Recommended Posts

12 team .5 PPR dynasty league. 
 

Guice was cut in my league. I have the #1 waiver claim, so if I want him, I will get him. I know we don’t know what will happen to him, but I have the room to stash him if I decide to go that route. 

If I use it on him, I will go down to #12 on the waiver. I’m wondering if it is better to hold out and see if anyone better is dropped to use my #1 waiver on before the season (waivers reset once the season starts). 

I also saw where he apparently injured his knee before getting arrested too. Worth it or just hold on to my #1 claim? I would more then likely drop Gio. 
 

My team:

QB- Mahomes, Carr, Minshew (TS), Winston

RB- Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, A Jones, Akers (TS), Boston Scott, AJ Dillon (TS), Pollard (TS), Hill, Gio

WR- Thomas, OBJ, Cooper, Sutton, Diontae Johnson, Fitz, Pittman, Jefferson (TS)

TE- Ertz, Goedert, Njoku, Knox (TS)

D/ST- Bills, Bears

K- Butker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? Why? Why would you want him?

 

No team, suspension looming, not sure why you would even waste a roster spot, let alone a waiver to add him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Worth it or just hold on to my #1 claim? I would more then likely drop Gio. 

In Dynasty, especially deep Dynasty he's probably worth holding on to. Worth a #1 claim... Meh, I think there'll be something better. But if he becomes available and you can put him in the taxi squad, why not?

42 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

I would more then likely drop Gio. 

Or drop one of your Defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, I think he is probably done...Pick him up if he goes through waivers but don't waste the #1 claim on him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whips02 said:

Why? Why? Why would you want him?

 

No team, suspension looming, not sure why you would even waste a roster spot, let alone a waiver to add him

Still young, so figured someone may take a chance on him. Deeper benches, so I wasn't sure if it was worth it to add him to see what develops down the road. Appreciate the input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

In Dynasty, especially deep Dynasty he's probably worth holding on to. Worth a #1 claim... Meh, I think there'll be something better. But if he becomes available and you can put him in the taxi squad, why not?

Or drop one of your Defenses.

 

Appreciate the input.  Defenses are hard to come by in our league.  Everyone is holding at least 2, with some people even holding 3.  I like having the 2 defenses I have and if I was to drop one, no one is available on the waiver wire that is remotely worth going after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:
37 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

No his playing career is over

Nah, I think he is probably done...Pick him up if he goes through waivers but don't waste the #1 claim on him

Appreciate the input.  Kinda thinking to not use my #1 waiver priority on him.  Thinking that someone will cut someone better right before the season starts, so I think I'm going to hold out for that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh, I wouldn't waste a no1 waiver on him. And I don't see a need either. I don't know how many RBs you start, but your RB corps looks very, very nice. And it'll look better next year when Jones signs elsewhere and Dillon is the lead back for GB. Take it from an LSU fan who had really high hopes for Guice, don't waste your waiver claim or your time. I owned him in a keeper (keepers due in 8 days), and I just flat cut him off my roster. No ruh-grets. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Tbh, I wouldn't waste a no1 waiver on him. And I don't see a need either. I don't know how many RBs you start, but your RB corps looks very, very nice. And it'll look better next year when Jones signs elsewhere and Dillon is the lead back for GB. Take it from an LSU fan who had really high hopes for Guice, don't waste your waiver claim or your time. I owned him in a keeper (keepers due in 8 days), and I just flat cut him off my roster. No ruh-grets. Lol. 

Thank you for your input. I can start anywhere from 2-4 RBs. We play 2 RBs and 2 FLEX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hate having guys that do this sort of stuff on my team and big suspension likely anyway so wouldn’t bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Nah, I think he is probably done...Pick him up if he goes through waivers but don't waste the #1 claim on him

Yeah, stash him if you can get him for free.  But don't burn a waiver, especially the #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

I really hate having guys that do this sort of stuff on my team and big suspension likely anyway so wouldn’t bother.

You’ve got a point there. I would probably feel uneasy with this guy on my roster with the DV charges pending. Plus the fact I would have to use my #1 waiver priority and I don’t think he’s worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bandito said:

Yeah, stash him if you can get him for free.  But don't burn a waiver, especially the #1.

Yep I’ve decided to not use my #1 waiver. I believe one of the guys in the league is going to put a waiver claim in. But I’m fine not having him on my roster. Who knows what will happen to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy with waiver #12 claimed him. He almost made it to FA, where I might had added him. But ultimately wasn’t comfortable using the #1 on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good save you're waiver for when an impatient owner drops one of his stud players it always happens in leagues everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Dont drop a D and dont use the claim on that bum

I didn’t. I wasn’t planning to drop a D at all. There are only a handful of D’s on the waiver anyway. I really like the 2 I have. Plus there’s no one available that I’d like to drop a defense for. Our wire is pretty barren. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

I didn’t. I wasn’t planning to drop a D at all. There are only a handful of D’s on the waiver anyway. I really like the 2 I have. Plus there’s no one available that I’d like to drop a defense for. Our wire is pretty barren. 

Sounds like my league, best pickup looks to be... Nelson Agholor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Sounds like my league, best pickup looks to be... Nelson Agholor.

Yep that’s pretty much my league. I think the best available in my league is Amendola or Chris Conley. Haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...