turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

On 10/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, Rod6874 said:

If this guy doesn’t do it against the Cowboys, you can pretty much cut bait 

10 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Yep, absolutely last shot for me with this guy.

43 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Same here abandoning ship if he doesn't produce this week. Cowboys should score at will on Giants so he should get his usual 7-10 targets.

He’s went against the 4 toughest teams vs the TE position, Pit Chi SF and Rams. On top of that he’s 3rd in targets at the TE position only behind Waller and Kelce and 8th in recs. I think it would be a bad mistake giving up on Engram IMO, the schedule is getting much better and eventually the TDs and the YAC will come with his athleticism. Health was always his issue not production, and this the healthiest he’s been since his rookie yr. Hope u fellas have an alternate plan if u do decide to abandon ship, cause the TE position is very very shallow, giving up on Engram with all the opportunity he’s been getting is insane IMO. It’s all about targets he will eventually get his. I’m trying to buy low everywhere.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

He’s went against the 4 toughest teams vs the TE position, Pit Chi SF and Rams. On top of that he’s 3rd in targets at the TE position only behind Waller and Kelce and 8th in recs. I think it would be a bad mistake giving up on Engram IMO, the schedule is getting much better and eventually the TDs and the YAC will come with his athleticism. Health was always his issue not production, and this the healthiest he’s been since his rookie yr. Hope u fellas have an alternate plan if u do decide to abandon ship, cause the TE position is very very shallow, giving up on Engram with all the opportunity he’s been getting is insane IMO. It’s all about targets he will eventually get his. I’m trying to buy low everywhere.

This is what I was saying, EE is due. This is the spot for him to rebound. If it doesn’t happen Sunday we can all cut bait. Dallas LB corps just hasn’t been good this year. The players are good but Nolan(DC) isn’t putting up good schemes. 

3 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Dallas LB corps just hasn’t been good this year. The players are good but Nolan(DC) isn’t putting up good schemes. 

Inappropriate hire.  Two-gap coach with one-gap personnel. 

Just traded for this guy. Hoping for a good game tomorrow. Dont worry he was cheap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buckets88 said:

Just traded for this guy. Hoping for a good game tomorrow. Dont worry he was cheap.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

Hey i said he was cheap lol. Was someone i was going to drop anyway.

• Like 2

The Giants have scored three touchdowns in 4 games. The Giants are a bad team. But they're not scoring 12 TDs for the whole season bad. The Giants will get better and at least someone will benefit from it. Engram and Slayton seem the best bets to me.

• Like 1

Picked him up off waivers this morning. Coming off 10 targets and facing the worst defense in football. Giants worst offense in football. 

Whats the saying? Butter softens butter. 

Had a hard time deciding between Engram and Ebron. I feel whichever some of us had in FAs and passed over may come back to bite you heh. I just don't have a lot of confidence in NYs QB forget his name. 

Starting Waller and Engram. F*** it. Let’s go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jericho said:

The Giants have scored three touchdowns in 4 games. The Giants are a bad team. But they're not scoring 12 TDs for the whole season bad. The Giants will get better and at least someone will benefit from it. Engram and Slayton seem the best bets to me.

As a Giants fan this is new territory for sure, I'm used to the losses piling up but seeing the giants offense be this inept is sad.

Starting this guy for the first time. Been trying to get out of TE purgatory all year, hopefully this is the week. 

29 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

Runs one in early then proceeds to follow that up with one whole catch. Bum. 

Daniel Jones is pretty bad to be frank

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This guy is like the 30th best option at TE for fantasy purposes.  Will finally be rid of him this week.

2 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Daniel Jones is pretty bad to be frank

More than that, a whopping two of his 33 attempts were to Engram. WTF is Engram supposed to do with only two targets?  And the ones he does get are all ridiculously short. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but God I miss Eli. 

• Like 1

I’m never punting on TE again. 😕

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dislimb said:

I’m never punting on TE again. 😕

TE looked so deep this year... it isn’t 😂

• Like 3

he looked fine out there to me - looks healthy and getting separation.  Just not getting targeted much by a mediocre to sub standard QB - when he does get targeted they are overthrows, underthrows or short baby passes.  He also had a trick play 40 yard td called back on a bs call.  Could've had a monster game.  Daniel Jones just doesn't target him consistently.  He's due for a few good games but he's going to be limited with Daniel Jones being who he is and not getting consistent targets.

13 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

TE looked so deep this year... it isn’t 😂

No it isn’t. It’s Robert Tonyan’s world. The rest of us are just living in it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bandito said:

More than that, a whopping two of his 33 attempts were to Engram. WTF is Engram supposed to do with only two targets?  And the ones he does get are all ridiculously short. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but God I miss Eli. 

pretty much this!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

He also had a trick play 40 yard td called back on a bs call. 

And took someone else throwing the ball to get him the target!