Sign in to follow this  
MikeCat95

Ohtani or JD Martinez in dynasty? WHIR

Who would you rather have going forward in a regular 5x5 Roto league where you keep forever. Thanks! WHIR.

This may be the unpopular idea but I would go Ohtani. JD is 7 years older than Ohtani, that's huge. Yes JD probably will be better the next year or two but I think the Angels are going to make Ohtani just focus on hitting, and ask him to stop pitching. If Ohtani get 600 Plate Appearances a season, he's a damn good offensive player, and someone you would want year to year. Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

This may be the unpopular idea but I would go Ohtani. JD is 7 years older than Ohtani, that's huge. Yes JD probably will be better the next year or two but I think the Angels are going to make Ohtani just focus on hitting, and ask him to stop pitching. If Ohtani get 600 Plate Appearances a season, he's a damn good offensive player, and someone you would want year to year. Just my 2 cents.

X2

Ohtani will soon become a hitter only.  He will also find a position in the field, probably outfield or 1B.  With enough games to qualify at a 

position.  Once he focuses on hitting, he has the skill to produce in the 35/20 .285 range with 180-190 runs/rbi combined.

That's a tough one. Depends on your team, I guess. If you're looking to win over the next 2-3 years then it's JD hands down. But if you're looking at a rebuild then it's Ohtani for sure.

Help here? 

On 8/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, Rush2112 said:

X2

Did Rush really just suggest that someone take a guy that throws pitches over a hitter?

Troll card revoked. 

• Haha 1