Panthers8912

2020 Late Round Sleepers

27 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Nyhiem Hines will be this years late round League Winner 

He's on a couple of my teams so I hope he is but I think that's very wishful thinking.  The Colts have the rookie Taylor and Marlon Mack for early down work leaving Hines to take 3rd downs, 2 minute drills and to be in when the Colts are playing from behind.  I know that Philip Rivers loves throwing to his rb's but I don't see Hines having a season similar to the one that Austin Ekeler had last year because of the presence of Taylor and Mack.  I think the best case scenario for Hines is a useful bye week filler in PPR leagues.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Nyhiem Hines will be this years late round League Winner 

Why? Indy defense is good. They run the ball extraordinarily well. Their division will not get in an immense amount of shootouts.

Hines will be nothing special....unless Rivers throws 30 INTs. 

On 8/6/2020 at 5:45 AM, turner46 said:

Fun fact on the ^aforementioned Corey Davis. He was drafted before Mike Williams and has more yards and receptions then Williams (skewed by Williams getting hurt but still). Last we saw Davis he had more targets then AJ Brown in the playoff loss to the Chiefs. He's also entering his 1st NFL season without Mariota as his starting QB and for the first time likely won't be drawing the opposing defenses top corner. In a contract year too.

He’s also on the PUP soooo

Posted (edited)

Here are some later round thoughts

Every single piece of the NYG offense besides Barkley is being underrated. Golden Tate most of all. I like all of them at their current price, but Tate the most. 

Miami’s run game is being undervalued. Personally I prefer Brieda, but I can’t blame a late 8th/early 9th dart throw at Howard. 

Will Fuller at 8.02 is total insanity. One of my favorite cheap buys this year

Diving deeper: I really like Allen Lazard, Jamison Crowder, Jonnu Smith, Boston Scott, Duke Johnson, and Teddy Bridgewater. 

Edited by Experienced Rookie

1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Here are some later round thoughts

Every single piece of the NYG offense besides Barkley is being underrated. Golden Tate most of all. I like all of them at their current price, but Tate the most. 

Miami’s run game is being undervalued. Personally I prefer Brieda, but I can’t blame a late 8th/early 9th dart throw at Howard. 

Will Fuller at 8.02 is total insanity. One of my favorite cheap buys this year

Diving deeper: I really like Allen Lazard, Jamison Crowder, Jonnu Smith, Boston Scott, Duke Johnson, and Teddy Bridgewater. 

Agree with Jones but you need a solid QB to get through the early schedule. The WRs are all good, but the problem is when you have 4 non-alpha receivers, you have none. They will all take turns, and need injury / trade to make it not as muddy. Shepard and Engram are definitely the definition of injury prone however. 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Agree with Jones but you need a solid QB to get through the early schedule. The WRs are all good, but the problem is when you have 4 non-alpha receivers, you have none. They will all take turns, and need injury / trade to make it not as muddy. Shepard and Engram are definitely the definition of injury prone however. 

They do have an alpha. His name is Golden😉

WR24 after coming off suspension in week 5. He’s the 53rd WR drafted in 2020. Stupid value. 

10 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

They do have an alpha. His name is Golden😉

WR24 after coming off suspension in week 5. He’s the 53rd WR drafted in 2020. Stupid value. 

He had a 15% TD rate (not sustainable for a guy who's never had more than 7 in a single season) with Evan Engram hobbled all year and Saquon hobbled as well. Slayton is emerging and Shepard when healthy is a decent force. I'm not buying any Giants WR standing out until injuries occur again. 

Won’t overpay for a giants receiver but if they’re sitting there late enough will definitely grab Slayton or Tate. Daniel Jones is definitely my preferred sophomore qb option given Kyler Murray is being drafted fairly early and not totally convinced on Drew Lock and think as someone else said presents the best value Giants player this season, in part to all the quality receivers he has to use.

39 minutes ago, Black_Panther said:

Won’t overpay for a giants receiver but if they’re sitting there late enough will definitely grab Slayton or Tate. Daniel Jones is definitely my preferred sophomore qb option given Kyler Murray is being drafted fairly early and not totally convinced on Drew Lock and think as someone else said presents the best value Giants player this season, in part to all the quality receivers he has to use.

I drafted Daniel Jones later to be my qb1 and paired him with another decent qb in a couple of leagues that I'm in.  As you stated, Jones has a lot of weapons to throw to and I think he'll finish top 10 at the very least this season.  He also likes to run which is another bonus.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:31 PM, Flyman75 said:

For starters, the bolded sentence is incorrect. That was his season total. In three games with Arizona, he caught 6 of 10 targets for 102 and 2 TD. 

As for his prospects in Arizona, we'll see. Nuk is in town now, and Fitz and Kirk are still there. Plus Drake and Edmonds out of the backfield. I just don't see that many targets for Arnold, even if he becomes the primary TE. 

Agree.  AZ had a TE on the field only 28% of the time last season.  They got 53 targets as a whole in that offense last season.  

A few of my late round ideas:

Golden Tate, WR, NYG

Daniel Jones, QB, NYG

Jonnu Smith, TE, TEN

DeSean Jackson, WR, PHI

Boston Scott, RB, PHI

Justin Jackson, RB, LAC

Bryan Edwards, WR, LVR

Anthony McFarland, RB, PIT

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He had a 15% TD rate (not sustainable for a guy who's never had more than 7 in a single season) with Evan Engram hobbled all year and Saquon hobbled as well. Slayton is emerging and Shepard when healthy is a decent force. I'm not buying any Giants WR standing out until injuries occur again. 

Well then you won’t be buying them at all. Every one of these guys will be on a roster when/if an injury occurs. 

