indycolts88

Touki Toussaint 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I did not see a thread here, so I figured it may be worth starting one.  

I have to believe he will remain a semi-regular rotation fixture for the Braves after they released Folty and Soroka was lost for the year.  

Talent has never at all been the issue for him.  He has battled with control, but he has one of the best curveballs in baseball clearly.  He’s only 24 still as well.  

Very impressive in his last two outings, and he now has 20 strikeouts scattered across 13.1 innings this year.  I think there is some definite mixed league appeal.

Edited by indycolts88

impressive last two outings.  Next start looks like @ yankees.  May want to see how he does there.

Posted (edited)

He has the pedigree.  His 2018 was pretty impressive, spending time at AA, AAA, and the majors.  Seemed to lose his feel last year.  His first outing this year was an ugly 2 2/3 IP RP appearances, where he gave up 6 runs, but also had 6 K's.  In his 2 starts he's now gone 10 2/3 with 3 earned runs, 14k's and only 3 walks (all in 1st start).  I think he has a chance to be a solid guy this year, with some great starts and a stinker or two thrown in.  In keeper leagues, I would target him now.

Edited by svdude
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, svdude said:

He has the pedigree.  His 2018 was pretty impressive, spending time at AA, AAA, and the majors.  Seemed to lose his feel last year.  His first outing this year was an ugly 2 2/3 IP RP appearances, where he gave up 6 runs, but also had 6 K's.  In his 2 starts he's now gone 10 2/3 with 3 earned runs, 14k's and only 3 walks (all in 1st start).  I think he has a chance to be a solid guy this year, with some great starts and a stinker or two thrown in.  In keeper leagues, I would target him now.

I literally picked him up just now in my 12-team keeper. If I’m waiting to see how he does against the Yanks, I’m going to miss out.

If any of you are on the fence, especially in a keeper/dynasty, probably ought to snag him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaGreatest said:

Shhh keep it quiet in here!!!!

Better get him now before it gets much louder in here!

4 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Nope, not starting him tomorrow...Thanks for the article!

Will he have a 2nd start this week vs Mia?

Definitely not starting him against NYY! I hope he dominates (being a huge Braves fan) but he could easily blow up ratios. 

14 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Will he have a 2nd start this week vs Mia?

I tend to doubt it cause they have Thursday off but you never know 

What the heck happened to this guy? Once such a prized young arm looking to join the show. Not doing anything to show he's ready for it.

2 minutes ago, k.k. said:

What the heck happened to this guy? Once such a prized young arm looking to join the show. Not doing anything to show he's ready for it.

I don't think he was ever that "prized"

Got a lot of hype with a good fastball and a cool name.  If his name was Greg Abbott he’d be managing a PetSmart in Marietta right now and wouldnt have a rotoworld thread.

• Haha 4