Eddie Mush

Kwang Hyun Kim 2020 Outlook

42 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

0.44 ERA in 4 starts is not good for fantasy apparently 🤷🏽‍♂️

Of course it is. But we're talking about expectations going forward. Might he be a guy who exceeds peripherals? Absolutely. Might he be a guy who lives up to expectations in the long run, but continues a spectacular finish to the season? Also yes.

His fip is 3.79. His xfip and SIERA are both over 5. He has a meh swinging strike rate of 8.3. He doesn't throw a lot of first pitch strikes. His velocity isn't all that great. He doesn't have a special groundball rate. What's the appeal? The magic so far and hoping it continues? By all means, continue that gamble. The era has been fabulous. I still think it's going to blow up in people's faces. I don't know when it's going to happen, but I am all in on it coming down the pipeline. 

• Like 1

I sold him after tonight's start. I think he can be a solid starter, but I just didn't trust the peripherals. 

10 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Of course it is. But we're talking about expectations going forward. Might he be a guy who exceeds peripherals? Absolutely. Might he be a guy who lives up to expectations in the long run, but continues a spectacular finish to the season? Also yes.

His fip is 3.79. His xfip and SIERA are both over 5. He has a meh swinging strike rate of 8.3. He doesn't throw a lot of first pitch strikes. His velocity isn't all that great. He doesn't have a special groundball rate. What's the appeal? The magic so far and hoping it continues? By all means, continue that gamble. The era has been fabulous. I still think it's going to blow up in people's faces. I don't know when it's going to happen, but I am all in on it coming down the pipeline. 

I feel like there is going to be a hurricane in the United States. I don't know where and I don't know when but Im all in on the fact that another one will come down the pipeline at some point.

Its nice to own Kim and would be a killer name for a hurricane.

Well at least for once it wasn't a pitcher's arm, shoulder, wrist, hand or elbow.

Sat, Sep 5

Kwang-Hyun Kim was admitted to the emergency room Friday and was diagnosed with a kidney ailment.

Advice: Kim was healthy and on track to start Sunday but he began feeling abdominal pain early Friday and went to the hospital. He remained hospitalized Saturday but was expected to be released shortly before returning to St. Louis. There's hope that he'll be back before season's end, but it's pretty open-ended at this point. Dakota Hudson will be pushed back to start Sunday in Kim's place, and Carlos Martinez is a good bet to take Kim's rotation spot for however long he's out. The southpaw is 2-0 with a 0.83 ERA in 21 2/3 innings of work this year.

More: St. Louis Post-Dispatch                  (Rotoworld.com)

Hopefully it isn't something major if he is being released on Sunday.

Pitching tomorrow. Looks like he is lined up for 2 starts this week, against the Brewers and Pirates

Edited by Rhandome