turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

Him and Mike Evans were in a competition this week for least receiving yards with 4+ targets.

Edited by WaiverLooter

I find it ridiculous that Evan Engram was going before Jared Cook in drafts.

People reeally do not know what they're doing.

Evan Engram sucks.

6 hours ago, meverett85 said:

FWIW, he appears to be a god awful blocker (either run or pass). I'd be concerned about that....was routinely just getting blown up.

Engram is god awful football player, period.

Whats the feeling that the Steelers are just REALLY freaking good on D, a young QB getting blitzed often, crap play calling and no preseason?  I read a lot that Engram just sucks, hard to believe he went from good (albeit hurt) to just being a bad football player.  So I'm trying to filter out the frustration (as an owner I feel it too) from objective data, as I'm trying to decide my waiver pickups with Fant, Hock, Smith and Goedert all on WW.  

2 minutes ago, croikee said:

Whats the feeling that the Steelers are just REALLY freaking good on D, a young QB getting blitzed often, crap play calling and no preseason?  I read a lot that Engram just sucks, hard to believe he went from good (albeit hurt) to just being a bad football player.  So I'm trying to filter out the frustration (as an owner I feel it too) from objective data, as I'm trying to decide my waiver pickups with Fant, Hock, Smith and Goedert all on WW.  

Sell Engram. He does not fit what the new regime wants. He's going to be a Bust all year. I avoided Engram in every Fantasy draft this year.

I have a feeling the Giants bench Engram later on for Kaden Smith, who is the better pure TE.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, croikee said:

giphy.gif

If the first game is too early to judge in normal times, doubly so for football in covid world with no preseason and not as much practice...

yet but it wasn't encouraging.

Had this guy the previous 2 years but had his as a DND this season.

After week 1 I see why.

SMH

21 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

If the first game is too early to judge in normal times, doubly so for football in covid world with no preseason and not as much practice...

yet but it wasn't encouraging.

Trust me...you do not want Evan Engram on your fantasy football roster this year. Get rid of him while you can.

• Haha 1

If you want to see the upside on this guy, he was on the field for almost every snap. The only offensive players to outsnap him are the OL & the QB, and he was 3rd in target behind Slay & Saquads. Giants are probably going to try to showcase him a bit to bait a trade, and he should have a couple big games during the season because they won't play the steelers every week. His lack of consistency is his downfall though, good luck to people who own him

Edited by egolam
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, egolam said:

If you want to see the upside on this guy, he was on the field for almost every snap. The only offensive players to outsnap him are the OL & the QB, and he was 3rd in target behind Slay & Saquads. Giants are probably going to try to showcase him a bit to bait a trade, and he should have a couple big games during the season because they won't play the steelers every week. His lack of consistency is his downfall though, good luck to people who own him

As a first time owner, this was the big takeaway from me. He was always on the field, got lots of targets, and just missed that TD catch. He looks really athletic (great catch that ws called back on PI). 

32 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

As a first time owner, this was the big takeaway from me. He was always on the field, got lots of targets, and just missed that TD catch. He looks really athletic (great catch that ws called back on PI). 

Engram will be fine he played against one of the best defenses we seen in yrs. His night would have been much better if not for Jones missing him in the end zone which should of been an easy TD for him and the bad offensive PI call on him like u said, his night could have easily been 14pts in full PPR against an elite defense. Look at what the Steelers did with Barkley, shut him down, I don’t see Barkley owners to worried. It’s the 1st game of year, Engram owners need to be patient. Everyone will be singing a different tune come Sunday. 

On 9/17/2020 at 3:47 AM, Tomei7 said:

Engram will be fine he played against one of the best defenses we seen in yrs. His night would have been much better if not for Jones missing him in the end zone which should of been an easy TD for him and the bad offensive PI call on him like u said, his night could have easily been 14pts in full PPR against an elite defense. Look at what the Steelers did with Barkley, shut him down, I don’t see Barkley owners to worried. It’s the 1st game of year, Engram owners need to be patient. Everyone will be singing a different tune come Sunday. 

😳

On 9/17/2020 at 6:47 AM, Tomei7 said:

Evan Engram is an absolutely atrocious football player.

What planet are you living on ?

On 9/15/2020 at 6:43 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Trust me...you do not want Evan Engram on your fantasy football roster this year. Get rid of him while you can.

Absolutely garbage. Was hoping for a sell high window at some point but doesn't look like we'll even get that

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Evan Engram is an absolutely atrocious football player.

What planet are you living on ?

WRONG!! Actually u look pretty stooopid, he was only targeted ONCE in the whole 1st Half, then ended up 8targets 6recs 65yds. If he is used the right way he can be a TE1 easily, it’s the injury bug he has dealt with last couple yrs, not the lack talent and skill. We all realize u hate Engram, but ur take on Engram is way off Buddy, keep ur emotions/feelings to ur self. Try again.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 3

6 for 65 and people still hating on him? He's a integral part of the offense, probably even more so with Saquon gone.

• Thanks 1

Advice: Engram led the Giants in targets, catches, and receiving yards in this one, but the G-Men only scored one touchdown on the day. Engram's usage has been promising through two weeks, seeing a total of 15 targets

As long as he stays healthy, Engram will be safe on all rosters. With the Saquon and Shepard injuries he can really be featured.

He's a TE1.  By default most TE's not named Kelce or Kittle will have up and down scores from week to week.   The targets and snap count are there.   I'd consider targeting him if you suck at TE and think his owner is as down on him as some of the posters are in this thread.