Flyman75

Thoughts on my draft strategy?

12-team, half PPR, TE is full PPR, keep 3 with rounds attached (-1 each season kept)...1st rd keepers and 1st rd picks must go back into the draft the following season. Start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, Def.

My keepers: Mixon-2nd, MAndrews-9th, Kamara-10th. 

My draft picks: 1.04, 1.06, 2.05 (Mixon), 4.07, 4.11, 6.01, 6.03, 7.06, 7.10...then we have picks over rounds 8-17, but I won't list them all. 

One of the quirks of our league is that any rookie drafted in the first four rounds can be a 4th round keeper the following season. For instance, Saquon Barkley was picked 1st overall when he was a rookie and became a 4th round keeper the next year...was a 3rd round last year...2nd round this year. 

So, while I will of course remain flexible, I'm considering 4 options with my 1.04 and 1.06 picks. Not sure about the guy with the 1.03, but I'm quite sure that Zeke Elliott and CEH will be the 1.01 and 1.02 picks. 

1. Consider strongly the fact that this season could go sideways and that it may be better to plan for the future. Because I can keep rookies in the 4th round the following season, select two of Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift, JK Dobbins, and Cam Akers...then go WR-WR in the 4th. 

2. Take the top WR available (Adams, Julio, and Nuk are all getting tossed back) and then a RB (one of the rookies or Bell, DJ, Gurley). Then go WR-WR in the 4th. 

3. Take two of Adams-Julio-Nuk and enter the 4th round with two WR1s, two RB1s, and a top 5 TE. Allows me to go BPA in the 4th. If I believe the season will go off without a hitch, this is where I lean. 

4. Because TEs get full PPR, grab Kelce at the 1.04 and either Adams or Julio at the 1.06. Better nail my 4th round picks if I go this route, especially because I believe a guy like Hurst or Gesicki will be available mid-late and could be very productive TEs. 

Thoughts on where you'd lean? My biggest concern is drafting Adams-Julio or Kelce-Adams and then the season getting canceled and it not mattering that I have them...and then regretting not going with the rookie RBs. But on the other hand, I'd hate to go with two rookie RBs and then the full season is played out. 

41 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

1. Consider strongly the fact that this season could go sideways and that it may be better to plan for the future. Because I can keep rookies in the 4th round the following season, select two of Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift, JK Dobbins, and Cam Akers...then go WR-WR in the 4th. 

I like this. I also like all 4 of these, they're all in good spots. I own Akers and Swift but that's because Taylor/Dobbins were already gone.

43 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

4. Because TEs get full PPR, grab Kelce at the 1.04

I also like that and then I would still follow up with a RB rookie at 1.06. This is probably even better.

In .5 PPR stud RBs are worth more than WRs, so that's worth investing a bit. Of course they also break a lot, so it won't hurt to stock up on them and then you still got a host of picks in the 4th round where there should still be good WRs left.

• Thanks 1

You already have andrews so id go with RB first and then WR. Jonathan Taylor or Dobbins and then a stud WR.

• Thanks 1

You got an elite TE already, load up on RB's like a madman!!