for dynasty. I’m not arguing if you don’t want him. But rather pointing out you shouldn’t get your hopes up of seeing CEH in the second round. Here is a good video, if you scroll to 2:30 you can hear some interesting stats...  

So, for me if I were you I’d go Butker in the first(essentially CEH) and Moore in the second.

CEH/Moore seems pretty sweet and top kick gets a little extra point for you as a bonus. 

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Cook/Moore is nice.

Hill/Henry is good.

I don’t think Sanders or CEH fall to you at your second pick. With the news Damien Williams opted out people have bumped CEH to around RB 5 or 6. If you looks at ppr redraft rankings on cbssports you will see they have CEH at rank 6 overall for Eisenberg and Richardson. He can only be better ranked for dynasty. I’m not arguing if you don’t want him. But rather pointing out you shouldn’t get your hopes up of seeing CEH in the second round. Here is a good video, if you scroll to 2:30 you can hear some interesting stats...  

So, for me if I were you I’d go Butker in the first(essentially CEH) and Moore in the second.

CEH/Moore seems pretty sweet and top kick gets a little extra point for you as a bonus. 

Appreciate the insights. Man, this is tough!

I think CEH is in a perfect situation but the thought of taking him first round.... just seems risky given he has not stepped foot on the field yet. I know the potential is there and he's the clear cut #1 rookie.

I know this is a full PPR league but I’d be looking to build around stable rbs with considerable upside for the foreseeable future. I’d likely be choosing rb with first 2 picks. Players like CEH, Sanders, Jacobs - first or second year backs you should hopefully be able to count on for 4-5 years plus. Yes there is some risk but this is dynasty right and you’re missing out on the cheat code backs in CMC and Barkley so that would likely be my approach. WR there are a heap of great second and first year options I would pick in later rounds plus veterans to keep you competitive. Examples - Metcalf, McLaurin, Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson are obvious ones.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Black_Panther said:

I know this is a full PPR league but I’d be looking to build around stable rbs with considerable upside for the foreseeable future. I’d likely be choosing rb with first 2 picks. Players like CEH, Sanders, Jacobs - first or second year backs you should hopefully be able to count on for 4-5 years plus. Yes there is some risk but this is dynasty right and you’re missing out on the cheat code backs in CMC and Barkley so that would likely be my approach. WR there are a heap of great second and first year options I would pick in later rounds plus veterans to keep you competitive. Examples - Metcalf, McLaurin, Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson are obvious ones.

I agree. It might be worthwhile for me to grab two back early (maybe Cook/Sanders) and then target guys you mention. I also like Ridley, Kirk.