Flyman75

Diggs...to keep, or not to keep...

12-team...keep 3-5 plus one rookie...keepers can be rostered for 3 consecutive years by one team...RB 0.8 PPR, WR 1.0 PPR, TE 1.2 PPR...Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, TE, RWT, RW, Def, K.

I'm going to keep CEH as my rookie. My three definite veteran keepers will be Drake, Bell, and Kupp. 

My question is whether or not I should keep Diggs and/or AJG. 

The way the league works...there is a rookie draft in June that counts as round 1. We have to keep a minimum of three vets and those keepers are placed in rounds 2, 3, 8. If I keep a 4th vet, I lose my 4th rd pick...If I keep a 5th vet, I lose my 5th rd pick. 

My two picks in the 4th-5th are the 4.08 and 5.05. This is my first year in the league, so I'm don't really know the league just yet. I do know from the draft history that typically 10-12 players are kept in rds 4 and 5. 

So would you keep Diggs and lose the 4.08...which could be the 4th or 5th or 6th overall pick after keepers? Or should I toss him back and just target him or another WR with the 4.08? 

Posted (edited)

With 3 vets already kept and this being the 4th round pick, I’d keep diggs and AJG. You are looking at 7th round value for players picked in the 4th with all the keepers. 

Edited by bhawks489
  • Thanks 1

Toss Diggs & AJ Green back those 2 are made of glass, find much higher upside players for those spots. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

So would you keep Diggs and lose the 4.08...which could be the 4th or 5th or 6th overall pick after keepers? Or should I toss him back and just target him or another WR with the 4.08? 

Diggs for a 4.08 in PPR is more or less right. Which means that I think it's probably wiser to throw him back, and see what's available; could be Diggs, or it could in fact be better.

Edit: after reading again, I understand that in reality he's more like a 3rd round because the first round is all rookies, and only a couple of those should appear in the "normal" first 3 rounds. That makes Diggs then a 4th round value in the 3rd round; no sir. I'm convinced there will be something better.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Diggs for a 4.08 in PPR is more or less right. Which means that I think it's probably wiser to throw him back, and see what's available; could be Diggs, or it could in fact be better.

Edit: after reading again, I understand that in reality he's more like a 3rd round because the first round is all rookies, and only a couple of those should appear in the "normal" first 3 rounds. That makes Diggs then a 4th round value in the 3rd round; no sir. I'm convinced there will be something better.

That’s where I’m leaning. And because some teams will keep 4 and some will keep 5, then that means my actual selection will come a little sooner. If I’m the 4.08, chances are I’ll be making the 4th or 5th actual pick once keepers are factored in. And I’m thinking that I’d rather toss him back and see what’s available with that pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I agree with this, toss him back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's close but I'd throw them back. Worst case, you can probably get them back with those picks if you aren't happy with the others available.

• Thanks 1