turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Anyone rolling this bum out there next week?

Yup.

Really bad game from Danny Dimes and SF controlled the clock. He should have had a bigger game. Better days ahead for EE, hopefully. :(

1 hour ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Hell no.

This isn’t the year, abandon ship.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I'll probably start Gesicki over him

This is hilarious.  If you looked at the schedule to start the year, everyone said don't expect much out of the Giants offense the first 3 weeks.  Well, that happened.  The schedule opens up a ton going forward and you'll see a lot more weeks like week 2.  

• Like 1

I just took a look.  He's tied for 7th among all TE's with 20 targets.  The opportunities are there.

Funny how everyone is writing this guy off after only 3 games of play against 3 of the toughest matchups u will see (Steelers, Bears, 49ers). He is 7th in targets and 12th in recs against those matchups. His total yds (96) is low rn and ranked 19th but with his athleticism that will change, he can damn near double that yardage in 1 single play. He also hasn’t hit paydirt yet, he should have had a TD vs the Steelers but Jones missed him wide open in the end zone for an easy TD. I’m staying patient rn,  too much opportunity and upside with Engram just to give up on the guy already. He’s playing in a new offensive system with Garrett on a shortened preseason, along with a rash of injuries on the team that they are adjusting to, also u have to take into consideration of the 3 tough matchups already. Engram’s only issue for me has always been staying healthy nothing else. The Points will be coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Funny how everyone is writing this guy off after only 3 games of play against 3 of the toughest matchups u will see (Steelers, Bears, 49ers). He is 7th in targets and 12th in recs against those matchups. His total yds (96) is low rn and ranked 19th but with his athleticism that will change, he can damn near double that yardage in 1 single play. He also hasn’t hit paydirt yet, he should have had a TD vs the Steelers but Jones missed him wide open in the end zone for an easy TD. I’m staying patient rn,  too much opportunity and upside with Engram just to give up on the guy already. He’s playing in a new offensive system with Garrett on a shortened preseason, along with a rash of injuries on the team that they are adjusting to, also u have to take into consideration of the 3 tough matchups already. Engram’s only issue for me has always been staying healthy nothing else. The Points will be coming.

Now there are two concerns other than injury. I figured I’d be able to start him if he’s healthy but that hasn’t been the case. 

Likely without kelce this week, engram was dropped so I picked him up. I like The targets, just hope he can be more productive than previous weeks. 

from reading this thread sounds like it is a lot of mental mistakes by engram that is fixable.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

I feel if he were on a different team he would be getting off.

to be fair the Giants have had one of the most brutal schedules starting out the year. Pitt, Chicago, SF and LAR

their schedule doesn’t exactly get easier along the way, but that’s a hell of a way to start the season with no preseason.

Engram was dropped in one of my leagues and I’m strongly considering picking him up as my TE2 behind Andrews. I think brighter fantasy days are ahead for him and slayton.

Edited by JDE

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JDE said:

to be fair the Giants have had one of the most brutal schedules starting out the year. Pitt, Chicago, SF and LAR

their schedule doesn’t exactly get easier along the way, but that’s a hell of a way to start the season with no preseason.

Engram was dropped in one of my leagues and I’m strongly considering picking him up as my TE2 behind Andrews. I think brighter fantasy days are ahead for him and slayton.

To be fair, it's hard to imagine it getting much darker than the output we're seeing with his level of usage. I'd been hoping we'd at least see some spike weeks but this offense is just looking brutal.

Edited by trilly

I was encouraged by the amount of targets. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope to see something vs. Dallas.  

The offense just doesn't flow, everything looks forced. Jones doesn't look real good but without the offenses #1 playmaker, most would struggle. Although without CMAC, the Panthers still seem to be rolling along. Jones needs to be better and needs more time to throw. Defense kept them in the game so with some easier matchups coming up, perhaps we can get some scores. I'm hopeful as I don't have a backup TE for now.

i think he'll do good against Dallas - they can't stop anything.  Every game seems to turn into a shootout.

Another ten targets. I am very close to dropping this dude but for who? Alie-Cox with his two targets? It’s a tough spot for us because the looks are there but production isn’t. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brettg57 said:

Another ten targets. I am very close to dropping this dude but for who? Alie-Cox with his two targets? It’s a tough spot for us because the looks are there but production isn’t. 

Same boat as you, and I know with the Alie-Cox thing as well.....this week was pretty poor for TE production for guys that don't have Kittle, Andrews and probably Kelce

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Same boat as you, and I know with the Alie-Cox thing as well.....this week was pretty poor for TE production for guys that don't have Kittle, Andrews and probably Kelce

Not making excuses but he’s yet to have a good matchup. I think the Dallas game is a get right spot.. call me bias but this is easiest his best matchup through four weeks. Jaylon Smith and the rest of the LB corps. Are a shell of themselves.

through four weeks- all good defenses with solid LB coverage.

Pittsburgh

Chicago

San Francisco

LA Rams

Edited by Brettg57

Just now, Brettg57 said:

Not making excuses but he’s yet to have a good matchup. I think the Dallas game is a get right spot.. call me bias but this is easiest his best matchup through four weeks. Jaylon Smith and the rest of the LB corps. Are a shell of themselves.

Man, I'm hoping you're right.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

through four weeks- all good defenses with solid LB coverage.

Pittsburgh

Chicago

San Francisco

LA Rams

As a Cowboys fan I will gladly take a get right spot for my fantasy TE since evidently my real NFL team thinks defense is for sissies.

If this guy doesn’t do it against the Cowboys, you can pretty much cut bait 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:51 PM, Rod6874 said:

If this guy doesn’t do it against the Cowboys, you can pretty much cut bait 

47 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Yep, absolutely last shot for me with this guy.

spacer.png

Same here abandoning ship if he doesn't produce this week. Cowboys should score at will on Giants so he should get his usual 7-10 targets.

35 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Same here abandoning ship if he doesn't produce this week. Cowboys should score at will on Giants so he should get his usual 7-10 targets.

Hopefully one of those targets is for a TD