Bandito

Decline this offer?

This isn't doing much for me.  Thought I'd run it by you guys to see if I'm missing something.

12 team PPR, deep keeper.  I don't pick until round three, so will not be able to draft any good rookies.  Offer is:

His: Christian Kirk, 7.04, 7.11 and 8.01 for

My: Preston Williams, 3.07 and 3.11

I am maybe overly-enthusiastic about Williams.  I concede Kirk is probably better in 2020, but I love Williams long-term (especially with the potential to eventually be the best WR on his team, which Kirk won't be).  And I have a lot of good keeper options at WR (Woods, Boyd, Metcalf, Hollywood, Williams).  

Given the disparity in draft picks in this deal, am I wrong to decline?  Frankly, I think if I'm making a deal, it should be for a RB (I have Barkley, Mostert, Kerryon and Guice - oops!).  So, basically Barkley and Mostert

36 minutes ago, Bandito said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely not. Garbage offer. Turn around & make a horrible offer for a strong RB1 to make your point 😄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Absolutely not. Garbage offer. Turn around & make a horrible offer for a strong RB1 to make your point 😄

He actually has Gordon on the block. While I wouldn’t call Gordon a strong RB1 with Lindsay behind him, he’d actually be a decent add to my team.

Rather than make a counter, I may just tell him anything he offers me needs to include Gordon, and see if I get a response. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bandito said:

He actually has Gordon on the block. While I wouldn’t call Gordon a strong RB1 with Lindsay behind him, he’d actually be a decent add to my team.

Rather than make a counter, I may just tell him anything he offers me needs to include Gordon, and see if I get a response. 

Since he has Gordon on the block, don’t offer any more than Williams & a 4th for him. You need to keep those 2 3rd rounders

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Since he has Gordon on the block, don’t offer any more than Williams & a 4th for him. You need to keep those 2 3rd rounders

+1

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, Bandito said:

This isn't doing much for me.  Thought I'd run it by you guys to see if I'm missing something.

12 team PPR, deep keeper.  I don't pick until round three, so will not be able to draft any good rookies.  Offer is:

I am maybe overly-enthusiastic about Williams.  I concede Kirk is probably better in 2020, but I love Williams long-term (especially with the potential to eventually be the best WR on his team, which Kirk won't be).  And I have a lot of good keeper options at WR (Woods, Boyd, Metcalf, Hollywood, Williams).  

Given the disparity in draft picks in this deal, am I wrong to decline?  Frankly, I think if I'm making a deal, it should be for a RB (I have Barkley, Mostert, Kerryon and Guice - oops!).  So, basically Barkley and Mostert

Horrible offer. I hate offers like that because it doesn't even open in such a way as to have a reasonable counter. It's offers like these I just decline, and then the other guy comes back and says, "Hey, I was just tossing something out there to get us talking about a deal. Why didn't you counter?" And that's when I tell him to take a long leap of a tall cliff. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

Thread closed!

• Like 1