From what I’ve seen from Engram and Shepard...I feel pretty confident one or both will miss time. 

Golden Tate stands as one of my safest late round picks of the year. 

1 hour ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Slayton will be the Giants best WR moving forward. Huge value pick 

I agree.

• Like 1

NKeal Harry.

Brady was a deush the last few years, having no desire or patience to make any of the young guys or new additions get better.  6 Rings, yeah I get it, but he was an insufferable turd the last 2 seasons.  I don't think he attended either mini camp in that time, which is vital for those young guys.  I'll even go as far as saying we would all think DK Metcalf is a massive bust if he was drafted by New England.  They don't throw the type of balls that Russell Wilson did to DK, in New England, he would have been a jacked lawn ornament in Foxboro.  So circling back to NKeal, I think Newton's style of play will open up a lot of opportunities for Harry, and would not be surprised at all if he eclipses 1,000 yards.  

Projection:

64 - 1,050 - 6

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

NKeal Harry.

Brady was a deush the last few years, having no desire or patience to make any of the young guys or new additions get better.  6 Rings, yeah I get it, but he was an insufferable turd the last 2 seasons.  I don't think he attended either mini camp in that time, which is vital for those young guys.  I'll even go as far as saying we would all think DK Metcalf is a massive bust if he was drafted by New England.  They don't throw the type of balls that Russell Wilson did to DK, in New England, he would have been a jacked lawn ornament in Foxboro.  So circling back to NKeal, I think Newton's style of play will open up a lot of opportunities for Harry, and would not be surprised at all if he eclipses 1,000 yards.  

Projection:

64 - 1,050 - 6

It’s a bit of a shame we are not seeing any preseason games to assess Harry. Definitely worth a late round flier. I’m targeting him for sure.

Some of my favorites so far:

QB: 2 guys have great looking early season schedules as low cost streamers

• Garoppolo (ARi, NYG, NYJ),
  • Bridgewater(LV, TB, LAC).  .  

RB

• Peterson: Not a strong bet to finish the year as the primary back, but I think he's highly likely to lead the pack for the first month, maybe longer.   Probably startable in a pinch while you work the rest of your roster out
  • McKinnon: They're not keeping him around to ride the bench.  Doubtful he plays 16 games but i think he's higher floor than most would realize when he's active.  

WR

• Sims: Already mentioned in detail- looks to be the clear #2 WR on his team, finished the season strong
  • DeSean Jackson:  Another poor bet to stay healthy, but he'll be that for week 1 at least, and he's able to put up big weeks
  • Breshad Perriman: Default starter, defense lost its two best players, not much else for Darnold to target
  • Mike Williams:  In three years, has a 1K season and a 10TD one.   Offense is not looking great but he's pretty low cost and clearly has ability.   Good speculative low risk pick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

Some of my favorites so far:

QB: 2 guys have great looking early season schedules as low cost streamers

• Garoppolo (ARi, NYG, NYJ),
  • Bridgewater(LV, TB, LAC).  .  

RB

• Peterson: Not a strong bet to finish the year as the primary back, but I think he's highly likely to lead the pack for the first month, maybe longer.   Probably startable in a pinch while you work the rest of your roster out
  • McKinnon: They're not keeping him around to ride the bench.  Doubtful he plays 16 games but i think he's higher floor than most would realize when he's active.  

WR

• Sims: Already mentioned in detail- looks to be the clear #2 WR on his team, finished the season strong
  • DeSean Jackson:  Another poor bet to stay healthy, but he'll be that for week 1 at least, and he's able to put up big weeks
  • Breshad Perriman: Default starter, defense lost its two best players, not much else for Darnold to target
  • Mike Williams:  In three years, has a 1K season and a 10TD one.   Offense is not looking great but he's pretty low cost and clearly has ability.   Good speculative low risk pick

Love the QB picks. I'd lean Jimmy G...the panthers are going to struggle I think with the new coach, new QB, new offense, new everything. Teddy B is alright, but even with a terrible defense, the panthers might be really easy to defend since they may find themselves down 14-0 pretty easily. CMAC dumpoff city baby. 

I'm also feeling good about Jared Goff this year- his stats really stabilized late last year, and he has Dallas week 1- shootout potential. Also have Daniel Jones, but need one of those lower cost guys like Goff or above to offset Jone's terrible schedule.

RBs: Duke Johnson is dirt cheap

WRs: Aiyuk is dirt cheap, guaranteed opportunity hopefully, Cobb is dirt cheap, should be a good source of receptions in the slot and has more value if / when David Johnson and Fuller go down. I personally "cuffed" Cobb to Fuller in a deep league

TEs: Doyle...might surprise with Rivers targeting his tight ends. Hockenson- looked legit-ish last year, was hobbled, now on a medium pass-happy offense and healthy in year 2. Lions have no "target hogs", so he could surprise

Basically waited as late as I could and snatched up depth to get the QBs and TEs above at dirt cheap prices

• Like 1

Did not realize that Dissly was a full go to start the season. Haven't even seen him taken in any mocks I've had. Definitely game as an end of bench spot/2nd TE. He's been a TE1 in the rare times he has been healthy.

6 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Hunter Renfrow for PPR

Adding him to my list as well.  That was a decent rookie season, he out-targeted everyone but Waller.  In a normal offseason i'd expect him to take a back seat to Ruggs and Edwards, but that's gonna take some time.   I figure his role is defined and he'll have a decent weekly floor- good enough.  

8 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Hunter Renfrow for PPR

Renfrow seems to be phased out. Ruggs is taking his slot position, so I just don’t see a consistent path to playing time for Renfrow.