Savatage79

Would you trade Hopkins for Godwin?

So the way this draft went drake slipped and in my eager anticipation I had to take him but had a short memory block in remembering that Hop is a card, but for the bye week its going to suck. Anyways here's the team 

Dak

Hopkins, Robinson, Ridley, Boyd, Jeudy, Raegor, Anderson

Cook, Drake, Akers, Henderson ,Lindsay , Miller ,Freeman 

Gronk

--

Would you move Hop for Godwin, or just hold?

14 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

for the bye week its going to suck

tenor.gif

Bye week schmye week. It might actually be an advantage to have as many players as possible on bye in the same week and besdies, I don't know about you but my teams by the time the byepocalips arrives generally look quite different from when I drafted them.

In short: this is not a consideration for me.

17 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Would you move Hop for Godwin, or just hold?

OK, it's a good question.

- Hopkins is one of the best WRs in the game (if not the best), with an exciting offense, but he will have a learning curve in a new system without a long preseason/voluntary camps etc

- Godwin is a great promising receiver, and he may well be at Nuk's level soon (this year even?). Everyone is excited about Brady, except I'm not. I think it may be a good mocve from a football point of view, but not necessarily from a fantasy point.
In short: I think Nuk is still the slightly better prospect. Please don't sue me if Godwin outscores him in 2020, but I would still draft Nuk over Godwin, and so I would not make that trade.

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

tenor.gif

Bye week schmye week. It might actually be an advantage to have as many players as possible on bye in the same week and besdies, I don't know about you but my teams by the time the byepocalips arrives generally look quite different from when I drafted them.

In short: this is not a consideration for me.

OK, it's a good question.

- Hopkins is one of the best WRs in the game (if not the best), with an exciting offense, but he will have a learning curve in a new system without a long preseason/voluntary camps etc

- Godwin is a great promising receiver, and he may well be at Nuk's level soon (this year even?). Everyone is excited about Brady, except I'm not. I think it may be a good mocve from a football point of view, but not necessarily from a fantasy point.
In short: I think Nuk is still the slightly better prospect. Please don't sue me if Godwin outscores him in 2020, but I would still draft Nuk over Godwin, and so I would not make that trade.

Oh you can absolutely expect a letter from my lawyer if Godwin outscores Nuk! 😅

Oh and yea actually the bye week wasn't the main issue , more or less I am never truly a big fan of having 2 players on the same offense outside of QB - wr/rb/the...I love Hop tho and I mean yea its not like this is a bad problem to have lol I have an opportunity for Godwin so weighing it a bit 

• Haha 1

You’re waaay overthinking this. Who’s the better WR?  More than likely it’s Hopkins. Is Arizona’s bye during the playoffs?  No, it isn’t.  

You keep the better player. 

16 minutes ago, Bandito said:

You’re waaay overthinking this. Who’s the better WR?  More than likely it’s Hopkins. Is Arizona’s bye during the playoffs?  No, it isn’t.  

You keep the better player. 

Well its more about sometimes the yin and yang of having to many on same team, if the team has a bad day then both guys might be having a bad struggle. 

It's not so much about who's better, hop is my choice but new team, new everything, it still makes me just debate it is all even slightly 

Keep nuk. I dont factor in Byes at all unless its a draftmaster league.

Hopkins. On the odd occasion I’ve actually had some drafts where majority of players have same bye week which can actually work in your favor. Yes more than likely to lose that week in your league but pretty much puts you at full strength every other week. I don’t take a lot of stock in players from same team/bye especially if they are on a likely potent offense like the Cards.

Keep Hopkins he is the #1 WR for his team, Godwin is a #2 

I’ll be devil’s advocate & say Godwin. This is actually a closer call than everyone here thinks for a few reasons:

1) Godwin is ascending to elite status but isn’t getting the credit yet. Excellent route runner, great hands especially on contested throws. Also kicks inside to the slot fairly often & we all know how much Brady loves his slot WR’s.

2) Brady is gonna throw about as often as Murray will, so volume will be close

3) With ARI’s Air Raid & multiple WR’s on the field, Hopkins isn’t going to get a 30% target share like in HOU. Fitzgerald is still a reliable slot who had 75 catches last year & Kirk is locked in on the other side.

4) I personally temper expectations for a WR in a new offense due to usual chemistry issues with the QB. Hopkins may overcome it with sheer volume though

5) The NFC West is loaded with top CB’s, so Hopkins will have tougher matchups every week.

Don’t get me wrong, Hopkins is a great WR, but I don’t think Godwin gets enough credit & is actually still underrated even though he’s a 2nd round pick.