turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

3rd, 8th and 2nd have been his targets per game among TE's since he has entered the league.

4th, 7th and 7th have been his ppr ppg since entering the league.

I can't find my source right now unfortunately but Engram had a nice run in his rookie season when OBJ went down. Last season in games with Daniel Jones Engram was even better then he was in the period without OBJ.

6th round rookie Kaden Smith in 6 starts last year had 30 receptions for 267 yards with 3 TD's on 41 targets. On a per game basis he would have been 7th in targets and 8th in fantasy pts/game. This would lead me to believe that Daniel Jones likes to throw to his TE and new coordinator helped a man named Jason Witten achieve 8 of his 10 pro bowls.

I like Engram and produces when he is on field but has three things working against him for me. 
1. Injured a lot

2. A lot of mouths to feed in that offense 

3. Just don’t like the value of where he is being drafted. Prefer top 3 options or waiting to scoop up the value TEs

On 8/11/2020 at 10:25 PM, Black_Panther said:

I like Engram and produces when he is on field but has three things working against him for me. 
1. Injured a lot

2. A lot of mouths to feed in that offense 

3. Just don’t like the value of where he is being drafted. Prefer top 3 options or waiting to scoop up the value TEs

Eh if you could guarantee health, Engram is the second best player in that offense after Saquon, IMO.

I extremely agree with point #1 though.  Dude just can't stay healthy.  Shame because if he could I think he would be one of the best in the game.

• Like 1

Have owned this guy on several different teams his entire career.  No more!  Guy just can't stay healthy.

...so of course this year now he will, you're welcome everyone.  

I am surprised with all his injury issues there's no real discount in price this year.  Maybe I'm jaded from past experience, but I don't see the appeal at his price.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Illusion_J said:

Have owned this guy on several different teams his entire career.  No more!  Guy just can't stay healthy.

...so of course this year now he will, you're welcome everyone.  

I am surprised with all his injury issues there's no real discount in price this year.  Maybe I'm jaded from past experience, but I don't see the appeal at his price.

I think it’s because when healthy and on the field, he puts up good numbers. But I agree, Engram is currently being drafted at his ceiling. Theres just no value there , major pass for me. Countless late round sleepers at TE this year. Why pay the draft capital for this headache 

Edited by RunCMC

Picked him up in Round 9. Not bad at that spot.  I liked him at the Round 9 value in a 10 team league. I do think Jones is going to be looking for him quite a bit this year as a safety outlet since Saquon will draw attention underneath. And I like that his bye isn't until week 11 since he's my only tight end.  Now if he can just last that long...

On 9/9/2020 at 3:56 AM, sdlengua said:

Picked him up in Round 9. Not bad at that spot.  I liked him at the Round 9 value in a 10 team league. I do think Jones is going to be looking for him quite a bit this year as a safety outlet since Saquon will draw attention underneath. And I like that his bye isn't until week 11 since he's my only tight end.  Now if he can just last that long...

I got him in the 9th round for my league as well. Hoping for some production - just got to hope he stays healthy.

You gotta give Engram credit tonight. Man got creative in finding ways to not catch the ball. Whether it was dropping catches, not running routes, or committing offensive pass interference penalties, he did it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This was the Steelers defense and he did get 7 targets I knew not to start him based on matchups. Things will get much better.

• Like 2

He always seemed more of an athlete and not really that good at football. Still looks raw in his 3rd year

DJ was looking for him but i agree this game was a bust. He didn't look ready to play and doesn't look to have that hungry energy that is needed to be a top player in this league.Let's hope it was rust from not playing a big part of last year and no preseason. I've no choice at the moment but to hope for better days. Could've easily had 4 catches and a touchdown on those 7 targets. 1 more target than Sterling Shepard. I think he'll turn in some decent games this season if he stays healthy but there were definitely better options in Round 9 where i got him. Welcome to fantasy football boys!! 

• Like 1

Considering dropping Engram already lol.  There are some potential quality options on the wire.  

One of those posters above nailed it.  Doesn’t have that hungry energy.  I feel he will be a frustrating hold.

1 hour ago, CanaBuc said:

This was the Steelers defense and he did get 7 targets I knew not to start him based on matchups. Things will get much better.

You don't get it. 

He doesn't fit.

8 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Considering dropping Engram already lol.  There are some potential quality options on the wire.  

One of those posters above nailed it.  Doesn’t have that hungry energy.  I feel he will be a frustrating hold.

Trade him. 

He doesn't fit.

Engram if he stays injury free will be fine, no reason to overreact on 1 game. He should of had an easy TD early if it wasn’t for a bad throw from Jones. Don’t trade him and don’t drop him. Steelers are very good against the TE position and Mike Hilton and Minkah proved that tonight. Engram is focused this year(because he’s looking to get paid)and could be due a nice long-term contract if health allows him. Targets and athletic ability is there and Giants will be playing catch-up all year long. Have some faith.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Engram if he stays injury free will be fine, no reason to overreact on 1 game. He should of had an easy TD early if it wasn’t for a bad throw from Jones. Don’t trade him and don’t drop him. Steelers are very good against the TE position and Mike Hilton and Minkah proved that tonight. Engram is focused this year(because he’s looking to get paid)and could be due a nice long-term contract if health allows him. Targets and athletic ability is there and Giants will be playing catch-up all year long. Have some faith.

Wrong again. Engram had his 5th year option renewed for 2021 season. He's not a free agent until after 2 years from now.

He had a bad game against a good D but still got 7 targets in the game. He’s too talented to straight up drop after one game

• Like 3

FWIW, he appears to be a god awful blocker (either run or pass). I'd be concerned about that....was routinely just getting blown up.

1 minute ago, meverett85 said:

FWIW, he appears to be a god awful blocker (either run or pass). I'd be concerned about that....was routinely just getting blown up.

To be fair, anyone blocking a Steeler was getting blown up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, atrium said:

You gotta give Engram credit tonight. Man got creative in finding ways to not catch the ball. Whether it was dropping catches, not running routes, or committing offensive pass interference penalties, he did it all.

this is an incredible post. 

5 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

He had a bad game against a good D but still got 7 targets in the game. He’s too talented to straight up drop after one game

So, this is my first time owning Engram. I was actually happy with the amount of targets. He's not the typical TE - more like a WR to me. I think he'll be ok. That D was destroying everyone last night

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atrium said:

this, right here, is quality posting - love. it.

Highfive Fist GIF - Highfive Fist Bump - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1