Axnyc

Favorite Drafting Position This Year?

I got a choice to pick my draft position this year, but i haven't mocked much yet. I am being pressed to pick it by the end of the day. What are you guys opinions? Do i take #1 and call it a day? I tried 11 and saw what feels like more depth coming back to me in round 2/3?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Axnyc said:

I got a choice to pick my draft position this year, but i haven't mocked much yet. I am being pressed to pick it by the end of the day. What are you guys opinions? Do i take #1 and call it a day? I tried 11 and saw what feels like more depth coming back to me in round 2/3?

Thank you.

In general, higher picks have slightly more expected value; the gap from 1-12 is bigger than from 13-24, so it's better to have pick 1.

However, if you consider that you would take gladly anyone from the top-3 or top-5, then the last of those is even better. You then still have a guaranteed stud and in the return round you pick slightly earlier.

Also, strategically it's nicer to pick somewhere in the middle, because if there is suddenly a run on one position band you just sit there with clenched teeth, hoping  something will be left.

TL/DR; assess who in your format are the more or less equal top-N, and then pick N.

I'm strange, I like picking in the end of rounds not in the middle....You just can kind of see things unfolding better and plan accordingly... 

Well, my thinking was, maybe i should pick #2....im fine with CMC or Saquan, and i get to pick earlier on the way back incase someone falls? Unless CMC is much better than Saquan and will get same heavy load as last year?

58 minutes ago, Axnyc said:

Well, my thinking was, maybe i should pick #2....im fine with CMC or Saquan, and i get to pick earlier on the way back incase someone falls? 

That's more or less exactly what I meant :)

Did you decide on taking the #1 pick & drafting CMC? 

I've done a 2 and a 5 so far and I liked both spots to be honest.  But the thing about 5 ,is I didn't feel like my picks were reaches at any point based on the adps and my picks and the picks came alot faster.  But if I'm able to choose I'd go 1 or 2 im sure , CmC and Barkley all day long 

Go with pick number one and get the best running back out there

i always like drafting at the turn, getting back to back picks, you get two top 20/24 picks

help me out?

Barkley is tipped to have a huge come back year so i would recommend pick 2 then you get that slightly better pick each round