Flyman75

Dispersion Draft tonight

Posted (edited)

This dispersion draft starts at 8pm central time tonight. 

12-team...keep 3-5 veterans plus a rookie...interesting rule in that RBs get 0.8 PPR, WRs 1.0 PPR, TEs 1.2 PPR...Impt to note that Passing TDs are 6pts instead of 4. 

The league already had a one-round rookie draft back in June. 

This is a new league that I joined, and me and another guy are drafting from two teams that were abandoned. The other guy was awarded the 1st pick by random selection, but he decided to let me have it. 

We'll draft 7 players tonight, and the order is serpentine after the 1st pick. So I'll have the 1.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.02, 5.01, 6.02, 7.01. 

Top available players are: LJax...RBs - CEH, MSanders, Drake, Bell, DJ, Fournette...WRs - Kupp, KAllen, Diggs. All would be first time keepers except for Fournette (2nd), Kupp (2nd), Allen (4th), and Diggs (3rd). Allen would have to go back into the draft in 2021, Diggs back in 2022, and Fournette and Kupp back in 2023. 

So basically my decision will come down to Lamar and one of the top RBs. 

Keeping in mind that QBs get 6pts per passing TD, who would you make the 1.01? My inclination is to make LJax the easy 1.01 pick and then grab the best RB and Kupp in my 2nd and 3rd picks...or even the top 2 RBs if I like them enough and grab Diggs with my 4th pick. 

What would be your thoughts? 

Edited by Flyman75

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

What would be your thoughts?

I'd rank those in your points system:
Tier 1
Lamar Jackson BAL 
Clyde Edwards-Helaire KC 

Tier 2
Miles Sanders PHI 
Kenyan Drake ARI 
Cooper Kupp LAR 

Tier 3
Keenan Allen LAC 
Le'Veon Bell NYJ 
Leonard Fournette JAC 
David Johnson HOU 
Stefon Diggs BUF 

so yes, 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

My inclination is to make LJax the easy 1.01 pick and then grab the best RB and Kupp in my 2nd and 3rd picks...or even the top 2 RBs if I like them enough

Makes total sense.

Edit: the only question is: are you sure you want to forego CEH?

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

ceh. think you are putting too much value on 6 pt pass td in 12 team. assuming not superflex.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

Absolutely amazing that CEH didn’t go in your rookie draft in June. I would take him.

No, he was taken in the rookie draft in June, as was Jerry Jeudy. But both were in this dispersion draft because two teams had to be replaced. So the commish combined the two teams, and me and the other new guy drafted from that group of players. 

34 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ceh. think you are putting too much value on 6 pt pass td in 12 team. assuming not superflex.

You are correct, and this is one reason why I drafted CEH. As I thought about it more after posting this thread, I realized that the 6pt per TD doesn't benefit Jackson...it actually hurts him relative to the position. There's no way he can replicate his TD rate last year. While he'll still be a stud, obviously, QBs who throw more TDs than him will actually be able to make up some of the difference between Jackson's point total and theirs. 

Plus, I get CEH for a year longer than Jackson. So I went with him as the first pick. 

• Like 1